Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A lock's role in battlegrounds?

I'm talking about Affliction here. I know we aren't meant to have high single-target damage, so what do you guys mainly do?

- DoT everything within range? (I feel like this doesn't really do any noticeable pressure like it would in arena)
    - Try to CC and DoT strategically?
    - Pick on one guy in the whole group?

And I'm talking about those moments in a BG where everybody is in one flagroom just beating the crap out of each other.

I personally run in, Howl of Terror, and start DoTting everything up ... unless there's one stray. If that's the case, I mess with that guy.

What do you guys think a Warlock's ideal job is?

Deleted
    Either kill or CC the healer.
    That is the job of every DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping pressure on key targets like: Healers, the flag carrier, pesky rogues or startrek wizards.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by robrusleg View Post
    I'm talking about Affliction here. I know we aren't meant to have high single-target damage, so what do you guys mainly do?

- DoT everything within range? (I feel like this doesn't really do any noticeable pressure like it would in arena)
    - Try to CC and DoT strategically?
    - Pick on one guy in the whole group?

And I'm talking about those moments in a BG where everybody is in one flagroom just beating the crap out of each other.

I personally run in, Howl of Terror, and start DoTting everything up ... unless there's one stray. If that's the case, I mess with that guy.

What do you guys think a Warlock's ideal job is?
    Personally, be very annoying and chain fear, dot dot dot, drain life. Win. Its usually how a lock facerolls. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless08 View Post
    Personally, be very annoying and chain fear, dot dot dot, drain life. Win. Its usually how a lock facerolls. =/
    No, it just seems that way since you're too bad to deterrence before the lock gets full dots, a haunt and several stacks of DE.

cast UA everything then do whatever the situation calls for

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    No, it just seems that way since you're too bad to deterrence before the lock gets full dots, a haunt and several stacks of DE.

cast UA everything then do whatever the situation calls for
    Lol yeah you can deter in fear, right and I'm the baddie lawl.

who said anything about a fear? pvp trinket says hi. feign says hi

glnger says gtfo

locks get to:

-be mad bananapeals for flag carriers and healers.
    -kill the focus target (rbgs)
    -kill the healers.
    I know you don't like wearing the leash, and I know I don't like holding the leash. so lets make a pact that you stay with the group this time, okay?

Funny thing is though, none of tht reduces the DR on Fear =/ sad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Try do be damage done (aka pressure) #1 while weaving in a good ammount of useful slows, fears, silences, flag capping, demo hunting what not.
    Last but not least, alot of HK's for Bloodthirsty title.

6+ million damage games are nice
    Last edited by Bakis; 2011-02-15 at 08:24 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    As affliction? Pressure/fear healers, slow/fear/dot flagcarrier. Dot dot dot dot dot. Get some damage, don't expect too much though, it's easily healed through. A million damage done and no killing blows is quite common.

As demo? Read above, you got a pet with cool abilities, Meta, and immolation aura. Hand of Guldan is awesome as well.

As destro? You're a glass canon. Not as much burst anymore, your damage doesn't compare to other classes. But combined with shadowfury, shadowflame and fear, very lethal.

By all means, don't try to solo mages/warriors/rogues/deathknights/ferals. Although i'm not sure about the last one anymore.

Destroy any and all prospects of peace between the Horde and the Alliance.
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

Spread chaos and destruction!

DoTs and CC let you apply heavy pressure to multiple targets at the same time. Take advantage of this.

Deleted
    Fear one, put felhound on most dangerous caster, haunt, 3 stacks of shadow embrace and dots up on one target, inhale and then exhale the dots on another player, that's 4 players annoyed right there ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrizzleMe View Post
    As affliction? Pressure/fear healers, slow/fear/dot flagcarrier. Dot dot dot dot dot. Get some damage, don't expect too much though, it's easily healed through. A million damage done and no killing blows is quite common.

As demo? Read above, you got a pet with cool abilities, Meta, and immolation aura. Hand of Guldan is awesome as well.

As destro? You're a glass canon. Not as much burst anymore, your damage doesn't compare to other classes. But combined with shadowfury, shadowflame and fear, very lethal.

By all means, don't try to solo mages/warriors/rogues/deathknights/ferals. Although i'm not sure about the last one anymore.
    Strange as I eat Mages for breakfast (Affliction specced)

Well, you're probably not doing rBGs in the morning. So forget about that breakfast there. (lame joke intented)

I had to chime in on this because ive been doing a lot of rated bg's since the latest patch and i have to say that being a warlock is not very exciting atm. Dots instantly dispelled, cant keep a fear on anything, pet bugs out, easily locked down with any sort of melee switch to me. Any decent team pretty much nullifies anything I do. How exciting.... On a side note i played my shadow priest the other day, at level 81 im doing 2x as much damage as my lock which is in ilev 363 ish gear. Affli ramp up sucks period. It does not work in this current pvp environment. I've been playing my lock for about 4 years and this is the worst i've seen this class. 3 specs and all are garbage in pvp. Sorry if i strayed a bit from the op but i think the previous posts covered that pretty well. Just venting inthe wrong place i guess.
    Last edited by Notnicebb; 2011-02-15 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    Just spam fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arosk View Post
    Just spam fear.
    It's just a simple interrupt now