Thread: Int>Spirit

Int>Spirit

Question for all you mathmaticians out there who love to crunch numbers...

At what point does stacking Int over Spirit come prevalent... Currently I have 2675 unbuffed and run Disc main spec... at what point does Spirit become less valuable than Int.. Just trying to decide for enchants and such to make sure I have Min/Max for my stats.

For raiding?

What's the raid comp?

Trinkets?

Enchants, profs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

For raiding, we have all buffs available except MTT... sometimes we have it sometimes we dont... we do 25m

Currently rocking Core of Ripeness and Darkmoon Card: Tsunami for my trinkets... I am an Tail/Enchant

EDIT: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c3%ab/advanced my armory link to help assist in questions.
    Last edited by skiiwee29; 2011-02-16 at 12:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatz View Post
    Question for all you mathmaticians out there who love to crunch numbers...

At what point does stacking Int over Spirit come prevalent... Currently I have 2675 unbuffed and run Disc main spec... at what point does Spirit become less valuable than Int.. Just trying to decide for enchants and such to make sure I have Min/Max for my stats.
    Can this be answered? It depends on your comp, the encounter and your play style.

Basically, it's rule of thumb. Are you ending the most mana-taxing encounter (for you) with mana left and perhaps not used a pot, fiend or HoH? I wasn't aware there was a point to stack Spirit over Int as a Priest, even when Holy Conc was at it's best for Holy. I gem mainly Intellect and only have one purple Int/Spi gem.

That said, I really don't know how hard shield spam in on the mana in a 25 man setting.

Really depends... some fights im more a tank healer, others its just whoever heals who.... For gemming I have all Int/Spir Int/Mstry for my Disc set

I gemmed with Int/Spirit alot because of mana concerns at the start of the Tier... while there not as bad now, I do ocassionally run into them now and then... mainly like Nef p2 and transitioning into P3... but usually I pop my Fiend and use a Pot of Concentration at start... I usually end up add tank healing.

Effectively, you should always prefer int to spirit.

Int is our best stat, period.

For mana regen purposes only during raids:

On the condition that:
    - You're a disc priest;
    - Fight lasts 480 seconds;
    - You proc rapture every 15 seconds (which is a bit tight);
    - Shadowfiend is used twice within those 480 seconds and hitting 20 times;
    - You have replenishment;
    - You had 1 tick of Hymn of Hope on yourself;

Int > spirit with values of Int smaller than 4519 (fully buffed)
    Last edited by Nesco; 2011-02-16 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    Disc priest? ALWAYS INT

Deleted
    It's difficult to tell I myself try to avoid the discussion stat vs stat but I typically go by a the socket rule.

Red: INT
    Blue: INT + Spirit
    Yellow: Int + Haste or Mastery

This way I'm not forced to stack a stat, and the socket bonus provides at least a lil' usefulness to your other stat. Since cataclysm each stat has become very beneficial and there isn't really much you can do about the "Major" stats aside from gemming and personally I don't suggest gemming any socket pure except for red ones.

Why I mentioned this is that math won't solve your actual resources of mana since each encounter isn't the other one alike depending on your content of raiding you will want to go by what Ultima mentioned as guideline to see what fits you the most. Int & Spirit are both mana regenerative stats in which Spirit is reliable and INT is dependent on your Rapture procs hence making it tricky to time the uptime of it.

So there isn't a "way" to put it's pretty much something you'll need to figure out and how you heal.

If you shield spamm ( read the discussion thread about it xD ) then it's strongly suggested to go with INT. If it's another way I'd just use both like I currently am.

I don't think there will ever be a situation where Spi overtakes Int in a 1 for 1 bases.

Deleted
    If int is available in a slot, enchant int. Gems should all be int or int+stat. You can make up more spirit by sacrificing secondary stats, you shouldn't be reducing int for more spirit.