Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Hmmm... well, even if I were t' tell ye where these Isles were, the chances that them remnants o' the Hammer will still be there when you arrive is well, slim and none. Boats are unreliable at best, dependent on good wind and currents for good time. And even then it'd take a fortnight by sea t' get there. No. Going like that would be a dangerous waste of time. No telling what they could do to a prisoner given that much free time." Noctus shakes his head solemnly. "No, I won't tell ye. It'd be hopeless if I did that."

Noctus turns his head to look Muuhl'to, a smirk spreading across his face. "I didn't say I wouldn't help you however! I'll do ye one better that telling you were them Isles are. I'll take you there. The Tempest can make that trip in jus' over a day. We still need to finish repairations however, and that'll take all o' the morrow. So we set out on first light the day after. Two days. 'Course ya'd have t' pay me. Not in gold no, but in work. You'll be helping with the repairs t'morrow. Hefting iron and wood if you don't have the skill with tools."

Noctus lets out a sigh. "But if you're intent on going alone I suppose I'd have t' give you the location of the Isles. You'd be mad though, t' go without the backing of o'er a hundred cannons, hundred 'n fifty arms, and a fast, flying fortress." Noctus extends his hand, waiting for a handshake, or a rejection of his offer. "So, what'll it be, plan on goin' her alone, or you gunna bring some friends?"

Stunned, Muuhl'to's jaw hangs agape.

"I-... Y-you'd..."

The bull is rendered speechless by the Captain's offer. It had been a leap of faith to expect any assistance from a complete stranger, paid or not. But this...

Muuhl'to eyes Noctus' extended hand, but instead opts for a different route. In one surprisingly swift movement, he pulls Noctus in and wraps both burly arms around the Captain, hugging him tightly to his massive chest. He holds the embrace for a brief moment, the Captain's feet dangling a good foot off the floor. The bull then gently sets Noctus back down and places his hand on the Captain's shoulder.

"I would be honored to accept your offer, Captain Noctus. I... I never could have asked this much of you, and regardless of what we find on the isles, know that I will be forever in your debt. You have no idea how much this means to me. And know, too," he added with a light grin, "that I'll see to it your ship is repaired in record time." Muuhl'to wobbles a bit on his hooves, vision blurring momentarily. He catches himself on the bar and holds tight. "But first, perhaps a few hours' sleep..."
    Last edited by Khaowdruid; 2012-01-22 at 02:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Assuming you guys are gonna go get a Private RP started, please PM me the link or make the title obvious! I wanna keep up with this story! ))
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Noctus, released from Muuhl'to's iron grip, gasps for breath for a few second. He stand up straight, and smiles broadly at the tauren.

"Think nothin' of it friend, I live for adventure and danger!" The Captain says as he pats the bull on his massive shoulder. "What else am I to do with a flying castle, bristling with cannons, eh?! Besides, I promised a.. friend 'o mine, that I'd do some good with me ship." Noctus lets out a lengthy yawn. "But I think ye might be right, I've had quite a bit o' brew myself, and the night's nearly at an end. Best we both be off 'till morn. We'll be setting down at the docks in the morning, shouldn't be hard t' spot. We've the biggest ship, the most cannons, propellers and a hole in the side. Mu'sha grant you a pleasant slumber. That's how they say it in the bluff, don't they? No matter, g'night then Muuhl'to." Noctus stretches and begins to count out his tab in gold coins.

((Glad people have been enjoying it =P. I'd totally be up for a PRP. ))

Muuhl'to chuckles, digging out his own coin from the pouch in his kilt. "Yes, and may An'she bring you a bright morrow."

Turning to the barkeep, he sets his gold on the counter. He procures the largest bed in the house, and cautiously makes his way towards the stairs.
    He calls back over his shoulder with a wave, "'Night, Captain, and thanks again."

((Yeah, a PRP would be awesome.))

The door to inn is heard being screeched open as a silhouette of slightly tall, round, and beastial figure is seen with an adventurer's hat on its head. The figure walks into the inn, and as it steps into the light it is revealed to be a pandaren, with a large sword seethed behind it's back. A slight breeze blows some of the hairs on the pandaren's face as it begins walking into the inn.

The pandaren then walks over to a stool at the bar table and plops itself on it with a thud, and waves to the bartender saying, "Your most expensive beverage please, make sure it's non-alcholic. I hate beer." The pandaren sits and listens around to the noises of the inn and the conversations brewing; listening closely, as if he was soaking it in as knowledge, as if he were learning.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    ((is there anything after January of this year? trying to follow and it stopped))

Deleted
    (( Ppl go and ppl come, it's quite silent these weeks but it won't take long before people post again and starting the rp over))

Deleted
    The door to the tavern swings open. Shortly afterwards a shadowy figure appears in the doorway. There is a brief pause before the man moves forward in a slow, steady pace. He lights a smoke and takes a drag as he examines the area. A group of orcs playing cards curiously look over the human as he approaches the bar.

"Oy." The man says in his deep, gruff voice while eying the barkeep. "Gimme somethin' delicious, preferably wine. Gonna drink all night long, ain't no time to waste." The man crosses his arms and leans over the bar counter while waiting for the barkeep to respond. The night's still young, the man thinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Several hours had passed since the last patron had either left or fallen into a drunken slumber and the barkeep was beginning to get frustrated. Business was getting worse and worse, his keeping's for the night had barely allowed him to break even. And with the shipping manifest as it was there wasn't likely to be a new party of visitors for at least a few days. He sighed before retiring for the night. From passed experience he knew he'd be back down before the drunks had woken up anyway.

The bright blinding light suddenly blasted through the grimy windows of the Tavern as the sun finally climbed high enough to send the shadows fleeing into the crevices, plotting their return later that night.

The barkeep emerged from the stairs and took his place behind the bar. Perhaps today would be different...

((No need to thank me for making the forums active is this works, all part of a day's work ;D))

10+ Year Old Account
    Richard walked inside the Salty Sailor without the usual clang of his armor but the soft thud of thick leather boots and a slight tapping of his twin axes against the fine silk clothing typical of Stormwind tradesman. He ducked slightly to get inside the bar, but with his height it wasn't something he wasn't used too. He tapped a deck of cards in this hands, a large ring gleaming on his right hand with crest of his organization, Blitz Mercenaries. and took a seat alone at one of the largest tables. Richard was looking forward to day of drinking and gambling, unfortunately his time in the military didn't lend to a late start in the day so he expected to wait for a bit for other's to show. "Barkeep I'll take a Dwarven ale, and keep the barrel ready!"

((Excellent my good man. Glad to see you back Aramore!))

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    The tavern door swung open and a tall human woman stood silhouetted in the light streaming through the open portal for the briefest of moments. She stepped inside and made her unhurried way to the bar with long-legged strides.
    Meredith’s eyes flickered around the taproom of the tavern, unsurprised at how quiet it was at this hour. With an inward shrug, she smiled at the barkeep.
    ”Ale please, sir. Dwarven if you have it.”
    Her hand strayed idly to the hilt of one of the twin swords that rode at her hips, fingering the braided leather grip – a habit she didn’t even notice. Though she had forgone her usual armour in favour of more casual attire – she was on holiday after all – her blades were never far from her person.
    She gratefully accepted the mug filled with frothy liquid from the barkeep, taking an experimental sip. Her eyebrows twitched in unexpected pleasure. This was good stuff! She slid an extra coin across the bar in thanks to the barkeep and nodded politely at the only other patron before taking a seat at a small table furthest from the door. She leaned casually against the back of the small wooden chair, facing the door way, sipping quietly and contentedly at her ale.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    A large grin spread across Richard's face as he heard the sweet new patron's voice ordering a Dwarven Ale. Hardy drinkers were rare enough, even more so in women. A warrior too at that... As he inspected her swords with a sideways glance as one of her hands laid over one. Raising his own glass towards her, "Come now, an Ale this fine deserves some games." He tapped his playing cards on the table and gave a quick beckoning gesture.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the early morning patrons noticed the small gnome entering through the door, which, surprisingly, made no noise as it moved the small distance necessary to let someone of that stature through the entry. She quickly darted around the tables and up to the bar before climbing onto a stool. It was rather comical to see her chest barely rising above the level of the bar, but she didn't care too much what people though of her height. It was a mistake her enemies had made in the past...and usually didn't live to regret.

"I'd like a stout mug of milk, please." she rumbled, her voice strangely odd for a gnome. Then she shifted and part of her armor was exposed by the light from the window; she was a death knight! Quickly she glanced around, ignoring the man at the table with the cards before moving back into the shadow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Richard was mildly taken aback by the rather odd gnome, death knight by the smell, ordering milk of all things in a goblin bar. He wasn't unfamiliar with their kind, but held no ill-will to those loyal to the Grand Alliance. A warrior was a warrior. Turning from a moment from the lady warrior in the corner to the slightly skittish gnome in the lingering shadows of the early morning. "Hello my fine gnome friend, would you care for a game as well?" He split the deck and started shuffling. "Not often played with milk but I'm sure it's still entertaining," he spoke finishing with a slight chuckle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darsithis leaned back in her chair, considering the man at the table, before replying. "You have a 79.5% chance of losing against me, my friend. It is a simple matter of math.". She dropped off of the stool, carrying her nearly overflowing glass of milk over to his table. "I will gladly show you my superior skill in cards. Gnomish mind, after all.".

"What are we playing?"
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-04-27 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A figure sits in the back of the bar, at a table in the corner. The lights of the tavern's candles hardly illuminate the figure's face. "Im sure it would be." A woman traces the top of a mug before her, empty, as she watches the man and gnome exchange pleasantries. "Hey, miss." The woman raises an eyebrow and looks to her right, "Who are you, when did you get in here?" A bartender stands before her, "You pay for that?" The woman smirks, "Here." She tosses coins at him, "Name's Syleen. Get me another ale, I'll have what they're havin'." The bartender looks towards the party in front of him, "Milk? Shaken mam'?" Syleen glares at the bartender who cringes, "Finest dwarven ale we have, on it!" Syleen returns her attention forward and stands. Adjusting her breasts and lowering her hood she says, "I could do worse, let's see what this guy's got." She approaches the gnome and man from the darkness, "Mind if I join?"

10+ Year Old Account
    "I would say that is up to the man across from me." Darsithis took a hearty sip of the milk before setting it down and smacking her lips.

10+ Year Old Account
    "79.5% chance you say?" Gnomes always did make him laugh and Richard did as he spread the deck out in an arc in front of him. Grinning he continued, "Well that would depend on the game now, wouldn't? But first for this game we should get acquainted. Name's Richard Feildwright and yours my gnome friend?" Richard however couldn't help but notice the latest addition to the bar and was pleasantly surprised for more company. "Not at all this game is only good with a good sized crowd. Was just introducing myself, Richard Feildwright. Provider of today's entertainment."

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking a quick sip of the milk, she coolly glanced at both of her new-found acquaintances. "My name? My name is Darsithis, now. My old name is best forgotten.". For a moment her eyes glowed even brighter. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Richard, both of you. Far too often I am either laughed at for my height or ridiculed for my undeath.".

She tapped one single finger on the deck of cards. "You still have not told me what we shall be playing, my good friend. That will change the odds, but never in your favor." Darsithis chuckled. "While you set up, perhaps you could tell me a bit more about yourself?"
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-04-27 at 06:00 PM.