15+ Year Old Account

Ads' messing up most recent posts

UHHHHHG

Attacked by ads
    Zift

This is why I run adblock here. I'm normally against blocking ads since it's how sites make money, but when the ad design is irresponsible to the point that it interferes with the site functionality or rendering (really any time an add has flash, which is TOTALLY unnecessary) there is no excuse for me to put up with it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

15+ Year Old Account
    Turn off Compatibility Mode, assuming you're using IE 8 or IE (which is where we end up with that problem). If you're using IE 7, it's time to upgrade your browser either to a newer version of IE or to one of the other excellent browser choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Revengencer View Post
    This is why I run adblock here. I'm normally against blocking ads since it's how sites make money, but when the ad design is irresponsible to the point that it interferes with the site functionality or rendering (really any time an add has flash, which is TOTALLY unnecessary) there is no excuse for me to put up with it.
    It would be pretty stupid of us to design a website such that the ads interfere with site functionality, which is why we don't. In fact, we specifically point out that there's a place for you to report bad ads (those with sound, those that play automatically, those with inappropriate content, those that are the wrong size and end up interfering with page layout, anything else I'm missing here) -- that place is right over here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orting-bad-ads

Also, see Elysia's links as to why ad revenue is important, etc etc. Ads are the way we sustain the servers to keep providing this lovely free content.