Thread: Nitro Boosts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think of them as a get out of jail free card. Don't use them for normal movement, only use them if you are boned if you don't. That way if they fail you didn't lose anything but if they work, well, they saved your ass from being roasted.

If your a goblin and they fail, use rocket jump. Problem solved and you moved to where you want to go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
    Think of them as a get out of jail free card. Don't use them for normal movement, only use them if you are boned if you don't. That way if they fail you didn't lose anything but if they work, well, they saved your ass from being roasted.
    Exactly. This is what high-end raiders have been saying about them all along.

Like on Al'Akir, if they explode, they'll blow you over the tornado wall, and if they don't, you can run around it. Win-win situation.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by neveryevery View Post
    All the engineering belt enchants are terrible now.
    I wouldn't mind something like the frag belt, where it had no chance of failing, but was very situational.
    The invisibility is pretty useless in any context other than BGs or world pvp, no use pve. The shield is too scary to use, I don't want to risk taunting everything.

But yeah, I want my rocket boots back ): I remember people laughing when I used them every other (I forget what the name is called) Ice Explosion on Sindy, but I never died XD and no one laughed at the hunter disengaging!

I'd like to see a new cloak enchant too. The old one was pretty useful, but it requires farming Northrend stuff, but a new one with something different would be cool, like a disorient on a fairly long cool down.
    The best PvE belt enchant, if you don't want to worry about anything failing is the cardboard Assassin 77k health cardboard shield for you, saved my raid once, when our tank died on Halfus.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The biggest PWND I got from these was in 10HC Lich King months ago. Escaping from a defile, having to run around all the puddle, I activated them and fled high to the sky. Then, near the "roof" of the instance, VALKYR CAUGHT ME. Of course, nobody could do anything, I enraged and decided not to use them again. Some of my friends have the video where I appear flying up high and being caught, I don't want to see it T_T

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Not always. I've had times where I got blown up and got NO parachute.
    Yep. The Nitro Boosts are terrible. I tried them in a raid and went to the shield after dying on the first use.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Then, near the "roof" of the instance, VALKYR CAUGHT ME.
    HAAAAHAHAHA. Haha. (heehee) TY for the good laugh.

Didn't they just hotfix the cardboard assassin??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    Yep. The Nitro Boosts are terrible. I tried them in a raid and went to the shield after dying on the first use.
    I can't wait til the first time you get the 100% crit debuff :P