Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Why would I do that in survival mode when I can do it in a freemode. Also, why would I do it in minecraft when I can do it in a software made for that reason such as a lego simulator or hell, 3d studio max.

I never really got why people think it's fun to create random stuff in minecraft, and I've seen a lot on dedicated servers. It's just "Look, this thing is extremely tall/big. Look, I've used colors. Look, I've made 8 bit graphics." It's rarely impressive, I was only really impressed by the star trek spaceship model, but it turned out it was generated so.. yeah, not too cool.
    Ive never played another creative building game where you can be building your base, planning things out then your friend blows open the front of your base and hunts your ass down with a giant diamond sword while you run away screaming like a girl about your precious blocks of cobble.

Single player is bored once you get the hang of the game. Add a few mods to it specifically mo's creature mod. Multiplayer is pretty fun...i play with my friends and we create random stuffs

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Why would I do that in survival mode when I can do it in a freemode. Also, why would I do it in minecraft when I can do it in a software made for that reason such as a lego simulator or hell, 3d studio max.

I never really got why people think it's fun to create random stuff in minecraft, and I've seen a lot on dedicated servers. It's just "Look, this thing is extremely tall/big. Look, I've used colors. Look, I've made 8 bit graphics." It's rarely impressive, I was only really impressed by the star trek spaceship model, but it turned out it was generated so.. yeah, not too cool.
    Way to go, Buzz Killington.

Minecraft is the game atm, im pretty hooked on it

Got a lil server which me n mate play on now and again when were bored of standing in org :P

Fun stuff

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flying on my Celestial Steed through rainbows eating delicious rainbow coloured marmalade.
    I love Minecraft, i'm just to lazy to step away from my PS3 and double click the little piece of dirt on my desktop. Though i currently have made a mountain villa with a cellar that goes into that mountain, and in the far back there is a door that leads to a GIANT mine. I also have an incinerator, a pool of lava in a closed off room to get rid of the trash. Though i had to make my villa twice since i accidently torched my house down and it took like 5 hours of gameplay to make it but hey now it's complete and i love it.

It's a great expression of creativity. Me? I've been steadily hollowing out an entire landmass the past few months on and off, slowly but surely making a recreation of Moria. Why? I don't really know.

Pretty much every single person im friends with on my server plays minecraft.

Edit: I still say garry's mod beats this game hardcore in creativity and graphics.

Minecraft<3

Mainly because of things like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It's a great expression of creativity. Me? I've been steadily hollowing out an entire landmass the past few months on and off, slowly but surely making a recreation of Moria. Why? I don't really know.
    Last edited by Kitchlol; 2011-02-14 at 02:21 PM.
    Herring seeks your life!

I got Minecraft a couple of weeks ago and I love it. Once I got the hang of crafting (it's not very newbie friendly, you really need to look up on the Minewiki what you can build). The first night I tried to run away from a spider and failed because it was pitch black, I restarted on a new world and ended up spending the night in a partly hollowed out tree with some stone slabs blocking the entrance because I hadn't figured out I could build with dirt and sand blocks. I wandered around a bit before eventually building a tower and attached keep - not quite sure why I built it in the middle of a desert.

I started a new world and built a big farm house and tried my hand at farming. When I got bored of that (bloody animals kept trampling the crops), I built a castle on top of the tallest mountain. I got a couple of building projects right now - hollowing out the mountain beneath the castle and adding lots of lava springs to make a giant cave of DOOM.

I also explored the Netherworld a bit (on peaceful setting I might add, it's easier to build things when you can work on them in the night and not worry about gangs of creepers blowing up you and your creation, but I turned it back to normal now, it does get boring not having to look out for mobs) and built a huge tower where I popped out of the nether with a second portal (it's sort of finished, half of it is built out of dirt blocks - it's a good way to plan out buildings), and I'm planning to build a huge minecart track linking the castle to the tower and onwards (going to build a third portal).

A word for anyone who doesn't know - find some redstone and iron ore and make a compass. I once went exploring and got lost for two hours.

Deleted
    Mincecraft should be included in every pc you buy, that game has the charm for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post

this pretty much sums it up for me

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I never thought mindlessly smashing pixel boxes to build something would be so damn fun, especially with friends. It's like legos on the computer. Minecraft is one of the best examples of Graphics aren't everything. It makes it better when it was made by one guy and he struck it big with this amazing game. Notch ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a pretty nice building you have there. It would be a shame if something bad happened to it.... Ssssssssss.

Been playing for some time now, fun game lots to do.

Also http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...2680-Minecraft

Deleted
    I played it alot in the alpha version. My boyfriend got his server where his friends and my friends played.
    When they finally fixed Multiplayer survival me and a friend of mine played alot (Also had icc on farm and only raided 2 days a week so had alot of time). I had randomly buildt a house on a new continet I found and we started digging down in the earth from inside the house and found a gigatic save system. We were down there digging for days. Found a couple of mob spawner and I built water traps to auto kill the mobs that spawn and loot them without touching them. When you are really into the game you cant just stop thinking what you would build next, or wondering how big that cave you just found is.
    I love this game, but I dont want to play it alone (ITS SCARY!) so havent played it since cataclysm went live.

Edit.
    I attempted to recreate Ironforge once. After building the whole inner section and started with the outer ring (AH, Magic quarter, military quater, explorers League) I realised how big this project was and just couldnt be arsed anymore. Now I have a half ironforge inside a mountain.
    Last edited by mmocc362e14455; 2011-02-14 at 04:44 PM.

Its a great game, we should have a thread where people can post pictures/videos of their bases and worlds and stuff.

You have to set your own goals though, and some people do find this hard.

Me and a couple of friends got a server, we each made our own bases, I added tunnel connecting them, and a farm, a sugar canery, an animal spawning area, a library to mine, we then went exploring and have established an outpost across a sea.

But one of the others does seem to find it hard to do, not really expanding, or playing as much - it isn't for everyone

Creating stuff with your friends online is really fun, made a gigantic troll-face on a flat wall with pretty good detail .. Was worth the effort once you stepped back and saw it completed, then we immediately went on to our next crazy project!

Can't wait till adventure mode is implemented, gogo rpg!
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrisacc View Post
    Been playing for some time now, fun game lots to do.

Also http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...2680-Minecraft
    God I love Zero Punctuation so much.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    The yogscast videos sorta have me interested, but i need to read a bit on the forums.

Gotta say, when I'm not playing WoW, I'm playing Minecraft. I don't have the creativity to make beautiful or epic structures, but I love making self-sufficient fortresses (indoor wheat, tree, and bamboo farms, etc) and exploring the world. And considering you could generate a world 8 times the size of the earth, that's a lot to explore (though your computer would probably crash before you got that far).