Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I queue up as DPS I usually have an average wait time of 20-26 mins these days...

and its not that bad.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the queue times sometimes is a good thing, it makes me able to do the dailys between the HC pops.

The main reason as to why I don't tank in dungeons on my tanking classes is aggro, more or less, it sucks trying to tank when 3 DPS are targetting one each, and sure, I'm not the best tank, a good tank might be able to handle that, but to me I don't wanna try, I'd rather be one of the DPS, although I follow marks and such as good as I can...

Deleted
    has any other dps noticed that since the patch queue times have gone from 45+mins to 20mins? maybe more people are starting to tank!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    has any other dps noticed that since the patch queue times have gone from 45+mins to 20mins? maybe more people are starting to tank!
    Its probably due to the "HC nerf" that has meant tanks previously not confident in getting full runs with PuGs are now giving it a go. I'm sure there is a fairly large placebo effect in place helping runs be more successful too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Its probably due to the "HC nerf" that has meant tanks previously not confident in getting full runs with PuGs are now giving it a go. I'm sure there is a fairly large placebo effect in place helping runs be more successful too.
    More importantly it has to do with the fact that people finish dungeons faster. Thats why Wrath queues were about 10-15 minutes as a dungeon generally took around that time. ^_^

Part of the problem is that for a 25m raid you need 1-3 tanks for 25 people depending on the boss. for 10m you need 1-2 tanks, but for 5m you need 1. Once people start pushing the higher level raiding you often have 5-8 dps for every tank for raid instances, but need 1 tank for every 3 dps in 5mans. If the ratio stayed similar for 5mans up to 25mans it would help the issue somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by fatalaeon View Post
    or buy a que then tank leaves
    as a dps i hate when people do that >.> i waited 30 min you can too

The easiest solution to implement is to stop being a jerk to tanks and healers, they might actually bother to do heroics because they're amusing then rather than sticking to guildies only and daily only

Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic View Post
    if you queue up as a dps warrior, pala, druid or dk, youre just stupid.

get a tank spec. becuase you can. i see that too often... dps warriors crying for a tank
    Whaaat? I am a tank but sometimes I like to DPS. See this is a game, and I like to have fun.

I guess we could extend this to all DPS. Roll a toon that can tank. Your comment is plain rediculous
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2011-02-13 at 05:20 PM. Reason: iPad fail

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd succeed in achieving nothing as far as the wait times are concerned.
    Lets say each faction has:
    100 tanks
    200 healers
    1100 DPS

That would require 366.6 separate queues to fill all the DPSers. However, there is only enough tanks for 1/3rd the total, and enough healers for 2/3rd. Only 100 groups could be filled at a time.

Now, if we double it for merging factions we have:
    200 tanks
    400 healers
    2200 DPSers

Now it requires 733.3 groups to fill all the DPSers, yet still only enough tanks for less than 1/3rd of the total.

Joining the factions will double the tanks, and double the healers. Yay. But it also doubles the DPS, which means you've done absolution nothing for queue times.

Quote Originally Posted by Koryn View Post
    no.. just no...
    You think a lion is gonna help you eat your giant steak you can't finish alone? Is Paris Hilton gonna help do your laundry? Is the barrens chat ever going to stop being the barrens chat?
    Just some metaphors to explain why this idea is totally and completely wrong and would not work.

P.S. you gonna watch your mom model thongs for her wedding anniversary so your dad can have a good night or your dad a man thong for that matter?... driving the point home
    What point? o.O

On topic: Merging the factions or even realms for that matter wouldn't help. The tank/dps/healer-ratio will still be the same.
    Having 1 tank per 10 DPS or 10 tanks per 100 DPS ain't gonna change things.. -.-'
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    The easiest solution to implement is to stop being a jerk to tanks and healers, they might actually bother to do heroics because they're amusing then rather than sticking to guildies only and daily only
    As a tank it is much better now. Groups are civil and I finish 90% without an issue. But guilds do come first.

If blizz offered extra VP for tanks I would run more than my one a day.

So... the 15% LotD buff didn't help queue times?

Deleted
    Imo, Blizz made some serious mistakes with the tanking classes and the tools they have and as such a lot of tanks are not tanking heroics but running them as dps.
    As an example , how many druid tanks do you see in heroics compared to wotlk ? Same goes for the amount of tanking dk's from what i've seen.
    As a feral tank tanking randoms is a pretty stressfull 'job' now and i don't play this game for stress or to have it feel like a job so i'm queue-ing as kitty, for me all the fun tanking used to be is gone and unless that changes there will remain a lack of tanks. Also the impatients and rudeness displayed by many player towards healers and tanks is also a big factor, we don't play this game to be abused and that is happening a lot.
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2011-02-14 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic View Post
    if you queue up as a dps warrior, pala, druid or dk, youre just stupid.

get a tank spec. becuase you can. i see that too often... dps warriors crying for a tank
    You .... cannot .... be ... serious ....

EDIT : Let's take an example .... there is a warrior who likes Dpsing and is pretty good at it but sucks at tanking .... should he go tank cause you want to que for a dungeon faster? You sir, just won the award of post of the year
    Last edited by Crush; 2011-02-14 at 12:40 AM.

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Or instead of just standing still and wait for que you can always level some proffession like archeology or just try to get some epppiiiccs, thats atleast better than stnading still doing nothing. Its EVEN more fun

---------- Post added 2011-02-14 at 01:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    This is true but the part i found most fun is thaat i actualy only failed my Hcs with the guild and i always succeed when i go without them. and we are liketop 3 raid guild on the server :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkley View Post
    This is true but the part i found most fun is thaat i actualy only failed my Hcs with the guild and i always succeed when i go without them. and we are liketop 3 raid guild on the server :S
    How shit is the rest of the server? I kid, i kid, i know what you mean. The problem here is that with a guildgroup you think too easy about heriocs. Yeah they are faceroll in a good group, but guild then faceroll and pull four times more then they would in pugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Handsome Stranger View Post
    I know the fastest was to get in a group using the dungeon finder.

Roll a tank.
    This.

Roll a tank or a healer, preferably a tank. Rather than expecting someone else to do the job you dotn want to do.

Also< I refuse to tank pugs, people are arses. I just tank guild groups. Maybe if people were nicer in general, but for now I'm not inclined to sign up to get abuse from dps who are clueless.

There is no way to fix this problem. Good tanks and healers get geared by their guild faster than any other role because tanks and tank healers are the backbone of a raid. I stopped doing my random heroics one month after launch because I'm already 359 geared.

At this point the only reason for me to save VP is to sell boots, but prospecting+cutting gems is a far less stressful and more profitable way for me to make gold than dealing with 4 retards from another realm for an hour.
    Last edited by Stevoman; 2011-02-14 at 04:25 PM.