10+ Year Old Account

Need some asistance (holy)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%ACm/simple

got that out of the way.

Now, I started getting chosen as heals for randoms instead of DPS which is nice, but i seem to be a shitty healer. I tend to go oom much more than other healers i see in heroics. Im usually spamming heal the entire fight and using flash heal to keep serendipity up for Gheals or PoH depending on if the tank is missing more hp or there are 2+ ppl taking dmg. i keep Heal chakra up the whole fight for instant heal on random dps getting low. i was reading other threads saying to take the points out of veils shadows since all i get to do on this toon is randoms so i might do that. also my shadowfiend stands by me for the 1st 3 seconds he is out -_- stupid macro. Any ideas on how i can conserve mana a little better.

P.S no on clicks lightwell here

Deleted
    My shadow fiend always spawns @ my target when I summon it. O.o

Also, flashing just to keep serendipity up is a huge waste of mana. Flash heal costs a bomb. Try to re frame from using it unless you absolutely have to. Serendipity only reduces the mana cost of Greater heal/Prayer of healing by 20% at 2 stacks. That's not going to be worth the cost of a flash heal. Even with the cast time reduction as well.

Just try to keep renew up on the tank and use the (glyphed) Prayer of mending on the tank as well.

Sounds like your doing everything else right. Your gear and spec seem suitable enough.

And keep trying to get people to use the light well!!! Dont give up!! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    i use
    /cast [harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettargettarget,harm,nodead] Shadowfiend
    for my shadowfiend. it worked up until tuesday it spawns next to the mob but runs back to my side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    i use
    /cast [harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettargettarget,harm,nodead] Shadowfiend
    for my shadowfiend. it worked up until tuesday it spawns next to the mob but runs back to my side.
    I use:

#showtooltip Shadowfiend
    /cast [nopet] Shadowfiend
    /petaggressive [pet]
    /petattack
    /cast shadowcrawl

I just did a quick test and it seems to work fine. Maybe attaching a /petattack command to the end would fix it, i'm not so good with macros but it's worth a try.

The rest of the stuff you do seems to be fine, there are alot of very good geared healers doing heroics now so you might be seeing them and their really good mana regen.
    I had some pretty bad problems with mana when I started healing heroics but after you get some gear it gets so much easier, about the time I could cast Heal for free (my regen was more than the mana cost) heroics started to get very easy. Stick at it and you see big changes with gear.
    Last edited by mmoc9eeaaea509; 2011-02-12 at 08:08 AM.