Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little surprised the conversation degraded so far over night. I felt my analysis of Crit and Mastery in the link I provided was sufficient to answer the question without much craziness to follow it. Is there something wrong with my method or my numbers?

Shadow Priest of <YARG> of Rexxar. #74 US
    www.yetanotherraidingguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Take a chill pill and we can discuss later if your mental situation allows it
    First off, "....." is the best summary of anything I've ever said. It's like you read the inner turmoil of my mind and could see my forehead smashing my . key over and over again. O_O Second, psychics scare me.

*Gnaws on pill* I mean, like, technically I think we actually agreed with each other. Just instead of telling them "If no Haste...Then Crit, if no Crit then Mastery" I went "WHY IS THERE NO HASTE. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING. YOU GET NO COOKIE FOR THERE IS NO HASTE. BLARGE ALL YOUR BASE ARE US." and then proceeded to cry on Arlee about the lack of chocolate while stealthily consuming their whole stash.

Actually, Newnoise's link also says Crit > Mastery in summary... I think, I think we've all been agreeing all along. O_O Question is are we giving advice to someone in greens new to the class or someone raiding heroic raids. *sage nod* I POINT MY ANGER AT YOU PEOPLE RAIDING HEROICS! ANGER AND RAGE! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

@ Newnoise. Math is too hard, I donno if you did it wrong, but aren't you thankful I've avoided posting on your forums and derailing threads?

Oh wait, no I remember, I lean towards mastery > crit during patchwork style fights (I should clarify and say patchwork style fights with good rng) because you'll have higher mindflay up time, which will give more shadow orb procs, which will keep Empowered Shadows up. (which really is the reason mastery isn't all that great, because the danged thing seems to have an 80% uptime vs they mythical 100% everyone dreams of.) All that said though, I don't have math and patchwork style fights are a myth, and ontop of it all every 3rd attempt I KNOW I'll run into a good 20 seconds with no orbs proccing. >__< Maybe I should edit my previous post to Mastery > Crit in theory otherwise Crit > Mastery. Either way you're going to have Haste/Mastery pieces in your BIS list, all you can do is hope to balance it all out.

Intellect>Hit/Spirit>Haste>Crit>Mastery

That's how I do it. That's how daddy does it. And, well, it's been workin pretty well so far.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you derailed it, I probably would have just moderated the hell out if it. I'll have more accurate numbers for that link tomorrow afternoon.

Shadow Priest of <YARG> of Rexxar. #74 US
    www.yetanotherraidingguild.com