Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    What trinket is better for Elemental? Cunning or Insignia?

Also is it better to have a H Lightning Rod or Main hand + Shield?
    The trinket question is something you really have to just sim out for yourself as we don't know your current gearing and haste levels. If you're running in mostly 410 gear you might find yourself GCD locked when insignia procs, making some of the proc wasted and making cunning a better choice. Other than that the differences between the two are minimal.

The heroic Lightning rod is a lovely item certainly close to BiS, but again we don't know enough about what your Main Hand + Shield levels are to actually give you an answer. If you're just making a wish list however I would say go for the main hand + shield combo as it's likely someone else in your raid will want the staff and not be able to use the shield as an offhand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Right now i have (44%) 2514 mastery, 2766 haste with 1755 hit and i do not have the heroic bracers, the heroic spine belt, heroic head piece and that Riven ring. Id imagine i can get to about 47% to 48% mastery with just those pieces.
    As I said, without an armory profile there's not really that much that we can say about it. if you're already reforging to mastery, it's unlikely that you'll be able to reach 50%.

Anyone have trouble with mana?

My elemental shamman is often out of mana in 5 man dungeons.

This is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rnoulli/simple

There are something wrong with my shamman?

Thank you.

It's probably your gear. If you keep up Lightning Shield and use Chain Lightning on multiple targets (I advice the glyph for 5 targets), you should see positive mana-returns. (You should also glyph Lightning Shield)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Anyone able to help me out analysing my WoL? I'm wanting to reroll from mage to shaman in my guild and looking for anything I can improve on. It wasn't my greatest gameplay due to having about 600 latency and the fact that I'm still new to Elemental. I'd also like to know if my DPS is good for my gear level, I'm doing about 3-4k less than my 395 fire mage does on the same fight.

WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=7553&e=7818
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...owman/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Anyone able to help me out analysing my WoL? I'm wanting to reroll from mage to shaman in my guild and looking for anything I can improve on. It wasn't my greatest gameplay due to having about 600 latency and the fact that I'm still new to Elemental. I'd also like to know if my DPS is good for my gear level, I'm doing about 3-4k less than my 395 fire mage does on the same fight.

WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=7553&e=7818
    You simmed out at a potential DPS of 34440 +-1534, about 5k more than you actually did on this fight (however that DPS is not really a viable target without good RNG due to Heroic Will). I haven't raided in a couple of weeks due to holiday but I have 398 equipt with Legendary and I do about 44-45k DPS on Ultraxion, so you definitely have room for improvement on both your characters.

WoL

Lava Burst - 1 non-crit Lava Burst, should always crit, 29 casts over 4:24 (264 seconds) = one every 9.103 seconds. With 0 haste and no lava surge procs it should be ~9.5 seconds, but really it should be ~8 seconds. This needs a lot of improvement

Fulmination - 15 casts with 95 Rolling Thunder procs and 0 Lightning Shield procs means one cast every 6.333 (9.333) stacks. Should be between 7-9, you missed a lot of casts by the looks

Flame Shock - 98.6% uptime. No reason not to be 100%, this caused you to lose a Lava Burst crit

Fire Totem - 44.3% Uptime on Searing Totem, 45.1% Uptime on Fire Ele means only a 89.4% uptime on Fire Totem. Some people had a higher than that uptime of Totemic Wrath so that means this number is skewed by WoL (ie it wasnt you who took the WoL). This means this number isn't accurate, but Im pretty sure you didn't have a 100% uptime on your Fire Totems

Elementals - You used Fire Ele but you didnt use Earth Ele, you should use both.

Armoury

Gems - Your simming out at 1.7796 for Mastery and 1.6741 for Haste so you should be gemming for Mastery not Haste. Drop your 20 Int 20 Haste gems for 20 Int 20 Mastery then resim yourself

Enchants - Drop the run speed enchant for flat 50 Mastery because the run speed bonus doesn't stack with the Ancestral Swiftness talent and thus all your doing is wasting 15 Mastery

Reforges - Having done the gems, if you resim yourself and Mastery is still ahead (those changes may make it so that Mastery becomes equal to Haste in which case ignore this), do the following reforges:

Shoulders - Haste > Mastery
    Cape - Haste > Mastery
    Last edited by mmoc63fa3da953; 2012-04-15 at 03:24 PM.

Deleted
    i've been doing some simming, and i've noticed that not even the BiS elemental T13 sim, with Elite skill marked, can't maintain the high standards made by Endus:

1. Totemic Wrath uptime, under "buffs". This should be 100%. 99.8% is okay. 99% is almost always not. Anything lower is very much not good. The only exception here is if you've got a Demo Lock in the raid, and he's providing Demonic Pact, since they overwrite each other. In which case, look at the combination of "Searing Totem" and "Greater Fire Elemental" uptimes; those should be 100% or very close to.
    2. Flame Shock uptime. Same as above; 100% or as close as you can manage. Anything under 100% is not good.
    3. Lava Bursts. It has an 8s cooldown, and a 1.5s base cast time. So 9.5 seconds between LvBs, without Lava Surge taken into account. Take the fight time in seconds, divide by 9.5, if you did fewer LvBs than this, you absolutely were missing procs and CDs. Also, none of these should be regular hits; any non-crits means Flame Shock wasn't on the target.
    4. Fulminations. Look at Buffs, click on "rolling thunder", look at the number of times you gained the effect. Each mana gain is also a lightning shield charge, unless you're capped, so divide this number by 6 and compare to your number of Fulminations cast. It should be close; if you got significantly more Rolling Thunders, you weren't managing shock cooldowns appropriately.
    5. Fire Elemental Totem. This should have withing a second of 2 minutes of uptime, minimum. If you've glyphed FET, then more if the fight is longer than 5 minutes. If you're in a Totemic Focus spec, 2m40s instead. The DPS it does can also be checked to ensure it was stacked with Intellect procs.
    1) the sim only manages a 97.6% uptime on the fire totems.
    2) a 99% uptime on FS
    3) LvB interval is 7.15, which is to be expected;
    4) 40 wasted LS procs.
    5) fire elemental totem uptime, after adding spent time to find fight length and multiplying that by uptime, is 120 seconds.

this is on a 500 second fight, with the default T13 profile. even the sim can't maintain the high demands that are suggested by Endus, how can normal players maintain it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    i've been doing some simming, and i've noticed that not even the BiS elemental T13 sim, with Elite skill marked, can't maintain the high standards made by Endus:

1) the sim only manages a 97.6% uptime on the fire totems.
    2) a 99% uptime on FS
    3) LvB interval is 7.15, which is to be expected;
    4) 40 wasted LS procs.
    5) fire elemental totem uptime, after adding spent time to find fight length and multiplying that by uptime, is 120 seconds.

this is on a 500 second fight, with the default T13 profile. even the sim can't maintain the high demands that are suggested by Endus, how can normal players maintain it?
    The only stuff where that's different than what we state as "ideal play" is #1 and #2. You can't avoid wasting Rolling Thunder procs, the goal is to minimize them. LvB and FET are what they should be, as you note. The other two are because the sim is mechanical and thus only as good as the programming. The 99% FS uptime isn't a problem; I say to aim for 100%, but refreshing immediately after it expires is sometimes the "right" choice and what will leave you at 99%. The Fire totem thing is because the sim is only concerned with your personal DPS, and the 10% buff from the totem being down is much reduced in actual value as a result. In practice, it should be higher priority than the sim lists it at. The priority I list is NOT identical to the sim's. There's a reason for that.

Also, you're acting as if what are set out as targets to aim for are instead minimal expectations. That's not how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkenusc View Post
    I have a question about Totemic Focus spec, I saw a few high parsing shamans with it and I was interested in trying it out

....Which heroic fights in DS is it best used on? And should you use Glyph of Fire elemental with it? If so, what glyph do you replace it with?
    To use it effectively you'll want the 2pc from T12. Ideally the heroic Chest and Legs. You'd run with FS, UL and FE glyphs on movement fights, replace UL on fights with little to no movement. You will also definitely want to stack haste as much as you can, since you won't have T13 4pc, and more lightning bolts means more chances to proc T12 2pc.

The thing about using Totemic Focus spec is that you'll need at least two Fire Elementals during the fight to make it worth it.

I haven't ran with the spec in a while but I remember Heroic Zon'ozz was a good one since the fire elemental would beat on the boss for massive damage while you ran around killing eye stalks.

It's nice for Hagara if you set it up right, as it will beat on the ice shards while you're in frost phase, and then switch back to her after it's over. Although if your dps is good enough, the fight won't last long enough to get good use of the Fire Ele.

Yorsh is a good one, long fight, and it will fire nova while the black adds are out.

The rest of the fights really depend on how fast you kill them, I wouldn't recommend it for Gunship or Spine, and probably not Madness either. As the AI is too derpy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamble View Post
    ...and probably not Madness either. As the AI is too derpy.
    As a Resto with totemic focus spec I drop the fire ele on the first platform and on phase 2. We are always done with the platform before the elemental expires and you can't take it with you. (AI is fine as far as I can tell.)

That's non-hero though, dunno how long you spend on one platform on hero

Thanks for the help analyzing my log. I took onboard some of your suggestions (haven't gotten around to reforge/regemming yet) and hopped into a LFR Ultraxion to test my DPS. I think I did a lot better with my LvB casting and I would like to ask if you can still see anything I could improve on furthur.

WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...19/?s=42&e=282
    Last edited by Glurp; 2012-04-17 at 11:37 AM.

I swear there has to be a limit to when haste is useless and mastery is the way to go, Ele shamans are strange :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swallocks View Post
    I swear there has to be a limit to when haste is useless and mastery is the way to go, Ele shamans are strange :/
    Technically there is but its not an amount of haste that is even remotely reachable. Its the point where Lightning Bolt is a 1 second cast all the time.

At 10 posts, I always assume it's a spambot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamble View Post
    To use it effectively you'll want the 2pc from T12. Ideally the heroic Chest and Legs. You'd run with FS, UL and FE glyphs on movement fights, replace UL on fights with little to no movement. You will also definitely want to stack haste as much as you can, since you won't have T13 4pc, and more lightning bolts means more chances to proc T12 2pc.

The thing about using Totemic Focus spec is that you'll need at least two Fire Elementals during the fight to make it worth it.
    Actually, Totemic Focus spec is viable even without T12 set bonus. I use it at first 5 encounters in Dragon Soul with great results, as the simcraft tells me it's better even at single-target fights, like Morchok or Ultraxion. Those 48 extra seconds of your Fire Elemental are worth it.
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

How do you fare on H-spine and H-madness with totemic focus? I suppose it works pretty well on madness (lots of AoE) - but does the AI is of any use on spine? The only thing which matters should be damage dealt to tendons, and this seems to be something totems aren't interested in.

Sidenote: I've really trouble to find a suitable use for earthquake. Yor'sahj black buff and maybe some of the adds spawned on the first four platforms come to mind... but on madness, some of the stuff tends to move (especially the blood) and all the other stuff might not stay alive long enough for EQ to be effective. And "pre-using" it on blood might buff the damage on blood - but will reduce DPS on DW. Which might be needed, too. Hard to guess if this trade is effective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TenDance View Post
    How do you fare on H-spine and H-madness with totemic focus? I suppose it works pretty well on madness (lots of AoE) - but does the AI is of any use on spine? The only thing which matters should be damage dealt to tendons, and this seems to be something totems aren't interested in.

Sidenote: I've really trouble to find a suitable use for earthquake. Yor'sahj black buff and maybe some of the adds spawned on the first four platforms come to mind... but on madness, some of the stuff tends to move (especially the blood) and all the other stuff might not stay alive long enough for EQ to be effective. And "pre-using" it on blood might buff the damage on blood - but will reduce DPS on DW. Which might be needed, too. Hard to guess if this trade is effective.
    Its OK on Madness, but I find its very derpy and sometimes gets killed by the Parasite explosion so I don't use the Totemic Focus spec or Fire Elemental Glyph. As for Spine I find the loss of Fulmination damage is too big a pain to my burst to use it tbh.

In relation to EQ, Yor'sahj is the most important one, following by Madness where you place it as they are spawning where you know your tank will take them. In p2 you can place it down between where the bloods are spawning and deathwing for them to run through as they spawn. Thirdly use it on Spine a lot. Its insanely good DPS and it stuns the bloods hugely reducing the damage the tank will take.

So the whole Glyph of LvB being better than the Glyph of LB is still true right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slikvik View Post
    So the whole Glyph of LvB being better than the Glyph of LB is still true right?
    Yes. It seems to be a glitch, where Glyph of LvB is working properly and boosts the damage of Overloads, but Glyph of LB does not, so Glyph of LvB wins out.

I realized I hadn't updated the "recommended glyphs" section regarding that, so I've amended the FAQ.

Deleted
    Hi guys, I don't normally post anything like this. But I feel I have to.

I feel that I am performing sub par on quite a few fights in HC DS at the minute. I've only been elemental a few weeks now.

Here is my armoury, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omentum/simple

And here are my logs for Ultraxion, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3404&e=3677
    I was soaking, so had to save EM for when HoT was incoming.

I feel like I could, and should be pulling more on Ultraxion. And also on Yor'sahj and Zon'ozz, although I feel pretty comfortable DPS wise on Warmaster and Morchok.
    I haven't been in for Spine/Madness yet.

But any advice at all anyone could give me would be well appreciated!

Regards,

Momentum