Page 1 of 2
LastLast

difference between 10 and 25?

Hello and thanks for reading my post. My guild is planning on merging our 2-10man groups and forming a solid 25man raid group from now on. The problem is I have not stepped foot into a 25man raid since wrath hence I have questions about which bosses require 3 tanks vs. 2 etc. I have watched all the tankspot videos etc but would like to know if you can point out the major differences if any between the two sizes. My guild is currently 11/12 and should have 12/12 this week hopefully. Thanks for the help.

(please list changes if any to these bosses or put none- i.e. on 10man it requires 2 tanks and on 25man it also requires 2 tanks for example)forgive my spelling on some of the bosses names.

Magmaw-
    Omnitron-
    Maloriak-
    Atramedes-
    Chimeron-
    Nefarian-

Halfus-
    Twins-
    Council-
    Chogall
    Conclave-

you have 25 people instead of 10 so there is more room for people to fuck up and you don't have to worry about having a specific raid comp to kill a boss

Quote Originally Posted by tawney View Post
    I have watched all the tankspot videos-
    Watch them again, they explain the tank / healer situation in each.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus View Post
    you have 25 people instead of 10 so there is more room for people to fuck up and you don't have to worry about having a specific raid comp to kill a boss
    Thanks for your reply yet this is not what I'm asking. I would like to know the raid comp requirements for each boss. I know some fights are easier in 10 and or easier in 25. I need to know what to expect differently from 10 to 25.

---------- Post added 2011-02-14 at 04:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adaryn View Post
    Watch them again, they explain the tank / healer situation in each.
    Actually some do and some dont. Some are 10man videos and some are 25. If you dont wish to answer then please dont reply.

Thanks for your reply yet this is not what I'm asking. I would like to know the raid comp requirements for each boss. I know some fights are easier in 10 and or easier in 25. I need to know what to expect differently from 10 to 25.

Actually some do and some dont. Some are 10man videos and some are 25. If you dont wish to answer then please dont reply.
    thats the point,
    specifically, there is no difference

Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus View Post
    thats the point,
    specifically, there is no difference
    So what your saying is each and every boss in 25man requires the exact same amount of tanks as 10? If this is true thats not my understanding but I may be wrong.

I know some fights are easier in 10 and or easier in 25. I need to know what to expect differently from 10 to 25.[COLOR="red"]
    This is pretty much not true any way you look at it. From everything I've seen, ANY encounter is easier in a 25 man format, at least regarding Hard Modes. Most fights require you to have a very specific comp, which is made infinitely easier in a 25 man, and very difficult at times for a 10 man.

Its essentially the same for normal modes. 2 tanks / 5 healers (roughly). For hard modes though as a lot of the fights require a lot more then 2 tanks, numerous Disc Priests (lol Halfus), etc.

In regards to your specific questions regarding seemingly each boss, thats just you being lazy :P You can easily find this information by going to WoWwiki / Tankspot / etc. Each boss is different. Again though the fights (for normal mode) wont change much, if at all going from 10 to 25.

same amount of tanks are needed for every fight the only difference is that if you really want to you have the flexibility to either have an extra tank or healer with the impact of doing so being less on the raid dps but no fight requires you to do this and works best if you don't

There's no such thing as "Raid Comp" You can do any boss with any amount of whatever class an kill a boss.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    There's no such thing as "Raid Comp" You can do any boss with any amount of whatever class an kill a boss.
    Wut? By that logic, you dont need tanks, or healers if thats what classes you have. Hes not asking for specifics, as in "You need 2 Blood DKs, 3 Holy Paladins, 1 Prot Paladin" etc. Hes simply asking if you need 2+ tanks, 5+ healers, etc. Which, you should want to know regarding something like this. Your reply did nothing at all to help answer the question, other then possibly confuse him more.

Full priest raid ftw.

Raid comp is important in 10mans. If you bring no interrupters to Halfus/Council/Cho'gall/Omnitron/Maloriak/Nefarian you are asking to wipe, etc. In heroic progression sometimes having an off healer helps (read: Shadow Priest).

The basic differences are as follows:
    1. 3 tanks (25) vs 2 tanks (10): Makes the biggest difference in Halfus Heoric and Nefarian (both normal and heroic). Might make Chimaeron heroic easier as well.
    2. Margin for error: As what the posters above have mentioned. 25mans have bigger margins for error.
    3. More class options: If you have a naturally good mix you never have comp issues in 25s.
    4. Less movement space: Room sizes are similar both 10 and 25. 10s have more room to maneuver
    5. MISC Stuff: 10s are usually easier to organize and ensure everyone is doing their jobs well. The bigger the raid the more complex it is to lead and monitor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenorun View Post
    ...numerous Disc Priests (lol Halfus), etc. ...
    doesn't work anymore at least not when it's important, cause now you get the damage buff AFTER killing the dragons, not when they are pulled.

Yes 10 man is harder then 25 man, especially because you don't have that much cooldowns and a lot less setup problems.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    doesn't work anymore at least not when it's important, cause now you get the damage buff AFTER killing the dragons, not when they are pulled.

Yes 10 man is harder then 25 man, especially because you don't have that much cooldowns and a lot less setup problems.
    It kinda works still, since the buff you get after a dragon is dead is a lot more then it was previously. So its a lot less effective for the initial pull, but quite silly after a few targets are dead.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No...

Just no.

If you don't like his answer then don't bash him down. Since he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Droeslol View Post
    No...

Just no.
    definitely confirmed

@Xeno: But when the first dragon is down the boss is freeloot anyway The worst phase is the beginning. If you manage to survive till the first DRAGON (not the whelps) dies you've won Just release time warden and the raid damage goes down to something like nothing

Deleted
    10man = more room on the encounters
    25man = more room for errors

thats basically it

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    Full priest raid ftw.
    Full paladin raid is cooler, since they can actually do all the 3 roles

i would like to see a 25man only of paladins or druids.....