Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best Class For Soloing Old Content?

I did a google search and an mmo-champion search but didn't find anything conclusive. What Race/Class/Spec combo do you think can solo the most old content with blues and a few epics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    When I see stuff listed for 12g99s, I buy the stuff that's listed at 13g00s instead, just to spite the guy who thinks he's outsmarting me. I kill one extra mob every 3 months to make up for my losses for doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say Pala or DK

DK without a doubt, the amount of self heals you can do is just silly.

Paladin is a bit weak on the self heal front, WoG does not heal enough and it also prevents you from using one of your primary damage abilities.

Warrior can do ok for some older content, but if you want to do wrath content where you actually take a fair amount of damage their self healing is not enough.

So yeah, DK tank spec is your best bet.
    Last edited by Beider; 2011-02-15 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    I would say Pala or DK
    I'm assuming prot pally and blood dk from those?
    When I see stuff listed for 12g99s, I buy the stuff that's listed at 13g00s instead, just to spite the guy who thinks he's outsmarting me. I kill one extra mob every 3 months to make up for my losses for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    I would say Pala or DK
    As an Enhancement Shaman, I can solo 3/4 Tempest Keep, 4/6 SSC, all of Karazan, all of Molten Core, Magtheridon, Doomwalker, etc etc. My typical run takes about 3 hours to do all of those instances and nets me close to 4k a week. I actually haven't bother to try things like 10m Naxx yet, but who knows what the future holds for me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hothgor View Post
    As an Enhancement Shaman, I can solo 3/4 Tempest Keep, 4/6 SSC, all of Karazan, all of Molten Core, Magtheridon, Doomwalker, etc etc. My typical run takes about 3 hours to do all of those instances and nets me close to 4k a week. I actually haven't bother to try things like 10m Naxx yet, but who knows what the future holds for me :P
    What's your gear like? Armory link please. =D

Old content or OOOOLLLLLLLD content?

For the latter, anything that has a fair amount of armor and can passively heal or absorb damage - preferably with solid AoE

For content such as BC/WotLK, you definitely want a Blood DK. I'm sure you've heard about the one that solo'd marrowgar. Pretty awesome stuff.
    Enforce proper spelling and grammar!

Quote Originally Posted by EllipsisGH View Post
    Old content or OOOOLLLLLLLD content?

For the latter, anything that has a fair amount of armor and can passively heal or absorb damage - preferably with solid AoE

For content such as BC/WotLK, you definitely want a Blood DK. I'm sure you've heard about the one that solo'd marrowgar. Pretty awesome stuff.
    I'm horde side, so what's the best race I could use with that? Idk if Goblin haste is worth it over WoTF or a stun/silence.

Blood DK can already solo some Heroic cata bosses, ive been in the groups to watch it happen

Well if you're going to do DK, I'd say either Tauren or Orc. Both have good racials for what you're attempting.

Otherwise, try pally tank, elemental shaman, or boomkin if you're planning one of those "pull the room" stunts (ele sham can also put out impressive single target numbers).

Don't forget that hunter and lock pets are quite capable of tanking a lot of things now. The lock is probably the best at it due to their healing abilities.
    Enforce proper spelling and grammar!

I must say that as a block capped protadin that spam WoG to keep myself alive when its needed, its not a lot of stuff killing me.
    It really depends on the fight. Some fights gives a stacking debuff on ureself that u need to get away, this can be done by bubble which is an advantage in the way of Paladin. Some fight may require dispells. Another fight were Pala wins.
    Mainly, DKs do heal a little higher and if pala want to heal, they will need to sacrifice quite a bit off damage.
    However, DKs simply just cant do certain fights due to lack of dispelling and bubble. Paladins also have the Ardent Defend which at fights also is a great advantage.

So, mainly
    Some fights DKs solo, but palas dont.
    Som fight Palas solo, but DKs dont.
    Some fights none solo, and some fight both solo.

Deleted
    Prot Pally and keep spamming WoG on him when you have the Holy Power for it.
    Blood DK while keeping as much health regen effects on CD.
    BM Hunter by keeping mend pet up using Kill Command of CD and using a tanking pet with Growl and THunderclap. If you overaggro use MD to your pet with the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnizzle Fits View Post
    Blood DK can already solo some Heroic cata bosses, ive been in the groups to watch it happen
    Yes, DKs can do that
    However, Palas do exactly the same. Ive done that.
    For instance, 1st boss in SFK have I done completely alone, by mainly not letting him heal and pop either AD or 3HoPo WoG right after aspyxiate.
    When I reach phase 2, I remove my wrecking pain using bubble, and then I can EASY out heal it using WoG.
    A DK cant do that, he will get PWNT in p2 cuz he cant reset his stacks (There is more bosses, this was an example)

Blood DK or BM Hunter.

Deleted
    Demonology Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I have to do my part for the hunter community!
    As a hunter you're able to do a fair amount of old and new content either.
    You may just have to switch speccs from time to time.

as an example of newer content there is trainwrecked who solo'd VP heroic. Quite impressive.
    Also I did some naxx 25 and solo'd marrowgar 10. But big chunks of money are just lootreaver and his friends. dinging with minimum 250 each week/boss! TBC content at it's finest ^^

€dit:
    Unless you're a clothie you should bbe able to do things solo.
    It just takes time to get into the class and sometimes just the motivation to do so!
    Captain Endriel and his fearsome crew!

My warlock mate solo's almost all tbc content on his warlock... :P

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enh Shamans are usually the first to solo most things, such as old Onyxia

Quote Originally Posted by Revivify View Post
    Enh Shamans are usually the first to solo most things, such as old Onyxia
    That was partially due to the fact that melee could hit her while she was in the air. The fixed that shortly before then revamped it for level 80.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.