10+ Year Old Account

Holy and Holy or Holy and Disc?

Hello there
    recently, a new Priest has joined my guild's ranks, and he has also interest in raiding. Currently his spec is Holy (and he's good at it), but he wouldn't mind changing to Discipline. Now, currently we have four healers in the guild: him, a Holy Priest (me), a Holy Paladin and a Restoration Druid. We have four healers for our 10man guild, because there is usually one person who can't show up. However, I show up 95% of the time, for I am the raid leader.

Now, I was wondering, would the raid group benefit more from him if he is Discipline, or if he is Holy? As far as I know, Holy is the more versatile spec, but I am wondering if two Holy Priests is really viable for raids...

Thank you for your time.

Two holy is viable but if the paladin doesn't show up your life will be a lot easier to have one of you go disc.
    Disc bubble spam is back and very very powerful if you have the gear/mana regen mechanics (which is harder to do in 10 man).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, it does occur (too often to my liking) that the Holy Paladin doesn't sign up. So you're saying it would be healthier for our raid if he would spec into Discipline?

Quote Originally Posted by Leeuwke View Post
    Hmm, it does occur (too often to my liking) that the Holy Paladin doesn't sign up. So you're saying it would be healthier for our raid if he would spec into Discipline?
    To replace the paladin as a tank healer, yea.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to bump this, because my question is along the same line, and it seems that this one was answered.

I'm hoping to join my guild's second 10 man that will be running as they need one more healer and one more dps. Right now, I don't feel they have the optimal healing setup (2 holy paladins), but since we're all friends, I think we're going attempt to work with it. My question, I'm obviously going to need to go Holy for the strong AoE healing, and right now, my other spec is Disc (not atonement spec).

Should I get the atonement spec for certain raid fights, or will that be unnecessary with the current setup, as I'll probably just be AoE healing.
    Last edited by JustTed; 2011-02-14 at 03:56 PM.
    This passion is a plagiarism.

Atonement is kind of preference - especially with the nerf to Halfus. Holy Paladins are really op for 10s - but if you're running with 2 just go Holy for the raid heals. With your first question the 2nd priest would be better being Disc to replace a paladin for tank heals.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

With the new buffs to holy a holy priest is just as good at tank healing now. If not better because they can switch back and forth between chakra states. It is a play style and a choice to play both specs disc and holy can do either. Our ten man runs with Resto Shaman, Disc Priest, Holy Priest is our main healers.

really it comes down to situations, i noticed that on some fights all i am doing is healing during the aoe phases so I respec smite holy for those fights.