Maloriak Question

Hi there. There's a debate in my guild regarding Maloriak and I thought I would turn to the knowledgable people here for some answers.

Question #1: Do you single target dps the adds or AoE them during green phase?

Question #2: If you AoE them, do you tank Maloriak on the adds or away from them and why? Someone in guild said you can't tank him on the adds because of some type of debuff but then I saw a video where they did stack him on the adds (and successfully completed the fight), so I'm confused.

Any input is greatly appreciated as we're still figuring these things out. Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond.
    Last edited by Hugitout; 2011-02-14 at 10:21 PM.

Deleted
    Our add tank places the adds on the spot where Maloriak will land in the green phase, we nuke them down and move Maloriak out before the green phase ends. The green phase is the only phase where having adds nearby Maloriak will not give him a buff, and dps'ing both the adds and the boss is favourable (if your dps is low). So yes you can, but you don't have to if you have enough DPS. It shouldn't hurt you either way, as long as you make sure there are no adds alive and near when the phase ends.

The debuff goes away as long as the green vial is up, 15 seconds I do believe. Not to mention, if you are tanking/kiting the adds by the steps which is normal, Maloriak will run to that spot anyway during the green phase. Keep him there until the adds are dead or the green phase is over if you want the additional AoE damage. Since you shouldn't push him below his activation of P2 anyway until all 18 adds are dead, a little extra DPS usually isn't needed. It's only important to keep him away during the red and blue vial phases, otherwise because the buff caused by the adds will hit him as well, causing 20% more damage done and 20% less damage taken per stack.