Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthDonut View Post
    Does no one honestly play this game for fun? It's for rep and rewards?
    Doing the same 5man instance for the 100th time isn't fun, you do it because you have to whether it's for rep, exp or loot.
    I play this game for fun, 5mans are not part of that fun once when I've done them enough to be exalted with all cata factions and gotten fully heroic geared on 2 chars..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    oh yeah, this is world of warcraft, i was completely naive to think that people have FUN in dungeons instead of doing it to only get something for themselves.
    Dungeons tend to lose their novelty (read: fun factor) after the first 10 or so times you've cleared it. At that point, the experience doesn't really change much, other than the varying degree of skill and/or gear level of the other four people.

Also I noticed your signature...congrats on your progress thus far! ^.^ Good luck on future goals!

10+ Year Old Account
    ---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 02:28 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

Rep perhaps? Yes you get more rep from heroics, but you clear normals a hell of a lot faster.
    My prot pala is at ilvl 344 an need a ton of rep since I haven't actually done any cata 5mans on that char yet so all rep I got is from questing/dailies but when I finally do get my thumb out of my ass and decide to get that rep I'll be doing it through normals and not heroics.[/QUOTE]

Umm but its just his daily, one dungeon. So the rep argument is not valid unless he runs more than one normal 85 dungeon/day

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    oh yeah, this is world of warcraft, i was completely naive to think that people have FUN in dungeons instead of doing it to only get something for themselves.
    Play a tank and pull whatever you want to
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing random instances isn't fun.... it's an adventure!!!

I never skip trash and will always politely ask if they can just clear the pack instead of trying to wall climb over it or swim down a river and all that other madness. I just know that once they start doing it, someone or something will aggro the pack eventually :P

I haaaaaaaaate people who insist on skipping bosses. Trash, ok sure. But Bosses are large chunks of points and rep. There is no reason to skip them.

Quote Originally Posted by Imtaurne View Post

Rep perhaps? Yes you get more rep from heroics, but you clear normals a hell of a lot faster.
    My prot pala is at ilvl 344 an need a ton of rep since I haven't actually done any cata 5mans on that char yet so all rep I got is from questing/dailies but when I finally do get my thumb out of my ass and decide to get that rep I'll be doing it through normals and not heroics.

Umm but its just his daily, one dungeon. So the rep argument is not valid unless he runs more than one normal 85 dungeon/day
    You broke that quote. Also, the OP made it clear that HE doesn't want to do unnecessary trash pulls. He's instead questioning why others do, which is what the post you quoted was trying to answer.

For me, the major reasons are:

a) I want the rep.
    b) I hate playing the silly games involved in skipping pulls.
    c) I'm not a fan of dying in general, and far less so of dying because somebody pulled those skipped mobs thoughtlessly while running back from a wipe or something.

I was tanking Lost City today and when we got to the market section of the instance, the gnome DK in my group starts saying, "follow me ok???" He mounted up and faced down one of the lanes, and I figured out pretty quickly what he intended to do. He didn't bother to explain to anybody though, and after repeating "follow me OK???" a couple of times he finally gunned through. Since he didn't explain it to everybody and the rest of the party assumed he was nuts, I had to attempt to round them up behind him because nobody else was mounted and able to get through that way.

So to add to the above points: If you're assuming that everybody knows how these things are done, don't.
    Last edited by rockmanxv3; 2011-02-20 at 02:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmanxv3 View Post
    So to add to the above points: If you're assuming that everybody knows how these things are done, don't.
    This basically.

I think I did at most 2 Pit of Saron runs where the group would be capable of skipping the trash on the ramp after the Ick fight. Every time someone would fail when I would explain before I pulled the boss that they all need to mount up ASAP and get up the first bit of the ramp.

[/COLOR]

My prot pala is at ilvl 344 an need a ton of rep since I haven't actually done any cata 5mans on that char yet so all rep I got is from questing/dailies but when I finally do get my thumb out of my ass and decide to get that rep I'll be doing it through normals and not heroics.

Yea, and what about the rest of the 4 guys in the dungeon? Are you sure they are just doing it for their normal daily as well?
    If 4 people want to clear it and 1 want to skip as much as possible then you clear everything.. if that's not ok with the one that wants to skip he's free to find a new group.

Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post
    When it comes to heroics, that was pretty naive of you. I can't think of too many people who do heroics for fun after being raid geared and only needing valor points.
    In Wotlk i did heroics for fun, loved em.. could do em all day. Cata heroics are just not fun. Nothing to do with it being hard or easy, its just not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Yea, and what about the rest of the 4 guys in the dungeon? Are you sure they are just doing it for their normal daily as well?
    If 4 people want to clear it and 1 want to skip as much as possible then you clear everything.. if that's not ok with the one that wants to skip he's free to find a new group.
    Ok, I hope I make myself clear, the OP from what I understand it is geared for heroics. The OP just does his daily normal, not 2, or 3 from what I understand. Which tells me it isn't about rep, It's about 140 JP and a little bit of gold. Which you could get in 2 bosses on a heroic. You all can stop posting that the OP might want rep, if it's just one, then it's not rep, if it is rep then just one is a stupid way to do it. If he's there for his 140 JP and gold, do heroics, get it a little faster, hmm 2 bosses instead of 3 or more? most deff faster 140 JP

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDonut View Post
    Does no one honestly play this game for fun? It's for rep and rewards?
    You're obviously Level 40 or something to make such a ridiculous post.

because people in normals usually dont know or they want the rep for gear

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Irritates me when people take the river route, its not actually any faster than smashing the mobs face.

ppl pathetically swimming and jumping. its moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post
    When it comes to heroics, that was pretty naive of you. I can't think of too many people who do heroics for fun after being raid geared and only needing valor points.
    i do heroics because i think they are fun.

EDIT: if you're raid geared, why would you need valor?
    Last edited by Penatar; 2011-02-20 at 03:34 PM.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Ok, I hope I make myself clear, the OP from what I understand it is geared for heroics. The OP just does his daily normal, not 2, or 3 from what I understand. Which tells me it isn't about rep, It's about 140 JP and a little bit of gold. Which you could get in 2 bosses on a heroic. You all can stop posting that the OP might want rep, if it's just one, then it's not rep, if it is rep then just one is a stupid way to do it. If he's there for his 140 JP and gold, do heroics, get it a little faster, hmm 2 bosses instead of 3 or more? most deff faster 140 JP
    We all understand that the OP is only there for his daily, doesn't change the fact that he's there with 4 other people who is probably not there for the daily and as such he's the one that has to adapt and either accept that he has to clear everything or find a group that doesnt.

You're making it clear that you don't know what the topic is about. OP does not want to know why *HE* should want to do extra pulls, he wants to know why others do. We're telling him. You're just being confused.

its faster, why not?

every dungeon i do as tank i kill everything unless it's not in my way. i'm not going to go out of my way to avoid shit tho, that's stupid. it's faster killing stuff in your path than having some mouth breather walk backwards into it a bit later.