Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Isn't it absolutely laughable that someone says they're leaving a game in their own website, someone randomly links it to another and people feel the urge to defend this game? If the game is so great no one here needs you to sit around and attempting to reaffirm all your beliefs, that being said you all who more often than not specifically will complain about how people don't need to say they are leaving the game can at the same time hopefully abide by the laws that frankly no one cares why you play the game either or how you think this games difficulty is in relation to past expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    Isn't it absolutely laughable that someone says they're leaving a game in their own website, someone randomly links it to another and people feel the urge to defend this game? If the game is so great no one here needs you to sit around and attempting to reaffirm all your beliefs, that being said you all who more often than not specifically will complain about how people don't need to say they are leaving the game can at the same time hopefully abide by the laws that frankly no one cares why you play the game either or how you think this games difficulty is in relation to past expansions.
    Uh, what. His opinions are objectively stupid as fuck.

I bet he's mad cause he's a holy paladin on phase 1 al'akir. PS if your group isn't bad you barely take damage there. (hint: spread the fuck out)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    hey gaiz i can solve rubiks cube its not that tough you really do just have to think. i havent even read this post yet but i will in a sec.

He's awesome! /sarcasm
    And those comments are also very good: "I didn't raid yet in cata, but you say you dont like it. So I won't even give it a try."

Why do people play this game if they only play like someone tells them to.. I just don't get it..

Not only are all you "raiders" waiting until 10 people can memorize the movement, you're all bots... Going to elitist jerks for your canned spec (which Blizzard dumbed down more for Cata.) How unfulfilling.
    Someone is doing something wrong :/

Ok, I understand from his comments that he wanted things to be harder than WotLK.
    But now that things are actually harder he gives up because it's too hard and he want it to be like WotLK again...
    Seems to me that this 'easy' content was the maximum his he could handle.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-02-15 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    "I only want to manage my mana, but I also want the fights to be easy" is all I read in his post.

So he's another bad player who can't be arsed to move during encounters. He won't be missed.
    this lol...

Deleted
    Reading that makes me think he's the kind of person that would crumble under pressure and would run around on fire if the fight didn't go to plan, I completely disagree with him, it sounds like his attitude of "quick thinking" came from wrath with unlimited mana pools and being able to recover from someone screwing up, nowadays you have to work as a team and mistakes cost you, unlike wrath thank god.

ITT: Raiding has gotten too complex for him and his guild to accomplish so he's giving up. I mean honestly trying to argue that more complex encounters is a bad thing is well... stupid. I mean he seriously tries to say that a molten core encounter is more fun, that says it all really.

Never heard of the guy...

And why are soooo many people complaining that healing is so much harder now? o.O

I think it's basically the same. Except now I don't spam two buttons, but five. And they are more situational important.
    How raiding has been with space between people, or attacks or whatever, seems just the same with me. It's not really complicated if you are a good player.

Basically, grow some skills please, and stop fucking whine... Seriously.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

10+ Year Old Account
    These people just amaze me. Rewind 5 months and you'll see them whining about how easy wrath was and how they can't wait for Cataclysm. They finally get something slightly challenging and all they do is QQ. Not everything can be a faceroll.

Deleted
    Thing is, solving a Rubik's Cube isn't difficult. I've only memorized some algorithms some guy showed me in a youtube video and muscle memory pretty much carries me all the way. Solving a 3v3 Rubik's is infinitely more simple than Warcraft is.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    WoW bloggers have most likely been giving up since beta. You act like this is new.

I personally think the most amusing part of the Rubik's cube analogy is the fact that you can actually solve a Rubik's cube with muscle memory and your eyes closed by performing an identical and repetitive series of twists.
    Anyways, watch your tone in here.

Deleted
    never heard of him but from how he sounds, i'm glad he's quitting...
    Annoying how so many people have to justify their quitting by saying that it's not cus it's hard but rather something else like they have to do stuff. Why do people have to whine when they quit? Just leave and don't tell us, most of you most likely won't be missed.

At first, I thought he was going to remind me of another cataclysm person who quit because of x reason and everyone else who decided to quit was going to use x reason. Instead this guy said the complete opposite.

His quote referring to Cataclysm, "You had to *think* to succeed, and you had to think fast.". If you think that this is Bullshit, wait till you read what else he says about Cataclysm.

"I am still supposed to be constantly moving in many heroics encounters and all raid encounters, and keeping prescribed scripted distances not just from various bad stuff but also from everybody else in the raid." Multi-tasking is tough huh?

"The main difficulty is still the jumping around, and not the tactical choices. The main raid gameplay is still wiping with the same group of people until everybody knows all the scripted moves of that specific encounter; and then move to the next encounter where you wipe again until you have all the moves for that encounter in your muscle memory." What I think is stupid is that he thought Vanilla was real strategy, it wasn't . Not only that, but he hates the fact that this game is a trial and error game. Everything is trial and error, even in real life, even when programming games. This person is insane.

I don't often be rude or mean to other people but this guys reasons are absolutely insane, especially when he claims Vanilla was where healing is at. Honestly healing is much much difficult then it ever was, I find myself multi-tasking like a mad man, watching my cooldowns, predicting who the f is going to f up and stand in fire or take some major damage like atramades fire breath, et cetera. This guy is complaining. Either he has a bad pc and bad fps to keep up or he just generally sucks .

I'm pretty sure his point is that he wants the healing to be the hardest part, rather than the situational awareness. I mean, I'm not saying you have to agree ( I don't ), but the level of ignorance coming from some people who I can only assume have at most skimmed the post is crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by LaminatedSmore View Post
    I'm pretty sure his point is that he wants the healing to be the hardest part, rather than the situational awareness. I mean, I'm not saying you have to agree ( I don't ), but the level of ignorance coming from some people who I can only assume have at most skimmed the post is crazy...
    So what makes healing so hard then? If I were to stand around in a simple patchwerk fight, using the correct healing rotation and have the healing gear to allow me to healing for 8 long minutes is hard right?

Most of us didn't skim, its a pretty short statement on why he is leaving. I am not going to judge. Many people are leaving so power to him, but his reasons just seem to perpetuate that hes just a bad player.

10+ Year Old Account

Opinions

[QUOTE=kerwyn;10450283]Uh, what. His opinions are objectively stupid as fuck.

Opinions are exactly that. Opinions. Pretty sure he doesn't give a fuck what you think about his opinion, cuz guess what? It's your OPINION.
    Last edited by Pyr; 2011-02-15 at 02:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Agreed with Laminated.

And yes, Tobold has been playing for ages and has been an active voice in the game so even if you haven't heard of him or don't agree with his opinions he's contributed more to the understanding of this (and other games) than most on these forums ever will.

Most healers I know are extremely disappointed with the expectations blizzard set and how they've yet to meet them. LK was a spamfest and Tobold's analogy to skateboarding downhill while on fire or whatever is apt. Blizz promised healers more of a triage model and even referenced vanilla in that regard -- for anyone that doesn't understand what that means that meant healers had to be more aware of what other healers where doing, when they were doing it, etc. so they could fill in with complementary heals e.g. tank would take a spike, priest would do a big heal, druid would hot, etc.

What healers have gotten instead is more of the same with Lich King in that there choices are still limited thanks to rampant aoe dmg (which was supposed to be toned down) the risk of tanks being 2 shot (which is a step up from the risk of 1 shots in LK) and further more the limitations are compounded from mana regen issues... which again many healers would be ok with if they had real choice and could use their tools and could genuinely triage instead the dmg intake levels, mana pools etc stick them in a situation where they're not just 1 button spamming anymore but 2 button spamming instead. Whooppiedo.

Yea this kid is terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I read from it was "QQ,whine whine,cry cry, where's my mommy?" Do we really need to know when some nobody quits WOW?