Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The problem with theists is that they don't accept "I don't know" as an answer.

"I don't know, but I want to find out through observation, testing and analysis" is what drives man to progression.
    Not... "god did it"

As for why atheists are becoming more arrogant in society, I say this: "It's about f--king time!". This talking snake BS, Mohamad, the kiddie-fiddler on his flying horse and 9 year old wife, Moses and his burning bush.... SHEEZ - It's the 21st century. "This sh*t has got to go!"

You don't respect that which does not deserve respect.

Isn't it amusing that even christians, the general mainstream ones, generally when approached with an extremisit who says: "I want to tell you more about jesus" normally backs away, rather than goes closer?

On another note...
    Wait till a theist actually joins this thread. See how the tone changes...
    I suspect one or two are here already - when I see the "g" in god capitalized. Something that I despise. It gives it a status, a respect that is not warranted.
    Last edited by Cryostasis; 2011-02-12 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    Agnostics are worse than Christians. At least Christians can say what they believe, Agnostics are just losers that are too stupid to decide.

Personally, I'm a poly-atheist; I don't believe in any gods at all.
    That is quite possibly one of the most ignorant posts I've seen. Agnostics choose not to take part in the "debate", they simply acknowledge one or the other is possible and move on. That has absolutely nothing to do with stupidity.

Agnostics are worse than Christians. At least Christians can say what they believe, Agnostics are just losers that are too stupid to decide.

I see them more as realists.

To me, this discussion sounds more like trying to make it so that Neutral is part of the evil side because they don't support the good and gnostism and agnoticism is like lawful and unlawful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryostasis View Post
    On another note...

I suspect one or two are here already - when I see the "g" in god capitalized. Something that I despise. It gives it a status, a respect that is not warranted.
    I'm a pro-theism Atheist, and I disagree with your sentiments. God is a wonderful thing for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    Sorry, "reject" atheism? Now you've REALLY proven you've got no clue what you're talking about. Atheism is an absence, a nothing. It's not a concept, or an idea, or a belief. It's the absence of belief. You just lost.
    Atheism is a concept and an idea, it is not an absence because it draws a conclusion. It is the opposite of being theistic. Atheism serves to reject theism and so can also be rejected.

On another note...

It lets people know exactly what you're talking about. God as a thing, a person, a deity, instead of a concept or idea.

@Badpaladin
    Did you ever read what Dante wrote about fence walkers?

@RabbitPrime
    Your problem is that you're trying to define the world in two divisions, with people who don't care in the "middle," as a third. What the OP is saying is that there are four, agnostics belong to both categories, and so calling yourself agnostic without further defining whether you believe in God or not is incomplete.

On another note...

Proper nouns are capitalized, it's called English.

10+ Year Old Account
    I capitalize God when I use it as a proper noun (more specifically, as the name of a person/thing, depending on what you believe). I am an atheist. It's not because I'm showing respect. It's because I prefer to stick to the rules of English.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Here tell me what I am.

I don't have proof that god exists.
    I don't have proof that god doesn't exist.
    I don't care if god exists one way or the other.
    I want annoying religous asshats to keep their beliefs to themselves.

What am I?

Deleted
    It should be noted that there are no Agnostic Atheists as religion has no evidence or proof to help supplement it's reality but has none going against it either.
    Unless someone finds it for me, that's currently my belief.

On the topic, however, I am Gnostic Atheist.

One thing however is that I know things related to Religion, and yet when you combine Gnostic + Atheist = Can prove Atheism wins (since as stated before it is very difficult to disprove something that isn't proven in the first place)? No I don't think that sorry, I think it means you have a generally unbiased standpoint and has decided to choose the (and this is put bluntly) reasonable approach.

In which case, I like you.

But anyway. I'm kind-of Pantheist. There is no belief system someone fully devotes to (unless of course they are (probably) lazy and chose religion) but I do feel it is much more..
    Open, to spiritual things.

P.S That does not mean I believe in any of the following:
    Ghosts
    Phantoms
    Haunted People
    Visions from Entities
    Visions from Dieties
    A Purpose for All Things
    A Connection is Between All Living Things
    Qi
    Souls
    Gingers have no Souls
    Joking is Bad

I pretty much don't believe in any of them. I may kind-of half believe on them on different levels in different perspectives but not as they are originally perceived.
    Joking owns btw.

- H

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Did you ever read what Dante wrote about fence walkers?
    Sitters*, and yes. I've read The Divine Comedy. I wouldn't call it cowardly, but then again people certainly thought differently back in Dante's day.

i dont know where u guys are all from, but from the information i get about america (tv etc) there is a huge diffrence between an american christian and a dutch christian. the majority of christians in america seems to be real agressive in spreading there religion and holding it to be the only thruth in the world.

here in holland the majority of christians dont really care about what other people believe, they wont push their relligion onto others. the pushing your relligion onto others is about the only thing i cant stand about those people.

edit: perfect example of this is that part of my familly are hardcore christians (heavily reformed is the litteral translation from dutch) when i visit them for dinner they will start dinner with reading a part of the bible. when i am there they will always read a part that talks about non believers burning in hell for eternity. thats the kind of thing i cant stand
    Last edited by pzijderv; 2011-02-12 at 07:00 PM.

Deleted
    I personally believe in a higher something. this is not necessarily a god, but when i look at some of the events that happen, i'm starting to feel like there is something i could call a "cosmic surrealism", a network of connections between things both living and dead, that subtly interferes with our reality.

how do you call that? theism? atheism? i can't prove it, but it's my idea of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by pzijderv View Post
    i dont know where u guys are all from, but from the information i get about america (tv etc) there is a huge diffrence between an american christian and a dutch christian. the majority of christians in america seems to be real agressive in spreading there religion and holding it to be the only thruth in the world.
    A fine example of the media prevailing in other countries. The vast, as in VAST amount of American Christians don't try to convert people, nor do they attempt to sit atop some pedestal of morality to look down at all the non-believers.

Either obvious troll is obvious or OP is retarded. Either way this thread is fail

ag·nos·tic noun \ag-ˈnäs-tik, əg-\

Definition of AGNOSTIC

1: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

2: a person who is unwilling to commit to an opinion about something <political agnostics>
    — ag·nos·ti·cism \-tə-ˌsi-zəm\ noun

See agnostic defined for English-language learners »

Examples of AGNOSTIC

Even polytheists … were in fact tolerated, as Islamic rule spread to most of India. Only the total unbeliever—the agnostic or atheist—was beyond the pale of tolerance … —Bernard Lewis, Islam in History, 1993

Supporters of education vouchers … will love what Norman Macrae has to say on the subject. Teachers' unions and other opponents of vouchers … will deplore it. Voucher agnostics (and I include myself) might find that the proposal not only answers most doubts but also makes sense on issues they've never much thought about. —William Raspberry, Springfield (Massachusetts) Union, 14 Aug. 1987
    I call myself an agnostic. I do not really have any faith, any coherent religious faith, and yet the one thing in my life that I feel passionate and evangelical about is poetry. —Maxine Kumin, “An Interview at Interlochen,” 1977, in To Make a Prairie, 1979

[+]more[-]hide

Origin of AGNOSTIC

Greek agnōstos unknown, unknowable, from a- + gnōstos known, from gignōskein to know — more at know

First Known Use: 1869
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    Also, who said anything about teaching them a lesson? I know most of these daffy scrubs will never learn, I don't care. They can just keep getting punished for their stupidity and it will make no difference to me. It's all equally amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dekcahw View Post
    Question: Do you have mittens attached to your coat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Whysomadbrah View Post
    If you have the right gear and go online and look up max threat/healing rotation you can macro it and button smash 1 button etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Sitters*, and yes. I've read The Divine Comedy. I wouldn't call it cowardly, but then again people certainly thought differently back in Dante's day.
    People who can't pick a side suffer a fate worse than most sinners in Hell. I don't disagree with Dante, he was a wise man. That's getting off topic though, I guess.

Saying god does exist is as stupid as saying god doesn't exist because you simply don't know. You can't know. Nobody does.
    What does that make me now? I'm confused.

I feel smarter after reading this, thank you OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    People who can't pick a side suffer a fate worse than most sinners in Hell. I don't disagree with Dante, he was a wise man. That's getting off topic though, I guess.
    Except his classification is cowardice, not indecisiveness. It's not cowardly to choose not to pick a side.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    A fine example of the media prevailing in other countries. The vast, as in VAST amount of American Christians don't try to convert people, nor do they attempt to sit atop some pedestal of morality to look down at all the non-believers.
    as always, its hard to get the real information about stuff. news etc is always biased even though it shouldnt be. even science is biased, me learning about certain parts of science makes me ignorant of other parts. the biggest hurdle of science in my believes