Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it just me, or did the Archeology drop rate just go way up?

I've been after Tyrandes Doll for a few weeks now, every night gaining about 10-20 more artifacts. I hit 164 when i complete a Troll artifact to show i can get the sword, i then complete a Tol'Vir artifact to show i can get the ring and what do you know, i do a night elf artifact and the Doll comes up. Not to mention the large number of Same spot artifact findings with 6 at a time showing up.

Anyone else having this or is it just my lucky night?

Hope so.

4 attempts and no Zin'rokh! C'mon numba 5!

Pretty sure you're just lucky bro

Deleted
    I just got the Tol'vir ring as my 3rd artifact from that race. But then again It was probably luck, I had insane luck on that day...
    (That day I discovered the epic Tol'vir ring, had 8 Tol'vir digsites in a row, got 3 keystones to sell for 700g each and found 2 rare mobs all in under 10 minutes)

But obviously I dont have anything to compare it with as before 4.0.6 I'd only done 2 Tol'vir artifacts....

I hope this is true though, I've spent far too long farming that damned Staff of Sorcerer-Thane Thaurissian.

The Ring of the Boy Emperor is actually quite common and easy to get.

But I am starting to get the idea they increased the chance on a Rare. Since the patch alone, I've gotten three rares: Zin'Rokh, Blessing of the Old God (as 3rd Nerubian artifact ever) and Nifflevar Bearded Axe (as 2nd Vrykul artifact ever). At 18 rares now, so the rares are getting more rare, so getting those three in short succession ... especially since my luck with the RNG has usually been negative .

Deleted
    Although we don't have any hard data yet, it would almost make sense for Blizzard to stealth buff the drop rates for the arch epics now, in the same way they held back pvp weapons - i.e. people getting something like zinrokh at the beginning of the expansion doesn't fit into their 'progression ideology'.

But now heroic raids have been cleared and a lot of people have entered raids and a huge number of people are in heroic dungeons, perhaps Blizzard felt the drop rates could be relaxed a bit.

I hope that's the case anyway, I've got a warrior alt which would love a nice new sword

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    Although we don't have any hard data yet, it would almost make sense for Blizzard to stealth buff the drop rates for the arch epics now, in the same way they held back pvp weapons - i.e. people getting something like zinrokh at the beginning of the expansion doesn't fit into their 'progression ideology'.

But now heroic raids have been cleared and a lot of people have entered raids and a huge number of people are in heroic dungeons, perhaps Blizzard felt the drop rates could be relaxed a bit.

I hope that's the case anyway, I've got a warrior alt which would love a nice new sword
    yep

but can we find some "official" (aka reliable) statistics for "droprates" on the rares at max skill, for archa? from pre 406? and one for post 406?

Deleted
    I have saw same. 4 Tol'Vir solve, Pendant of Scarab storm, hunted that nelf trinket to shammy healing, and ofc i got it now from nelf. Now just ring from tolvir.
    Maybe i should try the dwarf staff. Oh boy would love it <3

Deleted
    Nothing changed for me exept im getting mostly dwarf/fossil digsites. Yesterday i was farming for good 1 hour and made around 9 dwarf solves, few fossil and only 3 troll
    Atm sitting at:
    Dwarf - 122 solves
    Fossil - 89 solves
    NE - i think around 60 solves
    Troll - 186 solves

Switched to Outland yesterday to get my Diggerest achievement, and got the Last Stand of the Argus pretty fast for research, quickly followed by the Headdress of the First Shaman. I have no clue if those are common rares, though, but it does add up with my previous post.

Deleted
    You are extremely lucky But I once got both archeology mounts on the same day

I really hope so, but my guess is that you just were extremely lucky

Never farmed for about a month. Now, when 4.0.6 hit, I thought to try when was on stand by in a raid. Got Staff of Thane Thaurissian from the first solve. I already made a zin'rokh while doing arch achievements, so now Eastern Kingdoms are finally over for farming.
    Then got scarab pendant from 1 solve in tol'vir, but still no n elf trinket, going to farm some more now.

Deleted
    I got the tol'vir ring and the night elf doll the same day. Also some other stuff I don't remember. Well, the spawnrate of tol'vir sites went up, so getting the tol'vir is easier now.

10+ Year Old Account
    No doll for me still. I'm starting to lose faith as I've done over 200 solves already.

Quote Originally Posted by Italiano1 View Post
    I've been after Tyrandes Doll for a few weeks now, every night gaining about 10-20 more artifacts. I hit 164 when i complete a Troll artifact to show i can get the sword, i then complete a Tol'Vir artifact to show i can get the ring and what do you know, i do a night elf artifact and the Doll comes up. Not to mention the large number of Same spot artifact findings with 6 at a time showing up.

Anyone else having this or is it just my lucky night?
    I got Tyrande's Favorite Doll, Mummified Monkey Paw, and all 3 outlands rares in a single day. And 3 additional Tol'vir frags.

Now it is gonna bite me in the behind and won't ever find Zin'rokh.

nope, still plugging away at the doll, however i did get the blue battle tank last night.

im sure you just got super lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Fréyr View Post
    No doll for me still. I'm starting to lose faith as I've done over 200 solves already.
    200? I'm getting close to 500 :-P
    “There is no dark side of the Moon really… as a matter of fact it's all dark.”

Rare drops went up for me, made another post about it last week.

Yet since the patch I've been doing a few solves every night and have no rares to show for it.