Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Thorn's eyes were fixated upon Ulay. It was as if Thorn could see the poison slowly wearing off. Incredible, that poison was supposed to last more than half an hour. This guy had managed to shrug it off in about 5-10 minutes. An impressive feat. Even so, Thorn was quite sure that her heart stopper poison would be able to do its job. Resistant or not, as soon as that was in your system you'd need an antidote before the poison reached the heart. Else it would be goodnight.

So this troll too had decided to lay down his weapons. That sentence made Thorn stretch out wholly, clearly showing no intentions of jumping him - just yet. Moving the hands up and opening them completely, it also showed that she was currently unarmed. Lowering her hands again, Thorn gently pushed Shujaa a step back, before the undead recieved a minor amount of shivers through the spine. For some reason it made Thorn uneasy having someone that close. A feeling she couldn't remember having witnessed before. The gestures made were easy to read as; Calm down, I need a bit of space.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Tha only way ye be eatin cookies here, is if ye supply this hungry scoundrel with one," the bartender replied to the gnome.
    He then made a Strangthorn brew for Valine, a semi strong, semisweet liquor, and passed it to her.

It was clear Thorn was getting quite irritated. She pushed Shujaa away, which hurt Shujaa. It surprised her. Shujaa knew she very much disliked rejection, but she did not expect to feel so hurt when being rejected by Thorn. It disturbed Shujaa, but she accepted Thorn's will. She did not want to scare her off. She gave Thorn a long, sad look before she turned to Ulay. He was determined to still keep his distance, but Shujaa truly appreciated his effort none the less. Shujaa knew she could be pushy sometimes, but when attempting to see the situation from Ulay's point of view, it wasn't so weird after all that he did not want to sit down.

"Ulay hon, I think we be betta off speakin' so Thorn gets us. We don' want her to doubt ya an' me even more, ey?"

Shujaa let her eyes wander once more, but to cover her staring she tried reverting his attention on something else.

"Da tattoo's, dey're impressive."

"Good point, I guess."

Being a bit paranoid himself, he knew how it felt if someone talked about him in a language he did not understand. When Ulay saw how Shujaa was looking at him, a small smile escaped him. Shujaa blushed a slight bit and when she addressed his tattoos he stretched his arms a little bit, just to make his muscles a bit more prominent.

"You know dese symbols? Or are you just admirin de canvas of the art?"

The gnome chuckled as he passed the barkeeper a cookie. "I've got no problem sharing, plenty more where that came from, that is of course if this is working properly..." The gnome trailed off as he fidgeted with the cookie dispenser on his belt.

"By the way, how much does a glass of milk go for these days?" he asked as he pulled out an assortment of nuts, bolts, coins and wire all mixed together. As he shifted through them he turned to the blood elf sitting at the bar, "So, you appear to be a blood elf, what's that like? I've personally only ever been a gnome, well except that one time I was a chicken, let me tell you that is unpleas—" He noticed he was rambling and stopped himself. "Yes, right, blood elf." He smiled at the blood elf anxiously awaiting a response.
    To be the hero is all I'll ask.
    RP Character Bio: Zook || Albert "Al" Fletcher Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    A giant man bent over and walked the short door frame. Carrying to large axes on his waist and wearing half plate armor you might think he was preparing for a fight. Hmmm....Ryan said he would be here.. Richard walked over to the bar and sat down. A few trolls and a forsaken by the smell of the room, he looked up and down the bar and saw a few blood elfs and a gnome. Heh those tinkerers are always a great source of amusement, Richard then noticed the Ethereal still in his protective feild, Hmmm....wonder if he is a trader. Been meaning to pick up something for Marie's birthday. Doesn't she like those robes the goats make?

"Barkeep! You don't have any Dwarven Stout do you?"

Looking around further he saw the signs of a recent bar fight. Blast! I always miss the fun...maybe I'll start some of my own before long. Ha!

Shujaa knew when a man was showing off. She noticed how Ulay stretched his arms a little bit. Shujaa could swear he looked a little bit proud when he spoke. Despite the tension in the air around them, she could not help herself. She smirked subtly before she responded to Ulay's cocky comment.

"I'd be lyin' if I'd say I din' admire da canvas. I've not seen 'em before but...I wan' da private lecture an' tour one day."

Shujaa glanced at the bar. She was very thirsty again and needed another drink. She turned quickly to Thorn again and gave her a soft look very different from the one she had given Ulay.

"Thorn hon, ya' wanna go with me an' buy som drinks for us? My moneh."
    Last edited by dubbelbasse; 2011-06-01 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    " A glass of milk be cheap matey, only a few copper," he replied to the gnome.
    "We be havin Dwarven Stout at all manner of tha day,"he said to the large man.

Deleted
    Thorn nodded, giving sign to Shujaa - lead the way. It wasn't as if she understood the trolls conversation at all. It was about a subject Thorn couldn't relate to in any way or shape. Therefore she was quite keen at ignoring it more or less completely. Thorn's attention had therefore been turned to fiddling with her gloves. It was quite an appreciative change getting to move away from the scenery she had been forced into. Rising up, Thorn followed Shujaa.

Fishing into her pockets, Thorn found out a pouch, that clearly couldn't be hears. Stretching out her hand, she dropped the pouch, expecting Shujaa to grab it. If nothing else, Thorn could at least drink herself from anything called sense. Maybe tomorrow both Ulay and Shujaa would be gone, and she could go on about her business?

10+ Year Old Account
    Richard dropped a few gold pieces on the bar and said, "Good. Give me as many cases as that will buy and keep them at the ready."

"Now lets see if there are any good games going on." Picking up the mug he left his stool to explore the bar.

Shujaa might be unsober but she was not particularly drunk anymore. She caught the pouch without any effort and rolled it around a bit in her hands.

"Awrite, so ya'r really gonna buy me a drink dis time? Well, not very sure it is ya moneh hon, but it's not mine."

Shujaa laughed and ordered the drink. She knew by now what everyone preferred to drink, and got them precisely what they wanted. Learning what people liked to drunk was quite important knowledge for Shujaa. As they walked back, she was afraid to touch Thorn. Thorn had rejected her once, and she was not ready to be dismissed like that again. It made Shujaa upset though, it felt almost as if Thorn had taken a bit of offense from her embrace. Shujaa glanced at Thorn at the corner of her eye. She had no idea what to say to her. For once, Shujaa was actually speechless. It felt awkward walking back.

Once they sat down again, Shujaa handed the frog venom to Ulay. She had made sure Thorn did not carry his drink back. Shujaa did not want to cause any more suspicion amongst her company for the night. She took a modest sip of her drink, rolling the liquid around in her mouth for a bit before swallowing it. Shujaa immediately felt better about the situation.

"Thorn, my dear, can ya please tell Ulay what'cha told me about ya attack on him?"

She offered Thorn an encouraging smile.

Deleted
    Following up to the bar, Thorn only carried down her own drink. This time ordered in a glass twice as big as the old one. It was clear Thorn wanted to knock herself out. Probably having a bit of trouble with fitting it all into her head at once. Thorn had loosened up enough to not pay much attention to what Shujaa was doing. In fact, Thorn wasn't watching the troll at all as they walked back to their table - back to Ulay.

Shujaa made a request, and even though Thorn was unhappy to draw the same note once again she'd... Looking at the note it became clear that she had run out of paper to write on. Sighing lowly, Thorn started doing gestures. First the undead pointed at Ulay, then she made a gesture that quite likely could resemble violence, by hitting her left open hand with the right hand formed as a fist. Following that, Thorn pointed at Shujaa, moved a finger up and moved it from side to side while shaking her head, clearly stating 'No go.'

"So you think I intended to hurt or kill poor Shujaa do ya? I did not. You understand if I say t'was a kind of training? We would ave stopped before someone was hurt"

Ulay understood that Thorn had a grasp of what feelings were somehow, but it was buried under her conditioning to kill. Maybe if he used as many hunting and fighting terms as he could, she would understand.

Shujaa nodded while Ulay spoke. She watched Thorn's face closely the whole time, trying to anticipate any reaction from her. When Ulay was finished, Shujaa thought he had explained it very well.

"So ya see Thorn, dat was only a game. No one 'ere wanna hurt da other."

Shujaa turned her attention for a moment to Ulay. Perhaps it was worth another try.

"If ya come closer we can 'ave a toast, to patchin' up."

Shujaa raised her drink and smiled, ready to gulp the whole thing down regardless of what Ulay would do next.

Deleted
    Thorn seemed to listen at least. Even if it was quite strange for complete strangers to start training with each other, the important thing for Thorn to understand was that Ulay had never attempted to hurt Shujaa or herself. Which was a most satisfying fact. Lifting the glas, Thorn took quite a deep sip. As she sat the drink back down, Thorn lifted her right hand and gave a slight thumbs up to Ulay.

Following Shujaa's example, Thorn raised her glass. Obviously it was quite a bit larger, but she might be biting the drink in two instead of taking the entirety at once.

Ulay smiled. If Thorn would have understood the situation completely, she would likely have given another sign.
    The hunter came closer and took a seat on their table.

"See she approves of our trainin'."

He said while he looked into Shujaa's eyes. Then he turned towards Thorn.

"So we are good?"

He said while he lifted his drink.

Shujaa was so pleased with herself when Ulay sat down she was already celebrating. She put her right hand on the table, resting it far away from her body, and reached slightly for Ulay. She returned his look with a pleased look. It seemed Shujaa's night was truly working out well. She drank her entire drink down before Thorn had a chance to respond.

Deleted
    A low nod went towards Ulay, before Thorn turned buttoms-up on the glass she had been drinking of. The mouthful was a slight bit much, yet Thorn ended up being capable of downing the drink. This caused her to surpress a slight burp. Shaking her head slightly, Thorn looked a bit at Ulay, then back to Shujaa. This was far too strange, but it wouldn't be long till Thorn wouldn't be remembering anything anyway...

Thorn was not going to be taking it easy, that was clear. Her entire drink was devoured in one sweep, and she now looked very hazy and almost a bit sick to her stomach. Shujaa began to worry. While Thorn might be a artificial life form, she was still only a child in Shujaa's eyes. She had nowhere to go, and probably no friends except her and Ulay. Shujaa never cared much for where her drinking partners went when the bar closed, but now she actually did. Shujaa leaned in closely to Thorn and whispered quietly, making sure what she was about to say stayed between them two.

"Thorn, whatcha up to after dis? Where ya gonna go?"

Deleted
    Thorn sorta looked somewhat fuzzily at Shujaa. Then, for the first time, the faintest smile ever achiveable seemed to appear on her lips. Or was that actually a smile? It was hard to tell, yet it seemed Thorn was satisfied with the position she was in. Thorn raised the empty glass, confirming that it was empty. As the question reached across to Thorn, Thorn merely held a finger in front of her mouth as if asking Shujaa to be quiet. Blinking slightly, Thorn supressed another burp, before sorta leaning forward and laying on the table, knocking anything in her vicinity on the floor.