Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "you can have a sit priest" Ronald said, planning to keep an eye on the priest, knowing full well what they feel towards undead, unless they are so themselves.

Lethean watched the priest closely out of the corner of his eye, not wanting to let the young human out of his sight. He could tell Neyira was similar in her observation of the priest.
    The Light isn't something I care for any more, but neither does that mean I should turn my back fully to it. I've made that mistake before, and I don't plan on doing it again, he thought to himself, cautious.
    "What might your name be?" Neyira asked in a soft tone, her voice quiet, still accompanied by the cold echo. Her icy blue eyes met the priest's, and Lethean could tell she was curious. He placed a hand warningly on her leg, underneath the table, the movement subtle.
    "I would be careful if I were you," he whispered to her, keeping both Ronald and the priest in his vision.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "i'm Jonas" the priest replied in a soft tone, "and who might you guys be?"

"Ronald here" the hunter said in a cautios tone, not wanting to let the priest or death knights out of his sight, in case either of them would do something stupid

"I'm Neyira," the night elf replied, not smiling, but neither hostile. Lethean sensed a curiosity from her; one that he hadn't seen in a long time.
    Now it was his turn to be the one to disagree with the other's course of action. "I don't think we should stay here any longer," he whispered to Neyira.
    She barely tilted her head in his direction. "Maybe not; but at least we can discover a weakness. Fighting paladins and priests would be a lot easier if we knew where they were weakest."
    He nodded thoughtfully. "True." He mulled over it for a second, then said, "All right. We'll stay for a while, and talk with him. When we feel we've taken enough information, we'll leave. But I'm not done with that hunter; I'll get what I want from him one way or another."
    Neyira nodded, and Lethean turned to speak with Jonas. "I'm Lethean Darkfury. A pleasure to meet you, human." he said, all courtesy. Underneath the veil of manners lied a darker soul than he portrayed.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

A tall, lithe figure slips into the door way, making her way to a vacant table near the bar. Her faithful frostsaber, Resan, took a seat outside the entrance to the Inn, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. The figure, now revealed as a night elf in the lighting, sat down in a chair, her bow protruding over her right shoulder. She took a glance over at the priest, who she overheard as "Jonas", and his company, wondering what they're talking about. She shrugs to herself and orders a small glass of water for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ronald whispered to the remaining part at his table "that night elf is listening in on our discussion if you want to know", taking a drink afterwards, knowing a hunter or huntress would be able to hear it from that distance.

Jonas looked friendly at the hunter, "you can come over and sit if you want" hoping for some more lively people at the table. Ronald wasn't all that keen on having more strangers at the table, but pretended not to care, feeding his wolf a little slab of meat.

She hesitates for a moment, not sure what to do, but then gives in to her natural curiosity. She slips out of her chair and strides over to the friendly priest's table, taking a seat that has no one sitting on either side of her. She takes a small sip of her water, clears her throat quietly, and introduces her self when there is a lull in the conversation, "Ishnu'ala, friend. My name is Asenya Straightarrow, from Darnassus..." She awkwardly trails off, not sure of how much she should reveal to her new acquaintances. She shyly plays with the end of her braid as she tries to decipher what they're talking about, knowing very little about all this death knight business.
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

10+ Year Old Account
    "i'm Jonas, from Stormwind. or rather, the Cathedral there." the priest said, eager to strike a conversation not involving the dead people. "Ronal, Undercity" said the hunter in about as unwelcoming tone as possible. keeping an eye on everyone at the table at once while drinking his wine, he made sure to send the huntress and priest some mean looks every now and then

She cast a glance to the surly undead, frowning a bit because of his unnecessary rudeness, but then turns her attention to the much more pleasant priest, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Jonas. I've never been to Stormwind...in fact, this is my first time out of Darnassus. I flew to a goblin town..Ratchet I think? and then took the boat over to here. This is quite a different place compared to there. It's a lot louder, bolder... more sinister in some places, with silly little green men running all over. The boat ride here was refreshing though! I was sure I was going to get seasick, but the fresh sea air and the gentle crashing of the waves on the boat made it peaceful. I wonder..." She suddenly stops, aware she is babbling. She quickly takes a drink of water to hide her embarassment.

Lethean noticed Ronald's hostility, unsure what it was for, but he himself was curious. "Lethean Darkfury, death knight," he said, trying to seem as friendly as possible.
    Neyira brightened considerably at the newcomer. Finally, she thought. Another night elf. "Neyira; pleased to meet you." The female night elf death knight bowed her head shortly. Lethean looked at her, but decided that he could ask questions later. He simply shrugged, and focused his gaze back on Jonas.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jonas looked Asenya, "no need to be ashamed, we all have flaws, and some are less annoying than others. talking being one of the least annoying flaws i know of" he said as he drank some more water. "but you" he turned to Ronald, "be more friendly, there is no reason to be hostile towards her".

"there isn't a reason to be friendly towards her either." Ronald replied as he drank some more of his wine

Lethean and Neyira stayed silent during Jonas and Ronald's exchange, though she felt that saying something would have been appropriate, Lethean placed a hand on her leg cautiously.
    "Don't say a word unless you're spoken to," he whispered to her in warning. "Who knows what kind of attention we could attract to ourselves. Especially concerning the priest."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

((I had to change my history for Asenya. Instead of being from Darnassus, she is now from Feralas, the rest of the story holds true))

She resist the urge to scowl at the fowl undead, instead opting to, once again, give in to her curiosity "To be honest, I've never really encountered an undead before. Are they all upset? What's making you so mad?" She then turns to Ronald, "So how long have you been a priest? Is there a huge library in Stormwind? My father often traveled there to get all sorts of stories for my mother and me..." She trails off, reminiscing.

After a brief pause, she can no longer resist the temptation and looks at the Death Knights sitting near her, wondering what their story is about, and why the female looks so tense, responding to their introductions, "Elune-adore, Neyira, Lethean. I wasn't expecting to see a night elf here!" Her heart swells with the thought of making her first new friend.
    Last edited by Jordaen; 2012-06-16 at 05:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ronald looked at Asenya, "personal preference i guess.. i have a thing against elfs, the Death knights i can tolerate because they're dead"
    Jonas looked at Ronald with a sad look in his eye, then returned to Asenya "i've grown up in an Abbey, i was left there when i was but a baby, so all my life i suppose. the Library in the Cathedral is rather decent if i am to say so myself, there's plenty of books for anyone willing to learn some more."

"Oh...well I can't argue with that, I suppose, though I wish you wouldn't be so quick to judge me," she responds to Ronald's reasoning before bombarding Jonas with a few more questions, "What do you do with your skills? Do you heal in battle, or do you study and teach others? What can you tell me of the current news? I've been in Feralas for the past 120 years and my father never shared stories of the people on this continent...I'm so curious!" She sips on her water, as Resan, her frostsaber, stalks into the room quietly and sits beside his master, nudging her leg ever so gently to show that he's hungry. She orders a rare steak and sets it on the floor for him to eat, giving him a loving pet on behind the ears.

Lethean, while still cautious, felt some satisfaction at seeing Neyira so happy for the first time in years.
    "Ishnu-alah," Neyira replied, inclining her head. "A surprise to me as well, young huntress. And, as the priest said, Stormwind City has an enormous library, filled with thousands upon thousands of books and old scrolls. If you wish to gain more knowledge of our world, then there is no better place indeed."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

She beams at Neyira, still petting Resan, and asks her a few questions as well before Jonas can answer, "Perhaps one day I can make it all the way up to Stormwind. Right now, though, Booty bay is beautiful in it's own way. The goblins will take a while to get used too. They're so short I'm afraid I'll step on one..." She smirks at the thought, the proceeds, "So, if you don't mind me asking, what were you talking about when I came in? Something about Arthas and your killers and all that?"

Lethean looked uncomfortable. "Something like that," he murmured softly. "It pains us more than you think to speak of it, but we have our reasons sometimes."
    "Such as before," Neyira said, finishing what he had not. "But Leth merely asked Ronald a question, really." She paused, gesturing around her with her left hand. "Stranglethorn is quite beautiful. It's unfortunate everybody is so busy fighting each other - the Horde and the Alliance, mainly - to recognize this."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

She flushes slightly, "Oh uh...sorry to bring up a sensitive subject," she appologizes to Lethean. Returning her attention to Neyira, "It is. I wonder if Resan will get along with the other cats here. He's usually pretty friendly." Her cat gives a content yawn at the compliment and lays down under her feet. After taking her last sip of water, she orders something a bit stronger from the bar, a Darnassian Ale. While she waits for it's arrival, she asks Neyira another question, "So what are you and Lethean doing here?"

Lethean shrugged, as if to wave off the apology. "No need." He turned back to Ronald and leaned over the table, speaking quietly to him while Neyira spoke with Asenya.
    Neyira gazed at Resan. "He's a beautiful animal. I used to always feel at home with them; when I was younger, before . . . well." She looked down at herself, her mood saddening before she returned her eyes to meet Asenya's. "Before this. My father took in wounded animals all the time. We used to watch over this nightsaber and her six cubs. I'd always play with them and talk to them, and sometimes they would sleep with me at night, when I was alone." Neyira sat silently, old memories resurfacing and bringing remorse to her mood as she thought of them, lowering her gaze.
    Pyromaniac protégé.