PvP/PvE - hit rating and spell pen? (Shadow and Disc)

Hi, for both Shadow and Disc, how much hit rating and spell pen do I need in PvP and PvE?

PvP

6% hit to be capped against all races (some have racials that increase the chance spells can miss by 1 or 2%). Otherwise 4% will cap you against a same level target. Spell pen needs to be whatever the shadow prot buff gives, its 190 or 195 I forget off the top of my head. Mages can get higher but its rare for people to get thier spell pen to that mark. I'm not sure what that is off the top of my head, it's whatever mage armor gives + the 190 or 195 (whichever that is).

PvE

Disc you don't need hit obviously, if you're attonement spec then the glyph of holy accuracy does the job. 17% will cap you for shadow, however there is much conjecture about whether you shoot for the hit cap or not. You will need to do some reading and research and make up your own mind if you care about reaching the hit cap in that instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    PvP

6% hit to be capped against all races (some have racials that increase the chance spells can miss by 1 or 2%). Otherwise 4% will cap you against a same level target. Spell pen needs to be whatever the shadow prot buff gives, its 190 or 195 I forget off the top of my head. Mages can get higher but its rare for people to get thier spell pen to that mark. I'm not sure what that is off the top of my head, it's whatever mage armor gives + the 190 or 195 (whichever that is).
    If you get the Blue Spell Pen Cloak, and either enchant that cloak with + spell pen, or use 1 resilience + Spell pen gem, you're okay. You're even above the Shadow Protection buff.
    Resurrected Holy Priest