Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thafisker View Post
    Transmute without a doubt. Doing Living Elements transmute(yes that is better on some servers including mine) giving a lot of gold each day.

Volatile life: 4g
    Volatile air: 32g

16 life->air=448g
    As transmute you get: (don't have the real numbers) 2-7 extra volatiles almost every day. Thats up to 200g almost every day as xmute master.
    as an elixer master i get an average of two extra flasks when making the 5 for a cauldron and on my server they sell for around 200g each so i would say elixer master is better and theres no cool down
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

jc+trasmuter = win

10k+ /1h in the ah.

i buyed meta recipe 54 agi 3% crit

for 20k yea 20k alot.. i was the first in the server with it... i already maked 35k...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Well yes at least on my realm. Wenn i hit maxskill i did some greengem tp bluegem transmutes... but the prices for the blues are waaaay below the prices of the greens. Everyone can cvreate greens: Miners, Juwelcrafters, Transmutes.... And many professions needs more greens than blues and there is the JW daylie wich needs greens too.

creating Metas i never ever got a multiprocc... dont know if the specification works on metas.
    You should only be transmuting carnelians, nightstones and hessonites.

All other gem transmutes (apart from metas, but I don't like the margins on them - if they don't sell for more than 162g you're losing money) are hardly ever viable and you should just cut the gems and vendor them (or make greens and de if the enchant mats are more profitable than the vendored gems).

I am elixir master only to give benefits for my guild.

I don't ever sell stuff from alch. I always feel that I am gonna use those mats some day for raiding.

I make a good amount from arch and dailies anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    It does I get 3 procs all the time, with a few 4 procs.
    by all the time you mean roughly 1 in 300 right? because chance of a 1 proc is 15%, 2 procs is 2.25% and 3 procs is 0.33~%

Quote Originally Posted by Fateofman View Post
    by all the time you mean roughly 1 in 300 right? because chance of a 1 proc is 15%, 2 procs is 2.25% and 3 procs is 0.33~%
    RNG gods bless one, and ignore others.
    Last time when I've transmuted metas I've got: x3, x6(!) x3 = 12 metas from 3 transmute
    I was one happy alchemist that day

And where are those percentages are coming from?
    Back in Wotlk the number of extras provided by elixir/potion/transmute mastery was ~25% in the long run. (not proc chance!)
    I've got pretty much the same result after making 100s of flasks on a daily basis after 3.3 shipped.

Has this changed in Cata?
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

I have several alchemists and they are all transmute. However, periodically I will change one to elixirs and make up a large quantity and then switch back to transmute. This works out well. (Can do same with potion specialization)

Deleted
    I'd say elixir. Was transmute before which also is quite good, but flasks are most profit imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuddly View Post
    Elixir or Transmute, hardly anyone uses pots (unless theyre doing HM's or super serious)
    do u like the proccs u get off ur trinkets u use when raiding,using the pots are the same as a raiding warrior the strength pot i use is excellent for some nice aditional dps

ot-if ur looking for a good money maker i have a transmuter and make a fortune on gems and bars.

Deleted
    It's only a matter of time now that all the big customers (i.e. raiding guilds) of flasks are going to be using their own cauldrons. At that point flasks are going to be as bad as potions.
    Wrong. I made a great deal of my money (from Elixer Master) making the flasks needed to make cauldrons, and then selling it to their guild Alchemists.

Because each Cauldron takes 1 of each flask (-spirit) selling flasks will always be profiable.

I'm Potion Master, for my self-benefit because I'm a Raider. Go go potion of Tol'vir!. - They sell really nice on the AH, make an easy 1k every couple of days. I proc like every 2-5 pots.

Transmute Spec has really gone down and sucks because you barely proc, especially waiting on the True Gold X-Mute. I made a good amount of gold in the release of Cataclysm because I was charging 400g for x-mute and extra 200g per proc. After mid January prices for the CD for Truegold has gone way down to 50g, and the meta's, gems don't sell as good.

Elixir Spec is okay, but many don't buy flasks, they are all giving the mats to the guild alchemists to get the 1k Flask achievement to get the Cauldron.

So at this moment and maybe for the rest of the Expansion Elixir Spec is maybe going to outsell Transmute Spec but not Potion spec.

---------- Post added 2011-02-20 at 01:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    Wrong. I made a great deal of my money (from Elixer Master) making the flasks needed to make cauldrons, and then selling it to their guild Alchemists.

Because each Cauldron takes 1 of each flask (-spirit) selling flasks will always be profiable.
    Need to remember, yes you will make some type of profit selling the Flasks, but I make a couple of thousand of gold every few days selling Herbs/Potions. People prefer buying the herbs and getting a Elixir Spec Alchemist to make it for them for extra flask procs.

On my server, the mats for flasks are far higher than their value. Most guilds likely have cauldrons at this point, so the only reason to be an elixir master is to help your guild get their achievement.

Potion master can make mana potions...and they sell quite well for slightly more than AH weed prices.

xmute master,
    volatile life = 10g
    Volatile anything else = ~20g

So maybe an extra 50g a day or something.
    Of course elements keep dropping steadily in price every day....

Long story short, it likely makes little diff...at least if you were on my server.

Deleted
    After partizan's comments earlier, I've now power leveled another alt to 525 alch and I'm just waiting for a guildy to run me through botanica for the pot mastery spec (I know about the transmute spec dodge, but there are no primals of any description on the AH on my realm).

I'm now very interested in what volumes people sell their pots/transmutes/elixirs and flasks in.

For my transmute spec'd alch, I shift up to 100 (cut) inferno rubies a day (seems to be just limited by the number of carnelians I can obtain) with very aggressive AH undercutting and my margins are at least 50g on each gem.

How many elixirs/flasks/pots are you guys shifting a day and of what type?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i've been transmuting truegold everyday for awhile as transmute master and have yet to see a truegold proc. Pretty dissapointed if you ask me, I'm considering just siwtching to elixir since RNG blows..
    PM me with any questions/concerns you may have.

I would go elixir. More reliable proc than transmute and people rarely use potions.

Deleted
    Atm elixir is the best sell but when the epic gems comes.... OH baby im all over the transmute.

I find elixer mastery very profitable, flasks sell 200g each, one 4x proc = 800g, ecspecially with the reduced mats cost for flasks

You guys' profit margins are off by a few too many zeroes for me...

I collected ~4500g on Sunday in AH sales, and fully expect it to be double that on a raid night. Transmute master + ore prospecting + cutting high profit gems = om nom nom.