Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ralof felt the foul shadow magic in the air before lights went out. "Ah that crappy shadow magic again. Like those tricks would affect us." he thought. Stood there and waited for the priest's words to end. Then he turned his head half way, without moving rest of his body, and said "Nice light show." he said, and with a wicked grin on his face, he added "Do that again, and you may even see the flash of my pistols, dark caster.".

He walked over to a stool and sat down. His deft hands reached for his side pockets and started searching for cartridges he crafted earlier. Cartridges for precautions of occasions like that. "Just in case." he murmured. Meanwhile, he was curious about what priest said. Guesses crossed his mind: "Legions? Must be Varian's lapdogs. Phmmph! Like i would care about that.".

Darren scratched his chin. "You wish for a story? Hmm," the young wizard droned, raising an eyebrow beneath his hood, aware that Vel and Levi would not see the gesture. "I'm unsure as to whether I have one that could possibly intrigue the two of you. I am after all but a human. My kind are young, inexperienced. Though quite a few of us have managed to make it farther than others - Aegwynn and Medivh, for example - I am not one of those few. I am actually just barely into adulthood, to be perfectly honest with you." He reached into his pocket and dug out a few more gold coins. He clenched his fist around them, and when he opened his hand, the coins were gone.
    As the barkeep returned to the counter, he noticed the four coins lying abandoned on the counter. He glanced around, then went to scoop them up, a grin on his face. Three more drinks, if you wouldn't mind, a young voice spoke in his head. The barkeep froze, and looked around. I am the human, who is seated with the blood elf and the night elf. You may recall me from earlier; you may not. The barkeep's hand was trembling as he swept the coins off the counter and into his hand, grumbling about how he hated magic being used on him. Nevertheless, he disappeared into the back once again.
    Darren turned to Levi and Vel, grinning slightly. "Perhaps I will come up with something fanatical and exciting by the time our drinks arrive."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Velexis sat agasp at the trick, whereas Levi simply replied "neat little trick there. Teleportation of small objects and thought projection if I'm not mistaken?" Velexis shook her head, showoff, she thought to herself. "Your race have nothing to do with how you deal with the call to arms, and adventures. Elves are quite ancient creatures but I myself prefer to sit at the Argent Crusade training grounds and teach the students, just as you, by the sound, prefer to travel around Azeroth and help people in that way."

Darren smiled. "It is but a small trick, taught to me by my tutor." He nodded to Vel. "I am much alike to the description of me you've put forth; however, I do no sort of training. Instead, I am the apprentice. I've merely... left my duties for a short period of time. My background has pushed me to mercenary work to assist in supporting myself." He turned his head as the barkeep strode out, three drinks in hand. Darren raised his hand in a subtle gesture, and the three cups began to levitate, floating right out of the barkeep's hand. He growled, turned and walked quickly back to his counter. Darren himself was grinning smugly as one of the drinks, a strong dwarven ale, floated into his open palm. The other floated to Vel and Levi's hand.

((The drinks can be whatever you want them to be. Didn't want to choose for you. :3))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Velexis stretched her hand out, grapping the light ale, putting it down on the table. Levi took the drink as Darren floated it to his hand, placing down the Elven beer, barely looking at it before taking a sip. Velexis smiled at Darren, "mercenary work isn't something I endorse, but I can see why one would go that route." Levi looked from behind the mug as Velexis talked, "mercenaries are nice, they're quick, fast, and for the most, cheap." Levi grinned slightly, "just kidding, I'm not a fan of them either, as I'm much more a 'fan' of just sorting out problems peacefully."

Darren grinned beneath his hood. "Oh, believe me; my work isn't cheap. I've been doing this sort of thing for years now. Of course, when I first began work as a mercenary, my rates were rather high, and I negotiated for much more than I'd have gotten in the first place. However, as time passed, my regular clients became more trustworthy, and for acceptable to my pay. Newer clients, on the other hand, still face the unfortunate task of paying up whatever I manage to push for." He took a sip of his ale. "An exaple would be my latest client, a dwarven mage. He had a few minor jobs he wanted taken care of, and expected me to take his pitiful pay - which was little more than five hundred gold. By the time we'd finished negotiating and the jobs were cleaned up, I walked away with over three thousand." He smirked, taking another sip of ale. "Amazing things can happen when you can control magic at will."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xMexyragosX View Post
    Darren grinned beneath his hood. "Oh, believe me; my work isn't cheap. I've been doing this sort of thing for years now. Of course, when I first began work as a mercenary, my rates were rather high, and I negotiated for much more than I'd have gotten in the first place. However, as time passed, my regular clients became more trustworthy, and for acceptable to my pay. Newer clients, on the other hand, still face the unfortunate task of paying up whatever I manage to push for." He took a sip of his ale. "An exaple would be my latest client, a dwarven mage. He had a few minor jobs he wanted taken care of, and expected me to take his pitiful pay - which was little more than five hundred gold. By the time we'd finished negotiating and the jobs were cleaned up, I walked away with over three thousand." He smirked, taking another sip of ale. "Amazing things can happen when you can control magic at will."
    Lexi smirked, "6 times the original payment? Either you're very good at haggling, or you're using some sort of other trick." He took another sip of his drink, as Velexis spoke "three thousand is probably too much anyways, but then again, it's not exactly a safe line of work."

"I've just learned over the years, that being stubborn on certain matters can be greatly rewarding." He glanced at Velexis. "Oh, it's dangerous work. That's why you need to be willing to take the risk. Much like participating in a war . . . certainly, you know what that is like. You're a paladin, are you not? Perhaps you fight the Alliance on a regular basis?" His grin widened. "Or have you, too, cast in your lot with the Argent Crusade?"
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I see no point in this ridiculous faction war that we have going on, all my time is spent with the Argent Crusade," Velexis said. "That being said, if I had to choose a faction at the moment, I'd probably go with the alliance, I'm a very strong contender of Garroshes 'politics', and the Draenei would probably have a thing or two to teach me." She took a small sip as she finished. Levi spoke up, "always trying to learn more, never a moments rest with you."

Darren cocked an eyebrow, again admonishing himself. You're acting so mysterious. Come now, Frostwhisper. Show some good faith to your little friends. Darren finished what remained of his drink and placed the mug next to his old one. He lifted his hands and proceeded to pull his hood back, revealing wavy, medium length brown hair. His eyes, a mixture of grey and blue, met Velexis's emerald eyes, his eyebrow still cocked.
    "The Alliance?" he murmured, genuinely surprised. "It isn't every day you meet a sin'dorei that would prefer herself a part of the Alliance, if presented the choice." He paused, thinking. "I, too, disagree with many of Hellscream's naive notions. I'll be honest with you, Velexis; I never truly hated the Horde until they murdered my family. And even then, I really only lost my temper when I put my mind up to that fact. For the most part, I was content for peace. I took the Kirin Tor's training to lose myself in their ways and learn to keep a cooler head. That, and mercenary work. Sure, it took some time getting used to working for all sorts of people, such as orcs, trolls... you know what I mean. Doubtless it was the same way the other way around. But eventually, it was an every-day thing that irritated me little." He smiled. "I'm still surprised ,to be honest with you. Regardless of Hellscream, it just doesn't seem... right. If Varian Wrynn did something like what Garrosh has, I'd still pick the Alliance simply because it is where I belong, and there are others within that faction that would agree with me, I'm sure."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "But it isn't a question of 'if' with me. Untill they have actually done it, there's nothing wrong. The future can still be changed, the past, however, can not. Then again, that's just my thoughts on the matter." Levi took a quick drink before speaking, "time isn't like a river, it's an ocean. The past can still be changed if you have the right tools, and you're willing to live with the Bronze dragons chasing you. Just remember what the Infinite dragonflights tried to do with Thralls escape from Durnholde, or Arthas' meeting in Stratholme."

Darren nodded slowly. "Yet both attempts to alter Azeroth's past were prevented, they are still proof that altering the timeways of Azeroth isn't an impossible feat. However, that does not necessarily mean that altering them is a good idea. My race being the youngest of both you and Velexis's, I should think you would know better than to suggest such things. For all I know you probably do, and were just pointing out that it was possible. Either way," he shrugged, meeting Levi's eyes, "it's a matter not to be trifled with lightly. I do agree, though, that having the Bronze Dragonflight at your heels isn't the greatest of paths to take in life." He cocked an eyebrow at Levi in an almost... pointedly fashion.
    They are suspicions; nothing more. Do not speak of anything unless you are absolutely sure of your assumptions. He looked away, his thoughts beginning to turn muddied. Two drinks is enough for me, I think. I'd cast a spell to remove the effects of the alcohol, but it actually feels rather... welcoming. He let his eyes close halfway, leaning back in his chair and folding his arms. "Hmmph," he muttered, attempting to blink away both the alcohol's effects and fatigue. "Where do you two plan to head off?" he asked, aware that his words were slightly slurred. Let's hope my judgement doesn't start to succumb to the alcohol. The last thing I need is to be caught with my guard down. Mercenary work comes with its dangers, and being hunted by multiple people is one of them.

((I was planning on bringing my rogue in along with Darren, but I'm just too tired to do it right now, rofl. Sometime tomorrow... maybe...))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm currently planning on going to the Twilight Highlands, I have some important things to talk with the red dragons about," Levi said, aware of the mages suspicions, playing slightly with him. Velexis responded with "I'm going to visit Stormwind for a while. It's a nice city, I really like the park. The church isn't too bad either," and then took a sip of her drink. Velexis also noticed Darrens slightly blurry talk, but decided to not make mention of it for the time being.

((The more the merrier ))

Darren shook his head in mild curiosity. "Red dragons? You make it sound as if it's an every day activity, friend. You use the term so... openly, and as if it is familiar." He said little else about the subject, though. He realized what he could possibly start if he kept opening his mouth. Keep the dragon talk out of it, Frostwhisper. "The Twilight Highlands is a beautiful place, in my opinion. I've been there once before." He grinned. "Though I've found the Dragonmaw to be rather... aggressive." He turned his gaze to Velexis. "Stormwind, eh? I didn't realize they would let you in. It doesn't seem a likely prospect from one's point of view."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "They're dragons, I have business there, I don't see why I should keep my goings secret." Especially to a drunken human. Levi just mouthed he last part, "and please don't remind me of those.. Savages that call themselves Dragonmaw. They lack a complete respect for the majestical beings that are dragons." Levi was slightly angered by Darrens courage to speak their name, but managed to mostly conceal it. Velexis waited her turn before speaking, "as long as I don't cause trouble, and I wear the sigil of the crusade, I'm welcome most places. The most hostile actions I've encountered from them is once when I attempted to land my frostwyrm there. They didn't take to kindly to a frostwyrm."

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Been thinking of a new character, going to try bringing him into this, and take my priest out for now.))
    Jonas glanced around and realized he'd been staring at the fire for quite awhile, lost in thought. I should get going... There's no company left for me here. He got up and walked quietly out of the bar.

Moments after the door closed, however, a Tauren stepped through and filled the doorway. Garbed in a leather robe and bark-like shoulder-pads, Marn Bearwhisper drew several looks, considering he almost had to duck in the door.

Strapping his staff to his back, he walked forward to the bar and requested a drink. While the bartender was busy, he dropped his coins on the table and looked around.
    [i]Several humans, and an unlikely group toward the center. Marn could feel the radiance of the one elves' energy around him, making him feel peaceful.
    Hmm, that could be a dragonkin, most likely of the red by this aura I feel... Perhaps I should introduce myself...
    ((Not sure if you want someone else in on the coversation. I might write up a small bio tonight, not sure yet.))

Darren, though mildly drunk, was still quite coherent. He smiled to himself as Levi attempted - and, for the most part succeeded - in concealing his anger.
    I didn't realize he favored the Dragonmaw in such a manner. The way he worded his reply, however, further adds to the puzzle. The more I talk with this 'night elf,' the more I seem to think he belongs with the Red Dragonflight. Darren decided to not retaliate to Levi's reply; instead, he turned to Velexis. "Indeed. Landing a frostwyrm in the middle of Stormwind is likely not on King Wrynn's list of 'things I should allow.'"
    The young wizard was well aware of the fact that Levi was careless with his business. He presumed that the night elf - possibly dragon - assumed he was too drunk to care, or even pay attention.
    Movement to his left caught his eye. He turned his head slowly, and watched in mild amusement as a massive tauren tried to enter through the tavern door. The bull-like humanoid had to duck his head just to get through.
    Hmmph, Darren thought, raising an eyebrow as the tauren approached the bartender and paid for a drink. Must be a pain in the arse, having to do that every time you have to enter a building. He shrugged to himself mentally. Then again, he's probably used to it.
    Again, his eyes flitted through the tavern. He caught little movement. He was unsure of what time it was; it was probably nearing twilight. Darren shook his head. A day off well spent, in my opinion.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "They would've killed it. If it was alive that is. They certainly tried. I did have to promise to land him outside next time if I wanted to bring him," Velexis gave a smile. Levi looked at Darren, while keeping the tauren in focus, allowing him to keep an eye on both of them. Why do I get the feeling these people know? Only one way to find out, but I'm gonna save that for later, he took a small sip of his drink, and shifted his head to look at the tauren.

((You can join in on the conversation if you like, I don't mind))

10+ Year Old Account
    Noticing the gaze of the Night Elf, he decided to step forward.
    "Ah, my name is Marn Bearwhisper, follower of Cenarius. Would you care if I joined you for a drink? It's been quite some time since I've talked to someone that isn't a fellow druid."
    He unintentionally directed his speech at the Night Elf, being drawn from the power radiating from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Milk!" yelled Ralof, before starting to laugh again untill he puked out half of the last mug he drank, then turned back to his table.