Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm Velexis, the night elf is-" Levi cut her off, "I can introduce myself just fine, thank you very much. I'm Levi," Velexis gave a small sigh, "well so now you can." Levi ignored her snarky comment, and turned to Darren, "pleasure to make your acquaintance Darren. From your clothes you look like you have a fair bit of dealings with the Kirin Tor?" Velexis whispered "and straight to business" and shook her head slightly.

Darren noticed the two were muttering to one another under their breaths, but he didn't care. Life is but a farce without secrets. "Indeed, a pleasure it is." He nodded towards Levi. "In answer to your question, my friend; yes, I am a wizard of the Kirin Tor, though not in high stature. I am merely a student, listener and observer." He took another sip of his ale. "I am here simply because I wish to. My teachers had little need of me this day, and so I found myself unsure of how to spend my time today. As you can see, I've come to a conclusion." He grinned, glancing at Velexis. "What brings you two here?" he asked.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Two very different reasons. Personally, I'm here because I like the area, and needed to catch my breath so to speak," Velexis started, "and I'm here because I'm bored," Levi said, "or well, something along those lines. I'm just here because I need to be some place, and that place happens to be here for now." Velexis almost cringed at his response, at some point he's gonna drive me mad, I swear it, she thought to herself. Levi gave her a light-hearted look, silly elf.

Darren nodded, appearing content, but he noticed Velexis's expression. He could tell she was trying to hide it, but allowed himself a light, mental chuckle at the attempt. Somehow, though, I sense there isn't a true rivalry between these two. They seem good friends. "A reasonable answer, Levi," he finally said, tilting his head. "A good choice, this place is. Serene most of the time, good food and drink, and warm rooms if one wishes to tarry here overlong." He paused, finally looking up. Underneath his hood, bright blue eyes gazed up into Levi's.
    This one is much, much more than he appears to be, Darren thought, but kept quiet. I can just barely suppress the amount of power emanating from this night elf. Darren was curious, but couldn't quite place his finger on the feeling that repeatedly washed over him. Shrugging to himself, he took another sip of ale. "Your attire seem to be plain and inconspicuous, Levi," he said, addressing the night elf. "A mere and ultimately doomed shot in the dark on my part, but do you happen to be a druid? Or perhaps a priest of some sort?"
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I guess you could call me a priest of some sort, yes," Levi said. What's with all these people asking questions today.. Can't a dragon just enjoy a nice stay in a town for once? "You said you were merely and apprentice, yes? How's your conjuring skills coming along?" Levi asked, with a curious look on his face. "You don't have to answer if you don't want," Velexis quickly said, realizing what Levi wanted out of this, "everyone is allowed to have some secrets."

Darren smirked now. There was definitely a rivalry of sorts between the two. It seemed to be deeper and more friendlier than true, though, so Darren relaxed... But only slightly. "Oh, have no fear, Velexis," he said. "I'm quite all right with sharing my training. It's nothing too secretive, although some things will have to remain hidden." He finished his ale and set the mug down at his feet. "I am apprenticed to an Archmage and a master wizard within the Kirin Tor. His name is Koragon, and he specializes in training those adept enough in the schools of conjuration, the concept of illusion and the alteration of magic. Though I am specialized in frost magic, I have skill in those three areas." He paused, taking a breath. "I assume you know of dragons' skills in conjuration, alteration and illusion? They have the ability to disguise themselves as any race in Azeroth. That is not simply because they are dragons, but because of their ascendancy, and because it was an ability, granted to them by the Titans that created them. The reasoning for this, was because of their task given to them. In order to watch over the mortal races - though some, such as the Blue Dragonflight, for instance, care for us little - they had to be able to mingle with our kind easily. However, this has also granted some an edge over us. Take Deathwing, for example. He attempted to infiltrate Lordaeron in the guise of a human, Lord Prestor, in order to put his plan of crushing the Alliance from the inside into action. He failed, of course... But it's an example." He smiled. "In answer to your question, Levi, I am quite skilled in such schools. As you can likely tell, I've done much studying." He raised his hand and closed his eyes, focusing. He murmured a few words, and his gloved hand rippled, changing in both shape and color. In seconds, his hand resembled that of an orc's, then a troll's, then a night elf's. He opened his eyes, and his hand reverted back to its true shape. He then conjured a strudel, filled with a snowberry frosting, and handed it to Levi, grinning.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I am quite aware of the power dragons have, but I hadn't heard of Deathwings infiltration. I must admit I'm not one to care about the factions so to speak," Levi took the strudel that Darren handed him. Velexis looked at him while thinking don't do this Lev, we'll both regret it if you do. Levi realized what Velexis thought about this, and gave her a look back, hoping for it to say something along the lines of "I can't use a mortal for that," Levi looked back at Darren, "mind doing me a favor Darren?"

Darren chuckled. "Aboslutely. Apologies, of course. You mustn't have come here for a story from a young apprentice wizard. What do you need, my friend?"
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "This place is terribly low on good wines," Levi started out, "would you mind conjuring some for me?" Velexis just shook her head slightly, well, atleast didn't do anything silly.

This caused Darren's shadowed smile to widen. "A simple request, granted with ease." He lifted his hand, and a golden goblet rippled and formed. He slowly handed it to Levi, aware that the goblet was filled to the brim with crimson wine - the finest in all of Azeroth. Darren tilted his head. "Thank me after you drink it and let its warmth fill your belly."
    Last edited by xensorlol; 2012-10-27 at 07:56 AM.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Levi took hold of the goblet, and took a small sip of it. "Very good wine, one of the best I've had in a long time," he took another small sip before placing the goblet on the table. Velexis took out a small flask of her own, and took a small drink, "sacred water," she said as Levi looked at her questioningly.

Darren shrugged. "No problem at all." He did grow interested when Velexis pulled out a flask of sacred water, though. e gazed at it for a moment as she took a sip of the holy liquid, but he said nothing. He leaned back in the chair, yawning and stretching his arms and legs, careful not to kick over the empty mug at his feet.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Tired?" Velexis asked Darren as he yawned, "we aren't holding you here, you're welcome to go sleep if that is what you desire." Levi took another sip of the wine, and yawned as well, "oh, excuse me."

10+ Year Old Account
    While the other patrons wandered off and the Paladin was passed out, Jonas was idly messing with the shadows cast by the fireplace, recreating battles from memory, playing them out in silhouettes.

Seeing the drunk human again set him on edge, but he noticed that he was acting fairly calmly now.
    Perhaps he could be company after all
    "Go ahead. My paladin 'friend' here has drunk himself asleep, but I don't think he'd mind if you joined us. My name is Jonas Shadewreath, acolyte of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow. The paladin is named Rhoan. He was good company... till I bought him one too many drinks." He chuckled as he looked at the dozing paladin.
    "What is your name, sir, and what brings you to this 'lovely' establishment?"

Darren shrugged at Velexis. "Just a little. I haven't had much sleep in the past week. A lot of adventuring and training has kept me awake." He grinned beneath his hood, and laughed as Levi yawned. "I suppose you're on the same page as me, then?" His grin widened as he folded his arms across his chest.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "No, it's just contagious. But adventures? Please do tell, I'm quite a fan of stories," Levi took another sip from the goblet, enjoying the wine. Velexis added "I could use a good story as well."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ralof looked at the shadow priest. It was all he despised of: Undead, forsaken and a shadow priest. He hesitated for a moment, and thought of snapping at him. Then he looked at the paladin. "To hell with this, if this so called warrior-of-light can sit with him, why can't i?" he thought, and slowly sat down at a stool.

"My name is Thor." he said, and before he could continue, barkeep came next to him and said "What now, Ralof? Ye can't even pay for yerself, yet order fer all?". Ralof looked at him sharply, then removed a pouch of gold coins from his belt and threw at him and said "Shut up, will ya? 'Ere is your gold, you dirty greenskin. Now go and fetch stuff for everyone!", then he added "And brink me some cold water.". "Now you're talkin'!" said the goblin and happily ran back to the bench.

Ralof, turning his witty gaze towards the shadow priest, said "It is so interesting to see a shadow priest here. Aren't you supposed to be craving for power somehere? What does our beloved Cult cook nowadays? Or is Sylvanas done reanimating Gilnean civilians you murdered? Maybe you are after the tigers, raptors an' monkeys Nesingwary's boys and me have been taking out for a while now, eh? Man, that would be a real army of dead, my my, considering their numbers..", a strong laughter took hold of him after his last sentence. Obviously by teasing, he was showing aggression towards the forsaken priest, despite the fact that he was trying to be friendly with him. But the pain he has been suffering that was caused by undead was too great for him to easily set aside his differences and become friendly with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calmly observing the human ranting at him, he smirked slightly. Why do I bother?
    "Power isn't always in material possessions. I prefer to have connections. My power comes from having friends who will destroy my enemies, not simply using each one as cannon fodder like some of my compatriots." Taking a sip from his mug, he continued.
    "As for Sylvanas? I don't care what she does. The cult only scarcely listens to her. We lead ourselves. By each of us becoming stronger, we make both ourselves stronger, and the Forsaken stronger as a whole, so we don't necessarily need more corpses to reanimate.. though "Murdering Gilnaens" is a bit of an overstatement, considering they're all wolf-men, and most of them have little more than a rabid instinct than a personality."

"Now, I know that you'll never personally like me, and I'm sure you'd rather try using that gun to blast me to bits, but how about we keep the hostilities to a minimum here. I've turned more than one of your own kind into quivering children, and you seem like a useful person, so I'd rather avoid that."
    Last edited by Vouksh89; 2012-10-28 at 01:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Scarcely?" said Ralof, before a wave of laughter took him over. Irresponsible and cold answers of the forsaken were really getting on his nerves. After he was done laughing, he drank the glass of cold water and took a deep breath. "My my, and i thought you lot used to use mind-benders only on others. How did you manage to convince yourself to those petty lies? I mean, scarcely, really? Lich-bitch is holding you lot on a short leash!" he said, and laughed again in the end, but suddenly his voice became more serious "Your brain may have rotted in a grave but i still carry one. Do not expect me to believe your crap about Gilneans. I knew that kingdom since i was merely a boy and i had many friends there. And i know what worgen are. I hunt them. So spare me your lies and save them for your green skinned 'compatriots'.".

Then he stood up, shattering the glass in his tight grasping palm, he looked at the shadow priest in the eye and said "Don't push your luck, talking corpse. I am no king's crony, and i do not have a bloodlust like you guess. It is something for you power hungry types. But if you threaten me again.. I will show you that i am no child." and he walked away to the bar.

"Screw my mind! What was i thinking? A good idea? Like i heard one ever! To the hell with paladins and their bullshit self righteousness! They can all gather up at Hearthglen and screw themselves with their forsaken friends!" he murmured to himself, while looking for an empty stool.
    Last edited by Mengucekli; 2012-10-28 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Angered at the humans complete lack of composure, he said loudly, gathering shadows about him,
    "Do not test me human! I can rip the ego from your mind and use you as my puppet! You would then know what it's like to have your life ripped from you only to serve unwaveringly under some elses will! I helped legions of your kind just years ago, and I do not forget how to instill both hope, and absolute, pure, fear. Leave if you wish, but know that this is your last warning."

By the time he was done talking, the shadows he gathered nearly blacked out the entire bar. Quickly composing himself, he released his grip on the light around him and sat back down.
    I'm going to regret that, but I cannot allow some hot headed low-life insult me.