Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sare sits down next to Ralof. "You be too nice mon' ". Sare takes a sip out of the mug. "I'll take da junglevine wine after this one Ralof, it's more of ma taste mon' ". Sare gestures kindly towards Ralof as to show no disrespect.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    (( I haven't told you my name yet Anyway, i'll just ignore that fact for now ))

"Well, that's a good choice i say. Junglevine feels like a kick in the groin!" Ralof spoke and laughed merrily. After another sip he turned to his new drinking buddy "Hey, tell me what's your name? Where are you coming from? Travelling to somewhere or just wandering, like me?" he asked.

10+ Year Old Account
    (Someone else said you name beforehand )

Sare thinks for a second. "Ma name is Sare, I be from da Darkspear Tribe. I be travelin' towards Scholomance for some undead killin'." Sare takes sip from his mug. "I travel everywhere mon', you name it, I been der."
    Last edited by Duronos; 2013-03-24 at 03:42 PM.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    "Caer Darrow? That is a long way north, Sare." told Ralof as he gave a longer look at the troll. He was longer than anyone in the room, being a troll, but somewhat rugged. He definitely looked like a weary traveller. "Another lost soul, looking for a light.." he thought, "Just like me..". "Undead are much lesser of a trouble than what it was, thanks to the willing folk like you." he said with a smile, he liked the fact that they shared a common enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sare looked gestured at Ralof for a second. "We be best leavin' soon den' " and got out of his seat with a tiny smile on face.
    Hey everyone

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    ((Hello. I'm not new to forum RP (I used to RP in the WoW forums back when I was but a wee beginner. *cringes at past self*), but this is my first time RP'ing on this site. So...hi people I don't know. *waves excitedly*))

"Melissa, I'm getting really tired of you doing this. I can see you, you know that right?" Clara asked her younger sister wearily as they approached Booty Bay on the boat from Stormwind. Melissa was sneaking around the cabin of the boat pretending that Clara couldn't see her.

"I know," Melissa said sweetly, noting the clenching of Clara's jaw.

"Well then stop it. It's annoying."

"No."

Clara clenched her jaw tighter, forcing herself not to freak out. As infected Gilneans, they were both targets of prejudice, and advertising the fact that they were would not be a good idea. Especially on a small ship. After tightening her hands into fists and loosening them up again, she pulled her long blonde hair into a ponytail, careful to not let any of the strands snag on her gauntlets. She really had to get it cut again - when you were a warrior, long hair wasn't ideal. It was too easy for an enemy to grab it, therefore gaining an upperhand. And she would take any advantage she had.

After about 10 minutes had passed, there was an announcement that the boat would be arriving in Booty Bay in about a minute. Clara got up from her seat to throw the bag that held all of their earthly possessions in it over her shoulder, walking out onto the main deck with Melissa who had thankfully stopped her not-so-sneaky-sneaking-around. The two stared in slight awe -they seemed to do that a lot, having lived in Gilneas for their entire lives, up to about 3 years ago, and not yet seeing the whole world- at the port as the boat landed.

"There is an inn, right?" Melissa asked, glancing up at Clara.

"It's actually a tavern, but same thing. It's called The Salty Sailor, or so I've heard. No idea where it is though," Clara replied, frowning slightly as they stepped off the boat. One of the sailors on the boat overheard and pointed them in the right direction with a small laugh.

"Thank you."

"No problem, ma'am," the sailor said, before going back to his work as Clara and Melissa headed off. Upon entering the tavern, Clara immediately pulled Melissa closer to her and leaned down to whisper in her ear. "I'm going to get us a room, and then go take all of my armor off. You can either sit at the bar or one of the tables near it. Please don't get into any trouble, okay?"

Melissa made a mock sigh. "Alright. I assume I also can't drink?"

"You're 16 years old, you're not drinking alcohol," Clara leaned away from Melissa and shot her a meaningful look as they walked up to the bar. "Hello. I need a room for the night, along with a cup of honeymint tea, and whatever drink she wants," she asked the bartender, jerking her head towards Melissa.

"The same."

"A room is 30 gold a night, and those drinks are going to be a gold coin and 50 silver," the bartender said. Clara winced a bit, but pulled the required amount out of the bag and handed it over. In return she got a key, and was told the tea would be ready in a moment. Clara patted Melissa on the shoulder, repeating that she was going to go change, and then left to go upstairs.

Melissa took a seat at the bar, watching all of the patrons with a curious look on her face and adjusting her shirt. Clara generally didn't like her talking to strangers, but she never said anything about looking at them.

The mage saw the new girl sit down at the bar, and overheard her order of tea. "You come to a tavern and plan to drink tea? Here, let me buy you something more fitting." he said as he offered her some ale. "All I ask for in return for the drink is your name."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ralof almost choked abruptly at the sight of the blonde that entered the tavern. Clad in steel, she looked both confident and able. "Oh dear!" he thought as he tried to clear his throat. He overheard the conversation between her and the innkeeper, and he knew very well that 30 gold pieces were double the usual price. "That green skinned bastard!" he murmured as he puked a bit more, then he proceeded towards the innkeeper and grabbed him by the throat "Look at me you imp! You either pay her money back when she gets back here or i will feed you to the bay sharks!" he threatened. Greedy goblin sweared, squeaked, begged but eventually accepted to pay back the over-charged part of the gold to the warrior lady. Only after that he could land on his feet, freed from Ralof's merciless grasp.

Ralof then heard the young girl ordering tea, and night elven mage's response. "Hold yer horses highborne." Ralof interrupted Tichrom as he moved his body between him and the young girl. "Why do you think such a young lady orders a tea?" he said and waited for a second, giving a short look at the girl, then he continued "That's because she is just a little girl. Too young to drink this horse piss." as he gestured towards his mug of ale. At the end of his sentence he eyed the goblin bartender, obviously threatening him to not to come up with any alcohol to serve the under-aged customer. He locked his deadly gaze towards the elderly elf and expected some kind of apology or explanation of his intents.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Melissa looked at the older male night elf that had just slid her a mug of ale, then at the ale itself, and then back at the man. "Melissa. Melissa Chesterfield," she said, glancing at the mug every few seconds. She had always wondered what alcohol tasted like, but had never gotten the chance to taste it because of Clara constantly keeping her well and good away from it. As well meaning as Clara was, her overprotective attitude was sort of stifling. "And you are?" she asked politely. The kaldorei had been quite helpful with the Forsaken, even going so far as to offer Gilneans a place to stay in Darnassus. For that, she was forced to be grateful. As she waited for a reply, she sniffed the mug. It didn't smell poisoned.

She jumped slightly in her chair as a man rather suddenly grabbed the innkeeper by the throat and demanded that he pay Clara back. Then the same man proceeded to tell the elven man off about offering her a drink.

Just a little girl

"I'm not that young," she mumbled under her breath, before realizing that perhaps talking back wasn't the best course of action when you were surrounded by complete strangers, and the stranger you were talking to had just made sure Clara wasn't overpaying. The stranger had also inadvertently saved her from getting in trouble with Clara when she no-doubt found out that she planned on at least trying the ale.

Chuckling, the mage retracted his offer. "I apologize; I sometimes forget that you humans have rules for drinking. It is hard to remember such things when you have a large tolerance for the stuff." Returning his attention to the girl, he gave a friendly smile. "In that case, let me alter my offer to you. I'll cover you and your friend's expenses for the night, if only you would tell us of your travels."

10+ Year Old Account
    Relieved to see the magus' correction, Ralof leaned on the wall to his side, a smile took place on his face instead of the frown. He also was interested to hear what the little girl would tell them, so he moved his gaze towards the girl while taking another sip from his mug.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    "She's actually my older sister," Melissa admitted as two cups of tea were set in front of her. She noted the very nervous look the goblin bartender gave the human man as he set down the cups. "So you're going to have to ask her about that, but I'm going to warn you now, she's touchy about accepting anything that could be remotely considered charity. Especially from elves. But I could definitely tell you a story if you - oh, well here she comes now," she craned her neck to the side to better see Clara who was quickly approaching the trio.

As she had said she was going to do, Clara had changed out of her armor into a more comfortable black shirt and black pants. Her gray eyes were narrowed. "And you two are...?" she asked Ralof and Tichrom, a hard edge to her voice. It was to be noted that the tone of her voice turned noticeably more grudgingly respectful when addressing Tichrom. She turned her head towards Melissa. "They weren't harassing you, were they?" she asked suspiciously.

Melissa rapidly shook her head, and proceeded to tell Clara exactly what had happened, who looked less likely to kill somebody at the end of the story. "I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions," she eventually said, sitting down on a barstool and taking a sip of her tea.

"Pleased to meet you, Melissa. You're bright; nobody else in this tavern has asked me for my name yet." The mage looked thoughtful for a moment. "I've been called many things in my time, but you may call me Melenorn."

All further conversation was interrupted by the arrival of Melissa's older sister, who had a noticably more respectful tone towards the mage than Ralof. "It is quite alright. I was actually offering to pay you and your sister's expenses, if you would be willing to share a tale or two." The name sounds to be Gilnean, and the way they are acting towards me definitely supports that theory. I won't reveal what I know yet, though. They may wish to keep it secret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ralof gulped loudly his last sip as he saw the young lady come downstairs without her armor. She wore black clothing, similar to Ralof's. Her movement looked more robust than elegant, and her posture gave away a well trained fighter. But his gaze was more caught by her blonde hair than anything else.. Those long, golden rivers of..

His thoughts were interrupted by her harsh question. She seemed to be gentle by the choice of words but one could easily tell the protective hostility in her tone. "Ralof Thoradin Cornwall, of House Cornwall, at your service my lady." he greeted her, ignoring her tone intentionally, and bowed before her like a gentleman of Old Kingdom. He was offended by the word 'harrass' the moment he heard it. "What do i look like?" he thought, irritated, but he just let the thought pass. "I look like a damned drunkard scumbag in a Light-forsaken piss hole.." he thought, looking around him. Her last statement gave him some relief, "No offense taken my lady." he said with a cheerful tone. Meanwhile he watched carefully for the outcome of Melenorn's offer, as Melissa obviously stated that would not be taken kindly.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    ((I am extremely sorry for not posting until now. Today was just a very hectic day, also mixed with some writers block, and that is a combination no RP'er deserves. Neither the author or the people waiting. Especially the people waiting.))

"Clara Lorraine Chesterfield at yours," Clara introduced herself, relaxing a tiny bit. If she had to find her sister talking to two strangers, it might as well be these two. At least they were polite. She did end up choking a bit on her tea at Melenorn's offer to pay for them in exchange for a few stories. Recomposing herself, she shook her head. "That's very kind, thank you, but I don't accept these sort of offers," she explained, slightly defensive. She leaned back. "...I could spare a story though."

"Tell the one you told me about when you and Geoffrey were in the Swamp of Sorrows a few months ago and you became completely lost and you went and picked a fight with a bog beast...or was it a dragon?"

Clara frowned at the memory. "Both, and I wasn't the one who started the fights."

"Oh, yes. Well, can I go and look at the bay?"

"As long as you stay out of peoples way and don't get yourself into trouble, yes," Clara watched as Melissa promptly got up and left, leaving behind an empty teacup. She turned back to her audience with a small sigh. "I appologize about her. Anyway, if you still want to hear it, I do, in fact, have a story."

10+ Year Old Account
    ((I want to make a private/closed RP, I can just start one correct with no issues?))

Sare felt uneasy, he wasn't the kind of troll that stayed in a one place for awhile, he eyed Ralof, "Would you like to join me on a journey mon'?" He then looked around the tavern as to convey that the question was directed at anyone. He looked back towards the human. "We could continue our story tellin' on da road... It would make it "more interestin' ".
    Hey everyone

((yeah you can open a private RP anytime. Just state OOC which people are allowed in and Tag the Thread with [Private RP]. Done. And since I don't want to post OOC only,...))

The Light falling into the Salty Sailor from the door, was blocked a short moment by a person entering, adorned in mostly black chainmail. Despite wearing massive plate boots, that went up all the way to his knee, the man moved almost silently. He was wearing a dark leather sheath on his back, if one looked closely it was black with a slight hint of red coloring. he also wore a weapon on the back of his belt.
    The chainmail shirt had short sleeves and the forarms protruding from them were musculous, but what was more noteable were a couple of scars all over the forearms of the man. Looking up to his face, one could see a slight green hue, emitting from his left eye. The right eye was covered by a black eyepatch, which most likely hid a hollow eyesocket. A massive, red-black scar ran from the mans forehead straight down under the eyepatch just up to his lower cheek. The otherwise delicate face had long pointy eyebrows and equally long ears. The man obviously was a bloodelf. When he entered the bar he nearly ran into a small girl just leaving the Tavern. He stoped abrubtly to not run into this small thing. He looked down angrily, but as his gaze was met, his facial features relaxed ever so slighty, one might even find the hint of a smile on his face.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2013-03-26 at 02:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    (( Of course you can, but Ralof is not the type of guy that would go on a trip with a troll. He may seem friendly here because this is a tavern and this place is aimed to provide a safe location in which people may interact, but outside that he considers horde members and sympatizers as enemies. But as you like to do a closed RP, and i would very much like to accept such an invitation, open up a sign-in thread and i will join there with a new character that i had in mind for some time, who may be more suitable for the occasion. You got my word on it. ))

"Fighting a dragon? That will definitely be interesting to hear." replied Ralof, taking another sip from his near-empty mug with a friendly smile on his face.

"Not just a dragon, but a bog beast thrown into the mix as well for added excitement!" Melenorn chuckled. He had noticed the new figure in the door, but he chose not to acknowledge him. If the blood elf wished to engage him he would gladly welcome the conversation, but right now he was more interested in hearing of this dragon-bog beast combo tale.

Darren's head perked up as he heard the troll. "A journey?" he said abruptly, then grimaced slightly as he realized he'd just interrupted their conversation. He joined them and grinned sheepishly. "My name is Darren; I am a battle-mage of the Kirin Tor. Pardon my interruption, but I heard you speak of a journey?" He glanced back at the kaldorei mage, who was now speaking with a little girl who'd accompanied the tavern's other latest arrival, then focused his attention back to those he was speaking to. "If you plan on heading out, I'd be glad to join you. This place has become rather too crowded for my taste either way."

((If you're making a private RP with Men, I'll join. ;D ))
    Pyromaniac protégé.