What classes cause you trouble in PvP?

Yo! Thought it would be interesting to see what classes cause us trouble and perhaps see if one or two classes are overrepresented.

For myself, fighting anything except fellow death knights, ret paladins and warriors is mostly easy only ever becoming difficult if I enter the fight with no cooldowns available. However when fighting rogues and feral druids it's a dead race, nothing I do enables me to beat them and it's becoming quite frustrating. I will perhaps beat them down to 30k in some scenarios but I only ever win against ones who I overgear by quite a bit.

So the only classes I actively seek to avoid fighting to some extent are feral druids and rogues. Perhaps some tricks and hints you can share?

Now it's your turn!

Anything that stealths screws me over completely. Rogues? Forget it. Ferals? GG.

Its funny that you mention those classes. When fighting another Death Knight its always best to use AMS defensively or even offensively, preventing any CC from the other DK and keeping up the pressure at all times. We have a lot of ways to heal ourselves right now if everything is off cooldown and a well timed Strangulate can really mess that up. As for Rets, remember our good old friend AMS? Pop that right at the beginning - there's a good chance that they'll try to stun you with a Hammer of Justice, which absolutely sucks. Other than that watch out for bubble/Lay on Hands, and Dark Sim. is your best friend. And Warriors. If they start attacking you first, good luck. If you can get the upper hand on them (I like to use my handy Death Grip+Chains of Ice macro) you can really go off on them. Remember to pop Icebound Fortitude earlier, especially if they're Arms.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Deleted
    Other way around for me. I find rogues/ferals/warriors the easiest to kill. We have so much self healing via the new death strike glyph that they can simply not burn me down fast enough before I kill then. They generally always in range so a death strike is always a viable option.

A well played hunter on the other hand is owning me right now. (MM especially, as of 4.0.6) To the point where I cannot even damage them one in a single battle. I death grip, they disengage, I root them, they pop deterrence. I root them again, they pop frost trap, run back and cast a long ass aimed shot while I sit frozen and watch while I am critted for a shed load even with 3.7k resil. A disc priest is somewhat hard to beat also, if they're stacking mastery... Their shield is pretty difficult to counter if you're on your own.

Every other class is a RNG war, imo. Many times I will beat an equally geared/skilled person, but at other times lose to a lower skilled player. It is fun because you can run up to anyone of any class and spec and have a somewhat decent chance of beating them, but if the RNG is against you, it can be extremely frustrating.

Well here you go, this is a tip I use for Hunters: NEVER Death Grip until they Disengage. Get up right on top of them, apply a little pressure and wait for them to Disengage. Immediately Grip back to you and try to burst them down. When they pop Detterence, go ahead and use Outbreak on them if you're diseases aren't up and wait it out. Fighting a Hunter is also a good example of using AMS skillfully, especially if they're Survival so you can absorb all their magical damage and get some juicy Runic Power.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    A disc priest is somewhat hard to beat also, if they're stacking mastery... Their shield is pretty difficult to counter if you're on your own.
    Agree, Disc's shields are currently OP, not even worth using necrotic strike against them...

I can't wait till someone post that they lose to "LOLLOLOLOL30KICELANCESPAM OPPPPPP"

10+ Year Old Account
    spriests, arc mages, and affliction locks.

Ret paladins if they pop wings can be tough. I think they need to tone that down a little bit and improve the other abilities a bit. Having an ability that if its up you win, if not you lose is just bad design.

Warriors are consistently a problem, but I think warriors are consistently a problem for everyone right now. They're just way overtuned for PvP with incredible mobility, insane burst damage(mainly through armor ignore) and self heals of a healer, all in plate armor.

the only classes that give me trouble still is feral droods (havent dueled once since 4.0.6 though) and fury wars (only because of near unsurvivable burst on the geared ones) for afflick locks i just spam ds and claim victory. a good rogue is tricky and probably will beat me but i just sit in blood pres and use rune strike when they evade and spam Ds and necrotic and hope they make a mistake. Also a well timed pet stun on the rogues opener works wonders. i havent run into any good s priests so i cant comment on that due to lack of dueling XP post cata

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    I can't wait till someone post that they lose to "LOLLOLOLOL30KICELANCESPAM OPPPPPP"
    I got some troubles against mages with their LOLLOLOLOL30KICELANCESPAM OPPPPPP.
    Ferals are also tough

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors eat me up more than anything, but the changes should help a ton.

A good hunter can be really tough. Luckily, 95% of hunters are garbage and do not even use half their abilities.

Ferals usually die, but their freaking bleeds kill me as well unless a healer is on the ball. They will be much easier now, especially for frost.

Screw holy pallies.

I am really happy with how my DK is right now. Honestly, I am still amazed that all of the buffs came through for frost because I had mobility issues, but was no where near broken.
    Last edited by Roose; 2011-02-13 at 12:01 AM.
    I like sandwiches