Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking outside the small window of the tavern, Ralof enjoyed the sight of the bay and sun. People came in and got out, circulating the living energy in the tavern. Ralof let out a deep sigh and started singing an old Kul Tiras sailor song:

"There was a ship that sailed
    all on the Baradin Sea,
    and the name of our ship
    was the Golden Vanity
    and we feared she would be taken
    by the Horde enemy
    as she sailed in the Baradin,
    Baradin, ho!
    as she sailed in the Baradin sea.

Then up stepped our cabin boy
    and boldly outspoke he
    and he said to our captain
    "what would you give to me
    If I would swim along side
    of the Horde enemy
    and sink her in the Baradin,
    Baradin, ho!
    and sink her in the Baradin, sea

"Oh, I would give you silver
    and I would give you gold,
    And my own fairest daughter
    your bonny bride shall be,
    If you will swim along side
    of the Horde enemy
    and sink her in the Baradin,
    Baradin, ho!
    And sink her in the Baradin sea.

The the boy he made him read
    And overboard sprang he
    and he swam alongside
    of the Horde enemy
    And with his brace and auger
    in her side he bored holes three,
    And he sunk her in the Baradin,
    Baradin, ho! ho!
    And he sunk her in the Baradin Sea.

Then quickly he swam back
    to the cheering of the crew
    But the captain would not heed him
    for his promise he did rue,
    and he scorned his poor entreatings
    when loudly he did sue,
    And he left him in the Baradin,
    Baradin, woe!
    And he left him in the Baradin Sea."

He coughed a bit, and a tear made its way out of his left eye. He knew the rest of this song very well, but he could not finish it. Somehow, it reminded him of something terrible, something bitter, something even he could not name, yet he felt it very strongly..
    Last edited by Mengucekli; 2013-04-18 at 01:07 PM.

"Pleasure to meet you, Jibashi. I am Catherine."

Catherine hesitantly grabbed the pipe with her nimble left hand.

"Hmmm.."

She looked back at the troll at first, still cautious about the item she had been given. She had ventured outside the city for a reason, and it was not to remain as passive as she was at home. She wanted the change of scenery, interaction, and experiences. Maybe if I just try a little... She took a short draw from the pipe, but she was not ready for how strong the smoke would feel in her lungs when she inhaled it. She fought the urge to cough, but the strain was visible in her eyes. It was a very unusual sensation for her.

"Uuuhh... Thank.. you, but I think that is enough for me."

Catherine handed the pipe back and took a light sip from her wine to try to rid herself from the taste of the smoke. It wasn't bad, but it was not for her. She eyed the pipe one last time, pleased that she didn't leave any dirt on it from her rotting fingers.

"You are brave to share something like this with a forsaken. Some might've believed they would catch my... state of undeath, or that they'd might get some forsaken germs on themselves."
    Last edited by dubbelbasse; 2013-04-18 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    "Hah, I'm sure if your condition was contagious, Catherine, I would'a gotten it a long time ago in Northrend." The troll smiled and took the pipe back, but wiped the mouth piece against the fabric of his trousers before taking another inhale of the smoke. "Didn't even catch a cold."

He blew another puff of smoke out and thoughts of food started filling his head. "Barkeep! The cook's still on duty, right? I fancy a Monster Omelette and sausage with dat!" He reached to his coin pouch and poured a pile of gold coins on the counter for the bartender. "Coffee too. An' don't over-do it with da milk."

"Comin' right up, mate..." The barkeep sighed and shot Jibashi a bored look, it seems that this wasn't the first time the troll was ordering late hangover breakfasts at the Salty Sailor.

"The food's not half bad here," Jibashi spoke to Catherine. "If dey got ta goblin cookin' I recommend de bear steak. O'dawise, stick wit da jungle stew."

While Jibashi was waiting for his meal, his attention was drawn to the lone human singing by the window. He didn't recognise the song, but something compelled him to listen to the story of the ill fated cabin boy.

"Wonder what keeps that poor sod up at night..." Jibashi murmured, partly to himself, partly to Catherine.
    Last edited by mmoc626163a888; 2013-04-18 at 10:24 PM.

Melenorn saw the human at the bar beckon him over, but lingered a moment. When he did make his way over, he saw the human ask another man to watch his belongings. "I will keep your belongings safe, human. You may trust me."

"Hmph."

Catherine didn't care about the food in the tavern, nor did she care about the human singing. She'd already had her dispute with him, and had no desire to start something. She shrugged at the troll and spoke low enough for only him to hear.

"I don't know, nor do I care to find out. Humans... I realize it might be hypocritical of me to say so, but they disgust me. It does not matter to them what kind has been through, somehow it is our fault we are no longer like them, are for that we must die."

Catherine sighed to herself. It wasn't exactly clear if she was speaking to Jibashi or to herself at this point.

"No matter the sacrifice and intent on our behalf.."

She looked up at the troll and smiled shyly. She hadn't intended to spin off, and when she realized she had she was slightly embarrassed. Perhaps the pipe had had some effect on her defenses. She did not enjoy the thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ralof grabbed his beard while being lost in the train of thoughts. He was content with his current life, but something felt amiss.. Something he could not name yet. "I need another drink." he murmured, but he remembered just how recently he over-drinked his share. He moved over to the bar and tried not to get in eye contact with anyone meanwhile. Sitting on one of the stools, he gestured the barman. Goblin came over and asked "What will it be?". Ralof answered softly "Bring me some lemons.".

Darren went to take another sip of his drink, but a sudden surge of nausea coursed through him and almost caused him to vomit. Shuddering, he placed the mug on the table and murmured a spell. He let the arcane magic wash over him and clear him of the alcohol's effects. The shift inside his body almost made him throw up a second time, and the young mage leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees, eyes closed and taking deep breaths.
    After what seemed like forever the nausea wore off and Darren straightened in his chair, giving the half-empty mug on the table a distasteful glare. That's the last time I'll drink that much... He glanced around the tavern, noticing little difference in his surroundings than before. His sharp blue eyes caught movement as one of the patrons, a bearded and well-armed human moved towards the bar. Curious in spite of himself, Darren stood up slowly and lowered his hood, revealing wavy brown hair. He checked to make sure his sword was still sheathed on his hip, then began to make his way back towards the bar. He slid on to one of the stools next to the man and faced the bartender. Nodding to the goblin, he was handed a mug filled with iced milk minutes later. He took a sip of the milk, allowing the icy-cold sensation to flow through him, then glanced at the man. "My name's Darren," he said in a low tone, hoping it would catch the man's attention.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ralof felt old, looking at the young man sitting next to him. He imagined nasty jokes about milk as he saw his order, but he dismissed the thought as he felt he was not in the mood at this time. "Pleased to meet you lad, name's Thoradin, but my friends call me Thor." he replied with a balanced voice. He realised that he was a much better man when he was sober. "Let's stick to that for the moment." he thought as he sliced a lemon in two with his tiny knife. Bringing the sour fruit to his lips, he licked the juice without any signs of distaste on his face.
    Last edited by Mengucekli; 2013-04-24 at 12:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Standing outside, with the noises from the busy tavern fading, Connor let his mind wander as he slowly looked around the harbor. The weather was not yet cold enough to make it uncomfortable standing there, nor yet so hot he'd long for cooling shades. In the distance he saw a ship departing, winds tearing at its sail giving it sufficient speed. The waves crashing at the docks below him had diminished enough to not splash the fishermen and others walking there. He felt strange not having his bow in immediate reach, it was a part of his identity. He shook his head slightly and the thought disappeared. His lightheadedness also diminished, without him really thinking about it. Must've been this fresh ocean air.
    The sun began to set as he pondered where he'd go next. Maybe I will give it one more day. If nothing, I've had the chance to meet some new faces. With that thought he went over to the tavern door again, and the noises that came from within busted towards him once more.
    Surrounded by idiots

Deleted
    ((First ever, go easy D: and hello everyone!))

The tavern door creaked slowly open and a young, human female cautiously stepped in. Becoming aware that there was no imminent threat in the room she straightened up and took in her surroundings. Long straight hair flowed down her back, it was a dark shade of brown with what appeared to be... almost glowing... streaks of purple throughout. Her face was fair and smooth to match her young age, twenty two years, she did not feel young though as signs of exhaustion displayed clearly around her eyes. The woman was wrapped in a travelling cloak, thick and warm for the coldest of winters yet once open it would be airy and free allowing its wearer to be cooled. Unless she had something concealed beneath her cloak there was no weaponry to be seen.

She stepped lightly to the bar and laid down a cloth bound bundle she was holding close to her chest as the goblin bartender came scurrying over.

"What'll it be, doll?" He croaked at her, almost flirtatiously.

Clearing her throat she simply said "Mead, please." She spoke in an elegant and soft tone.

"Comin' right up." The goblin replied as he took the coins she offered out to him. She did not care much for the alcoholic content of the drink, she just loved the taste of mead. It was her favourite. It was his favourite too... A thought came to mind, she quickly slammed her eyes shut and forced her mind into silence. Best not to think of that right now.

Scooping up the drink along with her cloth bound bundle she took a seat with her back against the wall and began to sip quietly, letting herself wander deep into thought and enjoying the taste of her memories.
    Last edited by mmoc1252a3496d; 2013-05-02 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ralof almost choked himself with the burning acidic juice of the fresh lemon, as he landed his gaze upon the newcomer: Long haired female with a stunning beauty and a tranquilizing voice, just the way he liked. He coughed up a few times and shook himself not to gaze directly. "Come on Ralof, it is very rude to look at someone like that, you know.." he thought as he recovered from his burning throat. He got up and flexed his shoulders, then moved towards the young lady and asked gently "Would you care if i would be company, my lady?".

Deleted
    Startled by the interruption she looked to her questioner and gathered herself as her thoughts grew smaller.

"I'm sorry? ...oh... why, yes, I suppose so, but that would depend entirely on your intent as my heart belongs to another." She gave him a wry smile to make the point clear "But by all means sit with me a while." Gesturing to the empty seat with an open hand. "what might I call you?"

10+ Year Old Account
    "Ralof Thoradin Cornwall, at your service my lady." he told as he bowed graciously. "But my friends call me Thor." he added as he sat down on the next stool. "No need to act so protective, my lady, no harm would come from me." he explained in a friendly manner, then he ordered a few more jungle fruits to snack on. Turning back at the lonely young lady, he asked "Now, if you would not mind, i would like to hear your name too.." and he paused for a moment, then with a grin on his face he continued ".. and more about the lucky gentleman too..".

Deleted
    "I'm...Ami" she replied, warming to the company "and as for he who holds my heart, you can call him Elyas" She broke eye contact at the mention of his name and looked down, almost wincing. Laying her empty hand lightly on her belongings she began to toy with the edge of the cloth as if to cover up her peculiar reaction.
    "Elyas is... not currently with me..." She breathed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ralof opened his mouth to say something, but suddenly stopped as he observed the young ladies' reaction as to his question. "How stupid you can get.." he thought as he grew angry with himself: It was obvious that something was amiss and asking such questions would only rouse agony. He bowed his head in front and said "Apologies for asking such questions..". It kind of reminded him his own loses: He had lost many people in the past too, so the pain in her eyes was quite familiar. Shaking off the bad feeling, he raised his head and in a stagy cheerfulness he said "Well, pleased to meet you Miss Ami. You should definitely try those mangoes, they taste perfect alongside honey mead." while handing the plateful of fruits to her.

Deleted
    Ami gave a weak smile and said "Not to worry, we will be reunited before long" Reaching for the plate of juicy looking fruit that had been offered to her she caught the bundle of belongings with her elbow which caused the wrapping to peel back and reveal it's content. Three age wriddled tomes lay there. The top book, lined with flakes of gold, could easily be read 'The art of resurrection' It had been kept in moderate condition, perhaps in a library. The middle book, however, was by far in the worst of shape, the spine was cracked and torn and the edges were discoloured as if it had gotten wet. Only one word could be made out from the spine 'Val'kyr' The final tome looked as if it had seen many an age come and go but yet held strong, the pages were black and radiating a strange glow of purple that felt both warm and cool. The lettering on the spine, some form of symbols, was not that of any language known to Azeroth, with perhaps what could be made out to be an 'X' and a 'Z' strewn throughout most of the words this was clearly some form of dark item.

Ami's eyes widened as looked between her uncovered items and Rolaf's eyes while hastily re-wrapping the books. "Like I said." She proclaimed loudly to draw his attention back to her "We will be reunited... Once I've gathered the knowledge and power to do so." Few commoners, or high lords and kings for that matter, were comfortable with such magic. Healers healed and Paladins blessed but ressurection by those not naturally imbued with such a class was a touchy subject. I will NOT leave him to rot in the ground. I need to see him again! She thought to herself while she awaited Ralof's reply.
    Last edited by mmoc1252a3496d; 2013-05-03 at 10:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Connor thanked the man for looking after this things for a short while. He quickly touched the bow as if to make sure it was still there. He then heard the tavern door creak slightly as it opened and saw a beautiful girl come in. Her dark brown hair reminded him of a woman he had met during a hunting trip a few years back. He saw her carrying a cloth bundle with her, but thought nothing of its content; None of my business is what it is. He turned back to the bar and asked the barkeep for today's specialty for supper. Maybe I should stay the night... His thoughts trailed off as he waited for the food.
    Surrounded by idiots

10+ Year Old Account
    Ralof was pleased to see her accepting his offer of fruits, untill.. His sharp eyes caught a reflection of light that came from a golden trim. His focusing gaze was divided for just a moment, just a split second, but what he saw could not be unseen. He could only read the word "resurrection" before she wrapped her books back in the clothing again, but that was more than enough for him. His mind was shocked and a chilling sweat glided down on his spine. He looked directly back at her eyes as Ami explained her intentions, with short and simple statements, yet they fell heavily on his mind and his heart. He gathered his thoughts again and suddenly checked around to know if anyone else saw what he did. That was no safe location for a young woman to carry such tomes. He saw no one, and a sigh of relief escaped his lips unintentionally. He scratched his beard, looking at the young lady before him, and thought of knocking some sense into her by a long and boring lecture.. Then he dismissed the thought "Maybe i will save that for later.. For now, let's take a different approach.".

He opened the clips and removed the contents of one of his larger leather pouches: Some bullet cartridges, a gyrochronatom, some wires and dried meat. He shook the dust off the pouch, then handed it over to Ami, saying "Here, please take this. You wouldn't want other people to pry into your affairs, especially at a place like this. It would be safer to carry your belongings in this.", meanwhile he eyed the surroundings once more. He took a deep breath and turned his gaze back at her, then said "Now, we may share a common.. Err.. Let's say, a common topic of interest. I want to tell you a story about this particular subject, which i assume would very much interest you.. But first, you must tell me where you are from, and since when you are seperated from this.. Elyas fellow..". He paused and looked at the young lady and added "If you are interested in such a subject, that is..".
    Last edited by Mengucekli; 2013-05-03 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    Ami's instant reaction was to decline but knowing the man would only insist she took the leather pouch from him and placed the collection of books inside, clasping it shut she breathed "Thank you, that is most gracious. It's not often I run into someone so kind... I suppose it's not often that I run into anyone at all actually..." She sighed and took a large mouthful of mead, this time for the alcohol content. "I suppose it's about time I spoke of my tale... it's been two years, two long years of wandering, yearning for power I did not posses, never quite reaching what I need but one day I will. One day i'll bring him back to me." Her eyes began to redden "It was during the time that Arthas monster was at large and those creatures would ravage across once safe to walk territories... we were travelling from a gathering in Eastern Redridge to the great harbor of Stormwind for a ship to take us home when they attacked..." A lone tear ran down her cheek "He... he wouldn't let me stay, I told him I could fight! I begged him to let me stay and help!" Tears now streamed down her face like the flow of a river "The last I remember he had sword in hand, those creatures no more than ten feet away he whispered to me 'I will find you again, I love you' and then I landed in the lake. By the time I had swam to the opposite bank the creatures had moved on... I could see the gleams of sunlight touching his fallen blade... I returned later and burried him on the shore of the lake where he sacrified himself for me..." She continued to weep, she gained onlookers from other tables but she could not care "I am sorry." She wailed "I've been so alone since that day and I've yet to speak of it till now. It's just not fair that those bastards took him from me... I have to see him again!"
    Last edited by mmoc1252a3496d; 2013-05-03 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "There, there.. No need to burst in tears now.." Ralof tried to calm her down, handing over a clean silken kerchief. He was blaming himself for rousing her pain again, but he had to know exactly when her friend died.. Thus if it would be possible to resurrect him or not. Without uttering a single word about the topic, he waited for a moment so that Ami could pull herself together again. He looked around once more and saw some of the other patrons of the tavern looking at them. He gazed rudely back at them, turning some away. More attention from others were the last thing they needed at that moment.

He took a deep breath and began telling his story: "So it seems it is my turn to tell you a story, eh? So be it. Well, let's say, some time in the past, there was a dukedom far far away to the north.. Duke had two brothers, who loved him above anyone else. But, the prodigal duke never cared much for his own safety, and was a very adventurous man too.. Someday, while he was adventuring, he saw a very beautiful lady falling from the sky. To save her, he had to risk a dangerous jump, which he did in all his recklessness.. He managed to save the lady, but not himself. He was gravely wounded, almost dead. The young lady wanted to save her saviour, but she was desperate and she felt powerless, just like you. So she decided to request help from duke's brothers.. Hey, you still with me?" suddenly he stopped telling the story and checked if Ami was still listening, then biting another mango, he continued "Well, imagine that the duke's elder brother was adept with secrets of nature and earth. He and his younger brother agreed to save their beloved elder brother. But their power was not enough. So they decided to use an old site of ancient power, to resurrect their brother. But, you see, this type of magic is never without a catch: When they reached the site and used its magic, some ancient evil possesed their brother, who, in turn, almost killed them all on sight. It seems that the site had power because it had an ancient evil trapped within. Nothing is without a purpose in this life, such is the same with that magic: To have something, you must pay something else in exchange. In their case, price was just too high..". He sighed, as his last sentences loaded his mind with memories, of which he tried to forget everyday. He proceeded to finish his fruit, meanwhile waiting for Ami to comment. "Maybe she would like to hear the rest of the story too.."