Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "Not much to explain. Death, chaos, fear... The whole planet is tearing at the seams." Kassandra's cool, level voice echoed.

The orc's head turned to Kassandra

"Since his return that seems to be all too true. But still it is a grim look at the things as a whole isn't it? If I may ask, what do you fear?"

"I am 20, Ser Orc. I know a little of whats going on from my stay in Stormwind, though I would be very interested to hear what you have to say. I mean, I know about that dragon, Deathwing but," Larka turned to Kassandra, her eyes filled with a pleading hopefulness. "Things can't be all bad, can they?"

"20? Ah of course you humans don't grow as fast as we do, my apologies. It is a refreshing sight to see someone not assuming that things are that bad, but in fact the situation is dire. It is not just the dragon and his cult, but what he did to the planes of the elements. But that is a complicated matter. I would not know where to start. In the twenty years you lived, have you never been told any stories? That is what my people do to explain the world to our children."

"Stories? Well, some, but none of giant dragons and el-iman-til planes, mostly just cautionary tales. My father did speak of wars and monsters sometimes after he'd come home from visiting the city, but wars always seemed so far away. I did hear a few stories from old men in Stormwind, they had these tales of giant green skinned monsters they used to fight in wars long past, and still occuring. They always spoke of your kind, orcs, with such hate and disdain, I was quite supprised to find out how wrong they were when I met my first Orc. It was a lady Orc, she was very nice, saved me from some two-headed monster... Can all Orcs shoot lightning from their hands?" She spoke quickly, and enthusiastically, as if she had hundereds of questions bottled up within her.

The orc giggled.

"Slow down young one. So you heard the stories about the bad orcs that your people fought wars with, yes? But they were different. Many living beings give in to a promise of power and end up as pityful things made of hatred. That is what these orcs were. In my language we say Dae'mon. It means twisted soul. The orcs that live here now are mostly free. We have turned away from demonic magic and taken our place. And no not all of us can shoot lightnings from our hands. Do I look like I could do something like that?"

The orc said broadly smiling at the woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Woah, just saw this. Also, might want to put somewhere whether its SRP or CRP))

Valakin sat in a booth at one end of the bar. He visited here often, so he was no stranger. It fascinated him how times had changed, and a bright new generation of people were coming in. Life, such a queer thing.

((Did we surprise you ? And i think it is SRP at the moment but we didn't really clear that up; hm, Perhaps another CRP for the lulz thread?))

While he waited for Larka to answer the orc continued eating his meal.

"Well I am not sure, good Orc, that lady orc didn't look like she could either, and then BOOM! lightning. I don't like to assume things about people. I mean, it is good fun suprising people when they think I can't wield my bow. OH! I almost forgot, you never told me your name! Mine is Larka!" She ended her words by thrusting out her hand towards the Orc, eager to shake his hand.

"Well many things in this world don't look like what they are that is a lesson that many have to pay for. And you are right about not judging people before you get to know them but it is good to be cautious."

Then the orc reacted to Larka's hand, he gently shook it.

"My name is Garom by the way."

"Well Ser Garom, it is a plea-" Larka stopped mid sentence, her eyes fixed on a grizzled old Night Elf that just entered the tavern. This Elf wore battered old chain armor, and what appeared to be an Alliance Admiral's hat. A huge grin spread across Larka's face as she recognized him, and she called out.
    "Noctus!"

Noctus heard Larka call him as he entered the tavern, and hastily walked over to were she sat. "Ah, Larka, 'tis about time I found ya. We need to be heading off. Right now." as the Elf spoke, his voice was filled with unease, and he kept glacing over his shoulder towards the exit. Something was obviously wrong.

Larka sat up straight, and her eyes narrowed."But why? Has something happened?" as Larka spoke, her characteristic naivitey seemed to vanish, replaced with something much colder... harder.

"I've just had word that a ship from the King's Fleet is about to arrive here. I don't want to run the risk of the Alliance finding us, or my ship. So we need to leave, now. The faster, the better." Noctus turned to Garom. "Thank you Orc, for watching over my charge, and I apologize for the hasty exit, but we really do need to leave."
    Noctus made his way back to the tavern's door. "Larka, come. Now."

Larka quickly made sure she had all of her things, and placed a gold piece down on the table, a tip for the Barkeep.
    "Yes Noctus!" She called out before sprinting to the door.

"Farewell Lady Kassandra, and Ser Garom! Thank you for the company" and then she exited the tavern, and bounded out of sight.

Kassandra nodded to Larka, and sipped at the wine. The Forsaken shook her head and glanced sidelong at Garom.

"You're right, of course. It is a grim point of view, and I have my reasons for it. And to answer your question, I don't like spiders. Now it's your turn to tell me what you fear."

10+ Year Old Account
    "Interest gained," Valakin thought to himself as he saw Larka and Noctus rush out. He set a gold coin down and followed, keeping at a good distance.

Noctus and Larka ran at full pace down the southern end of Booty Bay, nimbly hoping over barrels and avoiding other pedestrians. Soon they arrived at the Boot Bay bank, at which point Noctus stopped abruptly. He scanned the wall of the bank and quickly found what he was looking for, a rope. He instructed Larka to climb up first, and once she had made it to the roof he climbed up as well. In his haste, he didn't bother to pull the rope up with him; he was focused on more urgent matters.
    "I told the crew to be ready for us before I came and got you, you still got the flare I gave you earlier?"
    Larka fumbled with her pockets for a moment as she searched for the flare."Got it!" she said as she handed the flare to Noctus.
    "Good, it'll just be a few moments now." and he fired the flare off into the night sky, bathing the rooftop in a redish glow for a few moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valakin picked up the pace, trying to keep up with those he was following. Surely something was up to travel at this pace. Seeing them climb a rope, he tried to come up with an inconspicuous way to get up. Finding none, he resigned. Nothing was worth this much trouble anymore. He returned to the tavern. ((Guys, keep the RP in the tavern so others can always join up. If you want a side plot, you can start your own thread ))
    Last edited by Valakin; 2011-02-19 at 02:36 AM.

((I just kept going because you started following me =P. I was actually using my abrupt departure from the tavern as a way to end my part in the RP, I am leaving for the weekend, and it would be most akward if my character(s) stopped doing anything. But so long for now! I will be back at a later date, maybe.))