Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Apellosine View Post
    oh and of course disc also has penance as a fast heal...
    Yeah, that kinda made me facepalm a little.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Aregios View Post
    Stay disc if you like the spec more than holy, it's viable for every encounter
    <3 you for this.

With the latest changes to Disc, I'd say there is little point in choosing it instead of Holy.

Holy is so clearly superior to Disc now that unless you really REALLY enjoy playing Disc without using shields much at all, then go Holy.

You don't need to spam PW: Shield as a disc to be viable.

Even Spiritus shows us that disc is one of the best tankhealers and in his talentbuild he states that you shouldn't take the talentpoints to reduce the CD on PW:Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesco View Post
    You don't need to spam PW: Shield as a disc to be viable.

Even Spiritus shows us that disc is one of the best tankhealers and in his talentbuild he states that you shouldn't take the talentpoints to reduce the CD on PW:Shield.
    Leave that to the paladins.
    Also, I'd take spiritus' advice with a grain of salt.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

The priest nerf buff nerf buff makes me not want to level mine >.>

I did. We agreed that it's up to the player to take Soul Warding or not.

But it is nice proof that there are people actually considering not taking the Soul Warding talent since it's not possible to get another PW: Shield up on the tank within the standard CD.

[Exaggeration mode]
    But if only paladins should heal the tank for whatever reason, then maybe make disc the spec that everyone thought it would be years ago: a pure DPS spec.
    [/Exaggeration mode]
    I remember doing dungeons and telling them that I'm disc, so I was expected to DPS instead of heal. LOL
    Even in TBC holy priest DPS was insane, but mana problems after 1 minute :P. So not viable for raiding. Like Kelesti said back in those times. And I agree. Just like I'm agreeing that disc's main power is in tankhealing. But raidhealing is possible as disc too, except that it's not optimal.

It's just a big hard to say "disc sucks now shields are too costly, so you have to go holy unless you wanna be laughed at". (yes, exaggerated too, but that's exactly the feeling I get from reading CMV's post)

To OP: disc is fun, holy is easy to raidheal with. But looking at your healing setup, your raid would be better off with you as a holy priest.

ps. I do calculations of my own before accepting advice of others. One of my bad habits...

It's just a big hard to say "disc sucks now shields are too costly, so you have to go holy unless you wanna be laughed at". (yes, exaggerated too, but that's exactly the feeling I get from reading CMV's post)
    I'm not saying that though. What I am saying is that if you like the Disc playstyle (using shields, basically) then you might as well go 10/31/0 Holy and (1) be able to use shields even more than in Disc (because they will be much cheaper in Holy) and (2) Get all the other advantages of the Holy spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    The priest nerf buff nerf buff makes me not want to level mine >.>
    It's not as bad as people are making out. Really.

I did. We agreed that it's up to the player to take Soul Warding or not.

But it is nice proof that there are people actually considering not taking the Soul Warding talent since it's not possible to get another PW: Shield up on the tank within the standard CD.

[Exaggeration mode]
    But if only paladins should heal the tank for whatever reason, then maybe make disc the spec that everyone thought it would be years ago: a pure DPS spec.
    [/Exaggeration mode]
    I remember doing dungeons and telling them that I'm disc, so I was expected to DPS instead of heal. LOL
    Even in TBC holy priest DPS was insane, but mana problems after 1 minute :P. So not viable for raiding. Like Kelesti said back in those times. And I agree. Just like I'm agreeing that disc's main power is in tankhealing. But raidhealing is possible as disc too, except that it's not optimal.

To OP: disc is fun, holy is easy to raidheal with. But looking at your healing setup, your raid would be better off with you as a holy priest.

ps. I do calculations of my own before accepting advice of others. One of my bad habits...
    Discipline's Main power has and never will be tank healing. It was never the goal of discipline. Yes, they are CAPABLE, but the main role of discipline is to mitigate damage on the raid as a whole. And look at paladins. They do good tank healing and raid healing. Now you think were fine because we can only fill one role: Single Target healing. And that doesnt cut it in current raids. Discipline is supposed to fill a multi-functional role of both good tank and raid healing.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to try and be very careful here since I mainly do shadow and play healer with friends and family.

I've always had a toon around with Disc as an offspec for healing. During LK, I did the bubble spam thing to the point that I was bored to tears and decided to take a look at Shadow. Well, there you go.

That said, I've still got my Disc priest although since Cataclysm came around, I completely changed how I played it so I was using PW:S only rarely and still managing to keep my groups up. This was a lot more interesting for me. And since the hotfix, I've found pretty much the same thing applies. You can still keep your group up and not be spamming PW:S constantly.

I hate generalizations but I know there were plenty of Disc priests that loved spamming bubbles and were more than mildly annoyed when that was taken away; then delighted when it came back and now SERIOUSLY annoyed that it's been removed again. So there's a lot of that on the forums.

So my friends and family guild took off into a normal last night (very casual, no heroics until later if at all) and I can honestly say that it doesn't really feel that different. I know this is not heroics/raiding and that may be an entirely different thing but I think the class is still viable, just harder now.

My two cents and I'll not argue with you if you think your mileage on this is entirely different.

Short version though is that I'm agreeing with Ferin in that it's not that bad. Really.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2011-02-18 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Memoryz View Post
    Discipline's Main power has and never will be tank healing. It was never the goal of discipline. Yes, they are CAPABLE, but the main role of discipline is to mitigate damage on the raid as a whole. And look at paladins. They do good tank healing and raid healing.
    Discipline is supposed to fill a multi-functional role of both good tank and raid healing.
    Umm... first you say that discipline's main role is to mitigate damage on the raid as a whole, not tank healing, pointing to paladins as your example of a class that is designed to do good tank healing and raid healing. Then you say discipline is supposed to be good at tank and raid healing as your differentiator? Up until Cata, paladins were very much oriented towards tank healing and were relatively weak for raid healing, and many people pigeon-holed them into a tank healing spot with similar 'that's all they'll ever be' statements, but you're affirming the point that they're now good raid healers as well. I don't think it's a far stretch to imagine that disc priests can be good tank healers (which they are, quite good) in addition to good raid support (for which they have been very good, albeit a bit short in supply of effective tools with this latest nerf).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic