Deleted

2 discs or 1 disc and 1 holy (25raid)

at the moment we have two 2 disc priests, and both really like it.
    is there a big benefit if one would go holy or doesen't it really matter ?
    i dont know much about the priest mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to weaken soul, they conflict with each-other in a ways. It would help if they are assigned tanks for their shielding priority. As far as raid benefit, holy brings guardian spirit and stronger AOE healing, but that's pretty much it. As long as other classes are picking up the slack on the AOE, I would guess you are fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yes due to Weakened Soul, if you want to go with 2 disc priest, I would suggest to assign each one of them a different part of your raid.

(Weakened Soul is a 16s debuff which is applied when someone is shielded by PW: Shield, you cannot shield again until it has wore off)

Edit:

@Lustinus, ye, 16s. My bad.
    Last edited by XenuMC; 2011-02-15 at 09:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post
    Well yes due to Weakened Soul, if you want to go with 2 disc priest, I would suggest to assign each one of them a different part of your raid.

(Weakened Soul is a 30s debuff which is applied when someone is shielded by PW: Shield, you cannot shield again until it has wore off)
    16 sec, but yeah.

Being a disc priest myself, I -hate- it when I hear "Hey, holy priest, could you go disc please?". Either assign them different 'groups' or only get one. I suggest the second.

Having 2 Disc Priests in any raid is a bad idea due to conflicting PW:S and WS. Have one of your Priests go Holy or Shadow and get another healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorow View Post
    Having 2 Disc Priests in any raid is a bad idea due to conflicting PW:S and WS. Have one of your Priests go Holy or Shadow and get another healer.
    i disagree

a single priest cant shield 25 ppl alone so having 2 disc priests is a good idea and they will assign who shields which groups

Shielding 25 people is great and all but impossible to impact unless you have a MTT, and Intervates. While PW:S is buffed, its not your only heal. Use Penance and Prayer of Healing to help with the absorb. Just shielding people left and right not only takes up time but a ton of your mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lustinus View Post
    16 sec, but yeah.
    15 sec, but yeah...
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=6788