Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Healers delima- thoughts on 10man comps choices.

So I split off to run my guild's second 10man. Not a smart idea, but have recently been doing better. Right now we have more than we need in both dps and healers.

I was curious what some of the more experienced raiders, raid leaders, and even healers takes are on healer raid comps for 10mans.

Now I know many of yall are gonna say the most skilled healers would be best, well the only really skilled one would be the holy paladin. The resto shammy, resto druid, and priest are all about even in skill.

So I was just curious for theory craft, or personal experiences purposes, what is everyone's ideal healing comp for 10mans, where you use 3 healers?

Currently, my main 10 man group runs with two resto druids and a holy paladin, and we're pushing progression faster than we did with a resto druid, a holy priest, and holy paladin. However, all of my healers are very skilled. In order to compensate for lesser skill, I would recommend Holy pally, Holy priest, and a toss up between the druid and shaman. Resto druids are very good raid healers on almost all fights, while shamans are only good raid healers on fights like Magmaw and Maloriak, where people are grouped up. If you need heroism, or if your other two healers OoM a lot, I would go with the shaman. If you don't, then take the druid. The holy priest makes Atramedes so much easier. After his Searing Flames, there is that large sound disc that is unavoidable ( I don't recall if it has an actual name...), and that often kills people who aren't above ~50k in normal modes. A priest with their CoH and PoH makes deaths less rare. A druid can do this as well, but they have to be very quick and good about their triage.

I've been running r druid, h priest, h pally it seems to work well enough. Id be curious to know wat mana tide would do instead of the r druid.

We run 2 pallys and a Holy priest. Our group seems prone to screwing up a lot on bosses we've killed, but it's never such a loss that we really suffer from it. Our near infinite mana seems to keep our group afloat untill some artificial raid killer happens. Of course I (a pally) have soloed heal the last phase of Mal with the main tank dead adds beating on everyone cause the add tank has the boss even though I was oom at the end it just shows how skill with good tools can squeeze through.

My group we are 10/12 and we run 2 resto druids and me a resto shammy. Since resto shamans are only good for their mana tide totem its pretty nice. we seem to be moving along pretty well though

Deleted
    The resto druid provides replenishment. The resto shammy provides mana tide and interrupts. Disc Priests are OP. I'd say they're all valuable, but probably usually the shammy and disc would be best.

To be honest, you probably wanna go with the healers that work better together, rather then taking them depending on there class. Me (holy pally) and a resto shammy 2 heal everything but nef and chim without any problems, so just get the 2/3 that work best together to heal and you should be right.
    (When we need 3 1 of our Spriests goes holy btw)

Healing classes can never be balanced, but the disparity becomes more apparent only if you start attempting hardmode (pal > priest > druid/shamm), and more so in 25m than in 10m. So take whoever works best with other people.