Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

The Root of All Evil

Is human emotions. Think about it. Fury, sadness, greed, vengeance, among others. They all push others to commit evil acts. Look at World War II for example. Germany was crushed, then Hitler took control of others emotions and pushed others to extremes. Thus war broke out. Even on smaller scales. People (see: girls) are very emotional. They stab each other in the back constantly because they FEEL threatened by others, when in reality nothing is wrong.

I would like to propose that to eliminate evil, we must eliminate human emotion. We must ascend and become robots. Science has proven to us through bioengineering that part of this process can be done in the form of mechanical limbs. We must push science to the limits, becoming completely mechanical beings with no emotions. No emotions means everyone gets along. Thus evil is abolished.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M_10 View Post
    I would like to propose that to eliminate evil, we must eliminate human emotion.
    *1984 warning flares up*

You should watch Equilibrium.

Edit: Damn, Fraza beat me to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evil will be around so aslong as man is. Humans are evil.

I got it GENOCIDE, this will eliminate the purely human concept of evil. Long overdue, this solution seems best fitted to our current state of being. Self awareness is a disease with only one cure.

Point being? Kill kittens?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanshan View Post
    Evil will be around so aslong as man is. Humans are evil.
    Thanks for restating my argument. If we ascend to robotic beings, we are no longer human, and are no longer capable of emotion.

Is human emotions. Think about it. Fury, sadness, greed, vengeance, among others.
    Umm, pretty sure greed isn't an emotion. But I would have to disagree with you, evil has to exist other wise there would be no such thing
    as "good". Quote from Syndrome "If everyone is super, no one will be."
    My favorite colour is dead bosses.

Evil doesnt exist nor does good, except in your own mind much like the soggy flayed echoes of FSM. The solution to the human drama = remove the humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Froglegs View Post
    Umm, pretty sure greed isn't an emotion. But I would have to disagree with you, evil has to exist other wise there would be no such thing
    as "good". Quote from Syndrome "If everyone is super, no one will be."
    Greed is very much an emotion. You see something, you want it badly and sometimes not knowing why. That is greed.

Life, love it or leave it.

I clicked on this thread from the front page expecting mage/feral nerf QQ. I be disappoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evil, everywhere! Over 4 billions evil faces. Lucky for us Garfield ain't evil.

Your theories has been portrait and painted in many different ways, I suggest you go watch Equilibrium as said above, it's a great movie : )

Is human emotions. Think about it. Fury, sadness, greed, vengeance, among others. They all push others to commit evil acts.
    In my honest opinion, sadness is a good emotion. Most people confuse sadness with rage or vengeance when it shouldn't be. Beaing sad simply means something has touched you on a high emotional level, which is not evil at all.

No emotions means everyone gets along.
    Also, I believe this statemant is wrong. If you eliminate all emotions you can't really get along with anyone
    Last edited by trebor; 2011-02-12 at 05:45 PM.

There's been some interesting research done on people who have (due to organic brain damage) lost the ability to experience or perceive their own emotions. Turns out they make *terrible* decisions. So, unfortunately, empirical evidence argues against your hypothesis.

Deleted
    The suppression of the individual in order for the society to become 'better' is evil in my eyes. Basically you'd eliminate conflict through the ultimate desacration of life and what makes us human.

Quote Originally Posted by trebor View Post
    In my honest opinion, sadness is a good emotion. Most people confuse sadness with rage or vengeance when it shouldn't be. Beaing sad simply means something has touched you on a high emotional level, which is not evil at all.
    Good point. However, sadness can boil into rage. For example, your girl/boyfriend may break up with you, causing sadness, which develops into anger based on how your mind works.

What makes people think that our human ideas and our existence has any meaning whatsoever? Human ego.... .... . . 0