How much do i i request as a tip for a crafted item

How much do i request as a tip for a crafted item after prices for orbs and any mats i have to acquire

If it is a tip.... you don't request it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup if you ask for gold it's a fee, not a tip.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Deleted
    Indeed, tipping is a custom, but it doesn't mean people have to do it. The word you're looking for is fee. Depending on profession, difficulty in getting the recipe and so on, I'd say anything from 10g (learned from trainer) to 200g (rare drops), there are certain exceptions of course where you can expect a huge fee from, but the aforementioned are for Cata crafts.

well if they ask "how much do i tip" what is a reasonable amount?

10+ Year Old Account
    As stated, one does not request a tip. If you request any sort of payment for crafting something, it's a crafting fee. A tip is something a person gives on their own accord.

Depending on what is being crafted though, I may tip anywhere from 10-100+g. The most common things I have crafted are cut gems, and I usually tip about 15g on top of supplying my own gem. But if it's one of the rarer cuts, like the new int/crit damage meta, the tip goes up because of the rarity of the pattern. It's rare for me to have anything else crafted though because I get my enchants from a friend as well as tailor-made gear. But on the rare occasions I do have to have a non guildie make something such as a belt or boots, my tip goes up significantly, just because it's a more powerful item being made and not all tailors have them just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkweava View Post
    well if they ask "how much do i tip" what is a reasonable amount?
    To answer this question specifically, I generally just respond with "Whatever you think is fair." Often this gets me bigger tips than I'd ever charge as a fee anyways :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    To answer this question specifically, I generally just respond with "Whatever you think is fair." Often this gets me bigger tips than I'd ever charge as a fee anyways :P.
    Usually because people dont want to look like cheapskates.

first look up what a tip is and you have the answer.

I give the amount of a cata quest reward, minimum , for common recipe

But , anybody had an idea how much I should pay for crafting the vial of the sand drake ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I give the amount of a cata quest reward, minimum , for common recipe

But , anybody had an idea how much I should pay for crafting the vial of the sand drake ?
    Vial of the sands is a pain to get (the recipe) So a bit more is kinda appropriate nonetheless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most people who have the vial will have a set charge. Most often I've seen on my server is ~3k, but some will probably do it cheaper now (not a lot advertise for it, since it is so rare, but I know quite a few ppl have it so I imagine price has gone down).