Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hi there,

Long time reader, first time poster here.

I have been searching now since the first week of 4.2 to find out if the Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor proc has a chance to make our elemental overload proc.

If anyone could shed some light on this it would make me a happy chapy indeed!

Also, since Chardev.org has yet to be updated for 4.2, i was wondering if anyone knew of a suitable replacement that is a similar site?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Pluginbaby View Post
    Hi there,

Long time reader, first time poster here.

I have been searching now since the first week of 4.2 to find out if the Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor proc has a chance to make our elemental overload proc.

If anyone could shed some light on this it would make me a happy chapy indeed!

Also, since Chardev.org has yet to be updated for 4.2, i was wondering if anyone knew of a suitable replacement that is a similar site?

Cheers
    I think it is safe to make the assumption that it does not, even though the spell has the same name, it will probably be tagged as spell 123XYZ, whereas mastery only procs off shaman spells XYZ456, ZYX456 and XYZ789.

If, however it does cause mastery procs, then this could be rediculously over powered for a shaman. Another reason why i would say no, it is not affected by our mastery. Even then, the total damage done during fight seems to be pretty low according to some friends/logs, and adding another ~75% to that would still make this trinket far from over powered.
    Ask yourself a question: 'How have I made the world a better place today?'.

If your answer isn't legitimate, or meaningful: TRY HARDER - YOU ARE FAILING AT RL!

You are the product of 200 million years of evolution. Act Like It!

Deleted
    Hello, if this isn't the right thread to ask i apologize, so would anyone help me with a auto hot key script for elemental shaman please i looked and couldn't find any and to make my own i really don't understand how to make one please can anyone help me ?

Deleted
    thank u very much

Deleted
    Moonwell Chalice or Alchemy Stone for ele ? whacha say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellermanv View Post
    Moonwell Chalice or Alchemy Stone for ele ? whacha say.
    Definitely the Chalice. Elemental shouldn't really be using Mana Potions, so a large portion of the itemization is wasted.

thx ... good guide ....

Deleted

stuck on dps for some reason

well as my title says i am stuck on dps. i whas testing my dps on dummies and whas stuck on 13.5k (elemental shaman) i do the standard rotation: totems,FS,LvB,LB,ES when 9stacks and shoot LvB when off cd and spam LB for the rest of the times. But in Hc dungeons i am doing 18k+ per boss fight easy even tho i only get the 5% buff all the time but does that 5% really means that much or am i missing/doing something horribly wrong?.
    heres my armory:battle.net /wow/ en/ character/ alakir/ Metabee/ simple .(added some spaces to the link of armory so u goto remove them).
    So if any1 could fix my problems/gimme some tips what to do would be very nice ^^ i am really stuck no idea what to do :S.

oh forgot to add i got FS 24/7 up and ES i always use whenever i can.

What 5% buff are you talking about? You provide your own 5% crit and haste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    What 5% buff are you talking about? You provide your own 5% crit and haste.
    He is presumably talking about the lfd buff for grouping with randoms. He is saying he generally has 4 people, and thus only gets a 5 percent lfd buff.

Earth Elemental consideration?

I've been talking to one of my Elemental Shaman friends and he has told me that he regularly pops his earth elemental 8-10 seconds after his Fire Elemental. I was sceptical at first, and sort of /facepalmed for not considering it myself...

I tested it on Majordomo normal 25 man and to my surprise the Earth Elemental lasted the entire 2 minute duration and did not once over-aggro on the boss, and our feral druid had no problems with tanking whie the elemental was up.

I'm surprised that so many guides overlook using this pet as it's the only earth totem that does damage... I was wondering if anyone had done theory on it's potential DPS increase and whether it too is affected by current spell power at time of use like the Fire elemental?

Yes, Ardourdan.

As a matter of fact, in every Sim you see (unless you take it out), the program uses the Earth Elemental. You technically need to use it if you want to achieve a min-max 'best' dps.

The Earth Elemental will never over-aggro the Boss.
    It doesn't do enough damage, and the boss should be taunt-immune for him.

(It's the same with DK's Army of the Dead, they will never overaggro a tank on a raidboss, too.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    As a matter of fact, in every Sim you see (unless you take it out), the program uses the Earth Elemental. You technically need to use it if you want to achieve a min-max 'best' dps.
    You serious? Earth Elemental used in rotations for damage? Why haven't I stumbled on this information before?

I presume it's never worth dropping if you're the only provider of stoneskin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    I presume it's never worth dropping if you're the only provider of stoneskin?
    That depends. Are you trying to maximize your DPS, or are you trying to buff the raid? EE isn't a lot of DPS, it works out to ~600 DPS while it's up, IIRC, and it's only up for 2 minutes.

Well both really. I always like to maximise DPS, but I wouldn't like to think I was being selfish to the tanks. I'm just not sure how significant Stoneskin is to tanks nowadays. I suppose 2 minutes out of a 6 minute fight isn't that much.

Does anyone have any solid info on the Lightning Trinket from rag? It looks like it would be really good on paper but is it worth using due to proc being low?
    Hi Sephurik

you can find some information on trinkets here concerning DMC:V, VPLC and NF and their combinations. there is a full list of available trinkets on totemspot (thanks to radux for pointing that out). as mentioned in another thread there is also a list on the official forum.

what i read about the VPLC is that it is outsimmed by NF but sims and actual data often wary a lot.
    i have both trinkets myself and have to do some testing but the feeling of VPLC is that it is not as good as i thought (or as it should?) be since it's approx 1,5-2% of your total dps. some say it gets better in BiS gear but i wonder how that could be since it does not scale with your stats...

I'm aiming to swap out my 372 T11 gloves and chest for the 378 T12 gloves and chest. However, I've simmed them and it's looking like a 600 dps downgrade to do this. Eh? I guess simcraft doesn't model the FE precisely the way we would use it on a fight (lined with procs etc).