Page 1 of 65
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Beginner Open RP] The Salty Sailor Tavern

((This is one of them thar new RPs for non-members of the RPing group and such that want to get into RPing but don't want to worry about the hassle of making a bio, anyone's welcome))

The sun began to set on the goblin town of Booty Bay, the auburn rays it cast upon the docks gave it a homely lazy look, this combined with the low amount of dock work going on caused Booty bay to have an uncharacteristic idle feel to it.

Through the windows of the Salty Sailor Tavern, the barkeep stood behind the counter ready and waiting for anyone that was to come through those doors, and being the end of the work week there were surely going to be many a passer through tonight.

Remember guys, no trolling... We're always watching ^^

~The Madgod

This thread is reset every other Sunday so there's no need to read the entire thread. Current reset began: Page 64

Larka enters the bar, her grey eyes huge with wonder as she approaches the counter, this is the fist bar she's ever been in, let alone a goblin one.

---------- Post added 2011-02-15 at 08:41 PM ----------

Larka asks the bar keep for a drink, she is unsure what there is to get, so she produces a gold coin and asks for whatever the barkeep recomends.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Well pretty las, it appears like your a little green to this type of establishment,"the crusty ole bartender said as he looked over the young girl. The bartender appeared to be an old man with an eye patch covering one eye. His hair was grey and ragged from the many years spent on the sea and his clothing looked little better off. His teeth were of colors varying from brown to gold, the brown teeth somewhat decayed.

"Fer one as scurvy as yurself id put me word on some fine Northshire Honey Ale," The rugged ole barkeep said.
    Last edited by Vadoor; 2011-02-16 at 03:25 AM.

"If you say so! I'll have one of those then! Will this be enough?" Larka held out her gold coin as she tried not to stare at the barkeep's eye patch, she couldn't help herself:
    "What's that for?" she asked as she pointed at the gruff man's covered eye with her other hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    "It be enough to sink yer ship and send ya ta the bottom of the ocean," the old pirate said with a hearty laugh. "But no worries las, I doubt ye get that far. As fer me eye, if I told ya that would spoil the mystery!" The man said as he winked his remaing eye.

"He never tells anybody! Like anyone cares," said a rather rude goblin at a table nearby.

An old orc entered the Tavern, from the guest room's side. He was dressed in a simple leather vest and a leather kilt, he walked down the stairs and up the the bar. He waited for his turn to order.

Kassandra snuck off the ship she had stolen on to, quietly and in the dark. She was thankful that she had risen before any decay or rot had taken hold of her body right then, but pulled the hood of her dark cloak up over her head anyways. No one would mistake the cold, yellow gleam of Forsaken eyes. The hunter fumbled for a moment with her backpack before realizing she was nearly out of food and water. She would need supplies.

Kassandra spotted the Salty Sailor Tavern and made her way inside. She sat at one end of the bar, away from the other patrons, and patiently waited for the chance to order.

Larka, seeing somebody sitting all alone away from anyone else, happily walked over to the hooded stranger, and sat down.
    "Hello! What is your name? Mine is Larka, I've never been to a bar before, have you?" she said a little louder than she expected, the small amout of Honey Tea she had drank seemed to have made her just a little bit tipsy.
    Edit: OOC: Brb on erm, my RP accnt xD

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Noctus View Post
    Larka, seeing somebody sitting all alone away from anyone else, happily walked over to the hooded stranger, and sat down.
    "Hello! What is your name? Mine is Larka, I've never been to a bar before, have you?" she said a little louder than she expected, the small amout of Honey Tea she had drank seemed to have made her just a little bit tipsy.
    Edit: OOC: Brb on erm, my RP accnt xD
    *OOC* There, this is better!

Larka stares wide eyed at the stranger, sipping her honey tea.

((just so you know, don't need to have separate forum/RP accounts... Before the RP forums and even when it existed I used this account for both the general fouls and the RP forums... Saves the effort of switching between them ))

The orc addressed the goblin cook that was standing near the little stove behind the bar.

"Do you have some food? preferably without any meat."

"No meat, eh? I could give you some bread and a piece of cheese."

"That will do. thank you."

The orc placed some coins on the bar and took the wooden plate with his food. When he turned around he heard a young woman talking to a Forsaken in the corner of the bar. The lighthearted woman made the old orc smile. He slowly aproached the two, taking his time. If the girl recognizes that she was talking quite loudly, and lowered her voice, he would have to be closer to listen to them, but he wouldn't want to step into the conversation just jet.

((And we usually use double brackets for ooc comments ))
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2011-02-16 at 05:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The crusty ole bartender approached the forsaken woman at the end of the bar. "Whatll ye be havin miss?"

Kassandra shifted her head slightly to the side as Larka introduced herself. She sighed very quietly to herself, mentally shrugged.

"My name is Kassandra. I have been in a bar before, but not for quite a while..." The Forsaken responded softly.

The hunter raised her gloved claw-like hands, and pulled her hood off. She shook her head, her ebony ponytail flopping around as she did so. She noticed the bartender approach her, and nodded to him.

"I'll have some wine please. Elven, preferably."

((My character was meant to be a little surprised to have someone randomly come up to her and greet her, if it wasn't clear.))

10+ Year Old Account
    "Wine fer the Lady! One pretty copper of a drink comin up," the bartender said as he looked through a very large assortment of bottles.
    "There she be," he said as he pulled an elegant bottle from the highest shelf. Grabbing a pretty glass, the bartender poured the red Elven wine into cup. It swirled in the bottom until the glass was filled.
    "Thatll be one gold," he said as he handed the glass to the forsaken woman.

Kassandra nodded her head, and fumbled at her belt for a moment. She pulled out a small leather coin purse, opened it up and took a peek inside.

A gold piece and a couple of silver...

She put the purse on the bar, and pushed it over to the barkeep, as she reached for her drink and took a sip. The red liquid rolled languidly in the glass, and would have given off the impression that she was drinking blood, had any passerbys not known better. The Forsaken sipped at her drink, and nodded to herself in contentment.

"Thank you."

The old orc walked over to the Forsaken at the table, still holding his plate, slightly bowed, and addressed her.

"Would you mind if I take a seat?"

"I don't mind if you join us!" Larka replied as she siddled her chair over a bit to make room for the Orc.
    "I haven't seen many of you before, you are an... Orc? Right?" a few patrons overheard her, and snickered quietly to themselves. Who on Azeroth would be unsure of what an orc is?

(( I have noticed most other people writting thier character dialog in another colour.... should I be doing that??))

Yes, I am indeed an orc. Where do you come from, if i might ask?

The Orc took a seat, shortly glimpsing at the forsaken woman; she seems a little surprised that the young woman adressed her so spontaneuously.

((Some of us do it for the sake of readability to write in different colors, imho it makes dialogues easier to read, if you play more than one character, there is a thread with class specific colors in the stickies or you may pick one of your liking for example here))

"I come from a forest waaay up in the Redridge Mountains. I lived there all my life. Well, untill my home was burned to the ground in a forest fire a little while ago. I don't have much anymore other than a few gold pieces my father left me, and the bow I made from some creatures horn. The world is really strange sometime, but I like it. The forest got boring sometimes."
    Larka absently fingered the bow on her back, it was quite skillfully crafted, made from some kind of black horn. The bow looked like it had a very heavy draw wieght, and some would wonder if such a small girl could even wield the weapon.
    Last edited by Lady Larka; 2011-02-17 at 07:09 PM.

"So,..." Garom bit of a piece from his bread ate it and continued. "you say you don't know very much about this world, and hmm how old are you? Ffiteen years maybe? Maybe I should try to explain some of the things that go on on Azeroth to you."