Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just wanted to share a bit of my experience and exitment about the resto spec...

I'm and old school BC player I've started raiding with my resto in Kharazan and have cleaned everything till cataclysm, where I've left the pve world and started PVPing with my DK.
    I've just re-joined my old raiding guild this week and with 384 ilevel gear

I'm here to talk about TC wich I was very reluctant to take as never in my shaman life would I ever consider to cast a lightning bolt, I found while leveling and gearing (without TC) that my shammy was quite weak in mana-regen I was spending a lot of time waiting for my mana bar to fill up

After spending a lot of time in the forum I decieded to take a shot at TC with a 7/2/32 spec reforging all to Mastey/crit while maintaining 1900 spirit as for haste it is just over 10% (I've got 2 haste procs which i don't like but ok ...)

Damn how powerfull am I now, I've never been more happy with the shaman spec ever, yesterday was my first DS HC and we cleaned the 4 first boss with 9 player, I was undergeared and managed to 2 heal everything without any worry at all, I know there is a huge buff and but honnestly it was really too easy and I know that I could not have done this without having TC 2/2.

Mastery is f* amazing I'm just so happy to see someone under 30% and crit him for 90K+, TC is brilliant for gameplay this adds a lot of dimension to the fights, as regen is now an active thing, I can spend my stat in other stats rather than stacking this boring spritit.
    Last edited by Rork; 2012-07-26 at 09:56 AM.

Man SLT is a such fine CD, doing H-Madness, the tank does not have any external CDs left for impale. Don't worry, its SLT to the rescue. Put it with the MT/OT and yourself are standing and voila, saved the day. The tank went down to 10% health but it quickly re-adjusted.

This strat works great if your tanks get too many tetnus stacks as well.

So here is to you SLT, you probably saved shamans in Cata.

Deleted
    What Professions are currently best for healing shammys? And which ones are looking promising for MoP? (I have 0 professions on my shammy alt and thinking about making her my main or atleast healingmain)

Deleted
    All "non-gathering" professions add the same stats on average, 80 right now (blacksmithing is an exception while there are epic gems, but that wont be at the start of mop). Engineering gives the stats on demand and tailoring as proc, everything else is static.

Engineering is good at the start of an expansion, because you can craft the epic helmets for yourself. And engineering is the most fun. Alchemy helps you save flasks (double duration).

For healing classes, avoid proccs. Especially throughput-proccs aren't that great. With mana.... usually, a procc which grants mana still works great, but it WILL procc at the beginning of a fight which will waste some of it's regen on most fights. Throughput on demand is... special. Sometimes you want it, sometimes you want a constant bonus. During Cataclysm, static Int had been the best choice for most healers, due to certain interactions with mana and manareg. And no, aligning on-use Int with Int-based manareg isn't great at all, because most of the time the throughput-part will be wasted.

This guided has helped me out some so far. I just made a shaman and I'm level 46 on her now. Finally got dual talents and tried out healing. Did good no deaths in the group even though everyone was trying to be a tank..

Are you guys using Glyph of Water Shield ? Water Shield procs ONLY for direct damage on me, or AoE dmg on raid proc it too ? Because most of DS fights we have some kind of AoE on raid (Stomps Morchok, Black Phase General, Bubles Yosaj, Eletric Storm Hagara...and all the others)...so, wondering if the +50% reactive regen from the Glyph are a good deal !

10+ Year Old Account
    use it at least on spine hc^^

looks like a heavy read, nice work, will have some work for tomorrow ;p

Quote Originally Posted by mannenabo View Post
    looks like a heavy read, nice work, will have some work for tomorrow ;p
    Unfortunately quite a bit of this is actually out of date now. It will be un-stickied soon, as I won't be updating it.

Cmon Raddy. Update it (:

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Cmon Raddy. Update it (:
    nah. I'll openly admit that I'm not really fond of the direction Restoration Shaman has gone. Luckily, I'm thrilled with how Enhancement's been shaping up.

Sticking to dps, or rerolling to monk heals?

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Sticking to dps, or rerolling to monk heals?
    Both, as a matter of fact.

Shaman will come first, though. Monk healer will just be a fun alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    nah. I'll openly admit that I'm not really fond of the direction Restoration Shaman has gone. Luckily, I'm thrilled with how Enhancement's been shaping up.
    Out of curiosity, what direction? Aside the two 3min CDs, I didnt really feel like playing any different than Cata. If anything, I would say Im not too fond of the lack of direction

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Out of curiosity, what direction? Aside the two 3min CDs, I didnt really feel like playing any different than Cata. If anything, I would say Im not too fond of the lack of direction
    I guess you could say that.

I've been a lot less vocal about some uneasy feelings I've had with the spec (not including ones I have with the class as a whole) --
    • Earth Shield and it's associated 15-18% healing buff needed to equalize us.
    • Tidal Waves - the forced interaction of spells is nice, but the haste/crit buffs are a little too static/lame for my tastes.
    • HR as a whole is useful/powerful, but I've never liked its "stand in the healing circle" bit, when we had CH to fit the stack-up heal.
    • UE was just a huge letdown. UF actually makes it somewhat better (but not ELW, of course).

There are some others but that's just off the top of my head. I'll edit when I have more than a minute.

And really they've fixed some things that really bothered me a whole bunch --
    • TC not being used for a mandatory mana regen tool (for the most part).
    • More/Better throughput CDs.
    • Improved (moderately) the defensive CD thing.

I guess you (I) could look at this as a 'grass is always greener' type of thing, but I feel our toolbox could use a good looking at. It wouldn't need a complete revamp or anything like that. But it may be time to trade in the hand saw/crank drill for some electric/motorized upgrades.
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-09-15 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I got http://chardev.org/profile/1327-MoP-Private.html for my list on BiS list.

Replace [Scroll of Revered Ancestors] for [Relic of Chi Ji] on it and it's perfect~!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it worth using UE as Resto (on CD?) in MoP? I believe it was changed from the way it worked in Cata?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. UE + UF provides a VERY good buff that justifies it's use on CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm unstickying this thread and locking it, as the expansion launches in just about a day's time, and Radux isn't going to be updating this any further.

If you want to continue discussing Resto theorycraft and stuff, the place to do that is in our new sticky MoP Resto guide, written by one of our community members, Table;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-Guide-to-MoP