Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stats for spriest

Hey, I'm sure there has been a post like those before a million times but I'm just after a list of what stats are best for spriest and in order so I know what to stack, I've just come back from playing in BC and back then we used to stack SP. Is it still the same with stacking int? Or do I stack mastery? What's the deal. Thanks for the replies.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Intellect > Spirit/Hit > Haste > Crit > Mastery.

The Spirit/Hit thing has been debatable the past months, although you should be hit capped.

Shadow Priest of <YARG> of Rexxar. #74 US
    www.yetanotherraidingguild.com

As of last patch (4.0.6) i believe mastery overtook crit (just) but other than that yea thats right.
    the spirit/hit debate is kind of mute (thier both basically giving you the same thing) However i have noticed that most of my haste pieces of gear are also paired with spirit as opposed to equivelent pieces with hit that would have given me crit or mastery over haste.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkycarl View Post
    As of last patch (4.0.6) i believe mastery overtook crit (just) but other than that yea thats right.
    the spirit/hit debate is kind of mute (thier both basically giving you the same thing) However i have noticed that most of my haste pieces of gear are also paired with spirit as opposed to equivelent pieces with hit that would have given me crit or mastery over haste.
    No Mastery did not over take Crit. Also, the debate isn't over whether to go with Hit or Spirit, but that you should get hit capped or not.

regarding mastery and crit, this was the last discussion i read on it, theres some cloudyness about it and im unable to find a lve 4.0.6 post, but this post as numbers comparing ptr and live just before 4.0.6:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-Trinket-list
    the 8th post down shows the comparison, yes its done in "bis" 359 vs 372, but it shows mastery outweighing crit just. (even pre patch the difference was small)

edit:
    reading forums when half asleep isnt good for me, im actually reading your own posts lol.
    Last edited by chunkycarl; 2011-02-15 at 03:35 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those are very old numbers. For a more recent analysis check the link below:

http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=75

Quote Originally Posted by nagina View Post
    Shitty site, rather use www.shadowpriest.com if it is online for more than an hour a day
    Fixed that for you.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    *giggle* oh, the irony.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Mastery just barely overtakes Crit at BiS 372 gear, and even then they are so close that u might aswell say that at 372 gear, Mastery = Crit, but at lower gear lvls, crit is better
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    the debate isn't over whether to go with Hit or Spirit
    There was never a debate on it.
    It's 1=1 since the beginning of Cata the only debate is the healing tag on spirit items.
    If an item with spirit is better than an item with hit in primary stats and you need to get capped get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Mastery just barely overtakes Crit at BiS 372 gear, and even then they are so close that u might aswell say that at 372 gear, Mastery = Crit, but at lower gear lvls, crit is better
    No you are wrong mastery<crit at any range

No you are wrong mastery<crit at any range
    "No, u". Movement fights favors crit instead of mastery, so that increases the value of crit over mastery even more.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

www_askmrrobot_com/article/theory/shadowpriest-weights (Replace _ with . )

They determined that the weights work for all gear levels currently. Great article about it and how they figured it out.

Also, the gear optimizer at askmrrobot is pretty awesome. Give it a try.

I'm going to be really annoying and say you're ALL wrong! HAH! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT!?? Gear drops, it's RNG, just try to balance out crit/mastery. If you really get the luxury of picking and choosing which 372 pieces of gear you want, your loot rules scare me. It's like arguing over an opening rotation. Mastery wins on Patchwork style fights, crit wins on movement, haste beats you over the head with a spoon and mutters to itself about kittens. What you should REALLY be asking yourself is, does every piece of your gear have haste on it? No? WHY NOT! D: (you keep those creepy 379 Sinestra loot drops out of this!)

Also no bashing sites. None. Notta. Any site that provides information on our class should be cherished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solfire View Post
    Mastery wins on Patchwork style fights, crit wins on movement
    Have you run simcraft or you getting this from your head?
    Saying that mastery > crit on Patchwerk fights it's simply wrong.

You are near hit cap? Get INT
    You can't? Get HASTE
    You can't? Get CRIT
    You can't? Get MASTERY

Check out the link I posted above. They go into types of fights and what they found.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdlyMandingo View Post
    Check out the link I posted above. They go into types of fights and what they found.
    Stopped at the first line
    "Get hit-capped. You will not lose any DPS. Since you are human and cannot react to misses perfectly like Mr. Robot, you will probably gain DPS."

I'm raiding for 3 weeks with 14.96% and i'm missing 1-5 spells in each encounter got msbt tuned to throw me big blue sticky crit MISS messages and i re-cast if needed in less than 0.5sec

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Have you run simcraft or you getting this from your head?
    Saying that mastery > crit on Patchwerk fights it's simply wrong.

You are near hit cap? Get INT
    You can't? Get HASTE
    You can't? Get CRIT
    You can't? Get MASTERY
    http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=75 Have at it.

I'm not arguing over Int or Haste those stats are obvious and the only thing you should be considering when you're looking at an upgrade. Every piece of gear should have Int and Haste on it, so whether that upgrade is a Haste/crit or Haste/mastery doesn't matter. If it's an upgrade it will have more haste and int on it, crit and mastery are icing. ICING. If I have a blue weapon with haste/crit on it, do you honestly expect me to pass on a 356 haste/mastery upgrade?

You have bracers/back/waist and two ring slots to play with when configuring bis 372 gear. 2/3 of those slots should probably be spirit/hit pieces. So it comes down to luck, what drops first, what heroic bosses do you have on farm, what are you willing to wait for? Are you going to refuse an upgrade because you rather have heroic haste/crit belt and haste/spirit bracers? what if the bracers NEVER DROP? Will you continue to pass on the heroic haste/mastery bracers? You already won the belt, god dangit, crap now you'll have to wait for a haste/spirit ring see what you've made me do? But why do I need spirit on my rings, oh silly, well it's because I was depending on getting hit from my bracer slot but those damned heroic haste/mastery bracers kept dropping and I'm not going to let them get DE'ed by golly.

But you know what's wrong, what's REALLY wrong, YOUR DOTS KEEP FALLING OFF AND YOU SUCK. Ugh, someone had to say it. Someone really did. I know you think you're the bee's knees and that 10pp you gained from min maxing should make the sky bow down to you. You waited out for the RNG gods to bless you and got exactly the loot that was listed on some mythical BIS list. But never forget, NEVER FORGET; Your Up Time Sucks, you missed 9 MIND BLASTS that last attempt due to poor movement, you casted VT .5 seconds too soon and it MISSED from caustic slime. You keep refreshing DP at 2.5 seconds and not .5 you PUNK. YOU PUNK!!!

But that's okay, because simcraft says your gear should do 200 more DPS then mine, amiright?

(This rant is not directed at anyone, not even the person I quoted! I just thought I'd link them to my reasoning. It's more of a satire to show how SILLY it is to argue over two stats that aren't worth the hassle. I swear I'm going to make MFx6 then dots my opening rotation now! JUST TO SPITE YOU ALL)

PS: I too prefer Crit > Mastery. . . . (However that didn't stop me from bidding on a haste/mastery ring last night to replace my haste/crit ring! Yes, I went there)

PSS: I'm a little butthurt because last night Mindplague did 9 more Mind Blasts then me... !

PSSS: I was not given Valentines Day chocolate yesterday. I AM MAD.
    Last edited by Solfire; 2011-02-15 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solfire View Post
    Take a chill pill and we can discuss later if your mental situation allows it

/hugs Solfire

You can haz some of my chocolates if it makes you feel better