Thread: Mana bar bug?

Mana bar bug?

I am a holy priest - gnome - 351 ilvl.

After the patch i have noticed a frightening thing. Sometimes when i heal i find my mana dropping from 95%ish down to 65%ish aprox 30% drop with no reason. This can happen just after casting 1 renew and a PoM on tank, going into a fight with 100% mana then casting 2 spells and looking at my bar - its down to 60%...then i look at it and its down there for a few sec then it popps up to 95%+ where i would have expected it to be.

I use Blizzards inbuildt raidframes with Clique addon.

My Q is - does anyone else have this problem?
    Is Blizz aware of it?
    Any way to fix it?

It affects the way you use CD's, plan your heals in group/raid etc.

Deleted
    I had the same yesterday.

Since patch I only did some raids and no HC. I had no trouble at the raids, but yesterday with the my 1st HC dungeon since patch I saw the same thing. Mana jumped down like crazy on some occasions. I'm in holy spec and using Grid.

I bet you're both using the Mandal of Stirring Patterns.

If so, probably what you're seeing is it proccing the +1926 INT buff, which is definitely going to have a big (if temporary) effect on your mana bar.

I see the same thing on my priest and I do not have mandel of stirring patterns.

some more information would be nice... % is not that precise, can you check the amount of mana you have before/after? cause what ContentsMayVary could be a reason (or something else with similar effect)

In my case I am at full mana I cast one or two spells and my mana drops to about 40% then when I cast another spell it goes back up to almost full.

It seems to be isolated to priest thou I play all casters and this only happens on my priest.

Well, i have about 90k mana so a 30% drop would be about 27k mana.
    I use Mandel of stirring patterns trinket, BUT this would give me 2k intellect for 10 sec. Imo this could not explain it.
    The mana drop is just to big, and it does not last for 10 sec. More like 4-5 sec.

I have payed a lot of attention to it and it happens several times during a fight, and it seems - for me at least - to drop me down 30ish % and then right back up after a few seconds. It is no question in my mind that this is a bug.

I know they had some problems with ressorce bars on the PTS before it went live.
    I think the problem is not fixed entierly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortex View Post
    I use Mandel of stirring patterns trinket, BUT this would give me 2k intellect for 10 sec. Imo this could not explain it.
    The mana drop is just to big, and it does not last for 10 sec. More like 4-5 sec.

I have payed a lot of attention to it and it happens several times during a fight, and it seems - for me at least - to drop me down 30ish % and then right back up after a few seconds. It is no question in my mind that this is a bug.

I know they had some problems with ressorce bars on the PTS before it went live.
    are you noticing those "mana drops" when Mandel of stirring patterns procs then? Because that's exactly how it should look like. Maximum mana increasing by over 30k. With 90k mana it would proc to 120k mana pool so percentage would drop to 90k/120k = 75%

Considering that everyone reports numbers they think are "accurate" I'm inclined to believe it was 25% drop for 10 sec after all
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed this yesterday when I dpsed in a heroic and enjoying the major buff we spriests got. I also saw once or twice that my mana went from 95% (cast SW:P,VP,DP) and fell to 60-65%. It was a sudden drop. I didn't pay it much attention since I didnt run oom, but I saw it happening with the corner of my eye and it seemed odd. I also have no intel proc items. It seems there might be an issue. Come to think of it I was getting oom a bit faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortex View Post

Did you not read the other posts? Mandala's proc increases your maximum mana, so yes, while it's procced your PERCENTAGE of mana compared to that massively increased max is going to decrease, then go back up once the proc ends. You're not losing any mana to any "bug".
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Its mandala. its just like DMC:Greatness at the start of wrath.

I show mana as actual numbers rather than as a %, and its adds over 30k max mana(not actual) in a raid, thats what? over a 30% increase. So if it procs on teh first cast I've got about 65-70% of my potential max mana, which will drop back down to 100% when the proc ends.

Every single person who I've seen ask about this ingame is using mandala. And everytime my mana bar shoots around, its a mandala proc, create a poweraura to track it, and pop & based mana regen cds when its up to get max use out of them.
    Last edited by mmoc90d0d3f279; 2011-02-14 at 01:40 PM.

Ok, tnx for clearing this out. I'm slow and not to bright about machanics.
    Should ofc have notised that my mana pool increases.

Ofc this was the reason.

Ill go hide and be quiet now