Page 1 of 2
LastLast

yet another idea to cut Q's for instances times down

I don't know if its been said yet but i had an idea 2 cut down the times for dungeons... just merge the factions when it comes 2 dungeons... its not gonna hurt the lore because well lets face it... how many times do we have to kill these bosses before they stay dead? and the gear isnt different on the different factions, and neither are the quests at end game.

So thats my idea flame away

PEACE
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Posted by Bashiok
    Haha, don't worry about it. It's like, three clicks for me to suspend someone. It's super duper easy.

Problem with this idea is that horde and alliance wait equally long (roughly) for a tank. It wouldn't help queue times at all because you're adding as many tanks and healers as you are dps to the queue.

The only thing that would cut down queue times would be if they make 6-man dungeons with 4 dps.
    Bringing factions together wouldnt work at all since there is no way im ever healing a gnome :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldaim View Post
    Problem with this idea is that horde and alliance wait equally long (roughly) for a tank. It wouldn't help queue times at all because you're adding as many tanks and healers as you are dps to the queue.
    This and this.

You can multiply the system as much as you like, the probability distribution will always remain the same.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viator View Post
    Bringing factions together wouldnt work at all since there is no way im ever healing a gnome :P
    Totally agree here. Shifty critters, they are.

Yeah, like the others have said, it doesn't really change anything.

I know the fastest was to get in a group using the dungeon finder.

Roll a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by The Handsome Stranger View Post
    I know the fastest was to get in a group using the dungeon finder.

Roll a tank.
    or buy a que then tank leaves

Aside from the previous statements of just increasing the numbers, it wouldn't work without a lot of effort either. Consider all those dungeons with quest NPC's in them. A lot of them are part of the horde/alliance. I'd hate to see them throw some crappy phasing in there to mess things up even more because of the NPC's.

the problem/fix

The problem: Lack of people willing to tank.

The solution: Blizzard needs to make tanking fun so more people want to do it.

The reality: Tanking will probably always be the least fun roll to play for most people.

That said, I used to tank in Vanilla, BC and Wrath. By far, Tanking now is more stressful and so not fun anymore for me. Theres really to much put on the tank and healer in cata for the roles to be a fun thing to do when you wanna relax. I used to love to tank, now, while i still do half the time, I dread it.

Simply put. Make tanking fun again and make not only tanks happy, but the dps and healers looking for tanks happy.

I disagree with Jester, tanking is funner now than it was in the previous expansions. Doing more damage and having more abilities to choose from. Seeing those big crits is always fun as a tank!

Tanks actually have a lot more responsibility than anyone else noone can carry the tank in threat (not reasonably). Dps can be carried, and with some of the dps I get in random queues, I'm glad they're dps rather than a tank, or wed never kill anything. The fact is you can fail horribly at dps and still clear instances, but if you fail at taking you won't kill anything and you won't stay in any group very long. Just my 2c

Deleted
    if you queue up as a dps warrior, pala, druid or dk, youre just stupid.

get a tank spec. becuase you can. i see that too often... dps warriors crying for a tank

Something people fail to realize is that it doesn`t matter if you merge every server, and every battlegroup, that means while there is more tanks THERE IS MORE DPS AND THE QUEUE WILL BE JUST AS LONG.

I love tanking on my Prot Warrior but I hate tanking PuGs due to amount of idiots that do what they are suppose and when you try to explain to them what to do they still don't do it. And then if the group wipes it's automatically the Tank or Healer's fault. Those are the reason for the shortage of tanks because we don't want to tolerate idiots. Don't get me wrong though I have ran PuGs with decent but that was just a handful compared to the amount of bad dps I get.

Quote Originally Posted by prodruidlol View Post
    I don't know if its been said yet but i had an idea 2 cut down the times for dungeons... just merge the factions when it comes 2 dungeons... its not gonna hurt the lore because well lets face it... how many times do we have to kill these bosses before they stay dead? and the gear isnt different on the different factions, and neither are the quests at end game.

So thats my idea flame away

PEACE
    no.. just no...
    You think a lion is gonna help you eat your giant steak you can't finish alone? Is Paris Hilton gonna help do your laundry? Is the barrens chat ever going to stop being the barrens chat?
    Just some metaphors to explain why this idea is totally and completely wrong and would not work.

P.S. you gonna watch your mom model thongs for her wedding anniversary so your dad can have a good night or your dad a man thong for that matter?... driving the point home

Tanking already is fun. You're essentially the guy driving the team and the one with the most responsibility.

However, I get my tanking fix from raiding, so I'm less inclined to tank during my downtime. Instead I take a DPS alt and just run round blowing stuff up. Its fun because I get to see big numbers, compete with others, take little AFKs with no one raging at me, practise little stunts and generally just have time to admire the graphics for once.

It is really a self-balancing equation. Queue times will increase until enough people get fed up of waiting and go tank instead. Apparently this balance is currently 20mins. Personally I'm happy queueing for 20mins if it means I can play around while doing the dungeon.

---------- Post added 2011-02-13 at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Koryn View Post
    no.. just no...
    You think a lion is gonna help you eat your giant steak you can't finish alone? Is Paris Hilton gonna help do your laundry? Is the barrens chat ever going to stop being the barrens chat?
    Just some metaphors to explain why this idea is totally and completely wrong and would not work.

P.S. you gonna watch your mom model thongs for her wedding anniversary so your dad can have a good night or your dad a man thong for that matter?... driving the point home
    Huh? Your confusing ramblings are confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexaton View Post
    I love tanking on my Prot Warrior but I hate tanking PuGs due to amount of idiots that do what they are suppose and when you try to explain to them what to do they still don't do it. And then if the group wipes it's automatically the Tank or Healer's fault. Those are the reason for the shortage of tanks because we don't want to tolerate idiots. Don't get me wrong though I have ran PuGs with decent but that was just a handful compared to the amount of bad dps I get.
    This is why I quit leveling my pally tank and rolled a rogue. dps and heals in pugs sucks 99% of the time. i get some idiot ret pally pulling aggro or a hunter being a retard or a healer who decides to go afk every three seconds.
    Last edited by curiositykilledthecat; 2011-02-13 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    i think making the groups into 6man and have 4dps is a good option, obviously buff the bosses and mobs health in dungeons, but it should speed up queue times.

---------- Post added 2011-02-13 at 04:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic View Post
    if you queue up as a dps warrior, pala, druid or dk, youre just stupid.

get a tank spec. becuase you can. i see that too often... dps warriors crying for a tank
    just becuase they can roll a tank, doesnt mean they have to tank... im dps on my DK because i dont enjoy tanking...

Quote Originally Posted by curiositykilledthecat View Post
    This is why I quit leveling my pally tank and rolled a rogue. dps and heals in pugs sucks 99% of the time. i get some idiot ret pally pulling aggor or a hunter being a retard or a healer who decides to go afk every three seconds.
    Hunters that pull make me give up. If he wants to be the one calling the shots he can roll tank. I'm not there to be abused as a meat shield. At the end of the day, I'm the one the healer blames if a pull happens before he is ready, and occasionally I like to be able to type something before the next pull happens.