Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to agree with the people stating that your melee arn't stacked close enough to the boss.

We've downed Magmaw 10 after the patch and did see pillar of flame pop up in the melee group, however, I assumed this was because one of the melee was consistantly stood behind me* and was too far out (the pillar always targeted that particular player if it didn't target our Hunter) Magmaw's hitbox seems to be pretty large meaning melee can be in range to hit him but far enough out to get the flame pillar. As it was it was a non-issue since we all ran like idiots to the other side and our DK and Hunter picked them up without incident.

*I'm healing and try and position myself toward the back of the group in case I need to cast LoD.

was in there last night and we did experience a pillar on the melee but i noticed the healer was a a bit to the side of the main group. i think its more a stacking issue as people need to ensure that they are in melee range and not just standing near him. this will be a problem for casters and healers as they can do their thing at any range.

the only other time i have seen it mess up is when no ranged were present, it dropped on the tank.

We killed Magmaw last night and did not have this issue. If the group close to Magmaw is not in melee range of him then there is a chance it will be spawned on top of the group. To prevent this we just had DPS converge back to our raid marker when Pillar was 5 seconds out. No problems at all last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skals View Post
    The flame pillar has a chance to happen under your melee, and it's always been that way. always.
    Weve had magmaw on farm since 2 weeks after cata launch and ive NEVER seen it pop under the melee
    My name is Legion, for we are many

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I read on it, and my experience in it, it will always drop near/on the largest grouping of people, minimum of 3.

It hasn't been the case for us either in both our main/alt group runs for 25/10man. We always have at least 2 melee + a tank in the melee range though and the only time Magmaw has ever casted pillar in melee group is when ranged dps died or were too close to the boss. It's weird that there are so many reports of bugs with the raids after the patch but we have yet to notice any in our encounters, nor has anyone else on our server (to my knowledge). We are currently 2/13 hm in 25 man.

lv85 Protection Paladin
    lv85 Resto Shaman

We've always killed Magmaw on 10 man with everyone but 1 person stacked up in melee range. We have had occasional Pillars but it's always been a little bit behind him indicating that it was some who wasn't quite close enough. Never seen one happen right on the edge where everyone should be stacking. Killed him again this week with no pillars on the melee.

Quote Originally Posted by bonovoxpsu View Post
    not sure if this is different for 25mans, but we have NEVER seen a pillar dropped on any melee in 10man.
    Yeah we haven't either. We 2 tank the fight for ease and the tank not taking magmaw lays the pillars. Never had an issue, even after patch. BUT that is 10 man

Killed him last night in 10m normal with me kiting as DK from range. Only one time did it spawn near the melee, and even then it looked like it was under a hunter/healer and could've been a case of me being a little too far out (I was in one of those broken patches of floor that is past the hill on the left side). 3 attempts and that only happened once and it wasn't in the actual melee area, just very close.

I will say the kiting was kind of fun. I had never done it before, so I was glad it worked out eventually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skals View Post
    The flame pillar has a chance to happen under your melee, and it's always been that way. always.
    Don't make stuff up. It means a healer or melee isn't stacked closed to the body. We've never had this happen in 25man which allows for a much higher rate of failure with stacking. When a healer who didn't want to run around didn't stack close enough (out by the spike) then we got hit.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222