Thread: Disc PvP

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disc PvP

Pretty sure there was/is a topic discussing this but I didn't feel like reading though all the comments and etc.But anyways to my point and question,I recently went disc and I am wondering what are the stats disc priest mainly focus on.And what gems choice is best,me myself like the buff to our shields,so I tend to go with some int/mastery,and stamia.So with that being said,any helpful advice is nice .

10+ Year Old Account
    Intellect, haste and resilience.

Resilience, resilience, resilience, intelect, spirit, then mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gem intellect where you can, but try to squeeze in as much haste as you possibly can.
    If you feel you're taking too much damage, switch for resilience stacking.

So blue sockets 20sp 20 spirit,red ???,and yellow resil?Alssooo,is it better to reforge mastery into another stat?
    Last edited by beegee2010; 2011-02-16 at 02:47 AM.

Int is red now.

im at 3720 resi (stacking resi with double 2set bonus) and im still going to go for more, still need weapons and a back, aswell as full vicious glad
    link to my desktop and laptop on imgur
    Speccs on desktop: MK Asus Sabertooth X58, 1x 1TB Western Digital RE4, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD Vertex3, CPU Core i7 950, 3,2GHz, Corsair 12GB DDR3
    2x GK PCIe GB GF GTX 580 3GB GDDR5 ( ) Corsair Obsidian 650D, PSU OCZ ZX-series 850W 80+ GOLD, 3x Samsung 22'' Screens
    And a 27" BenQ G2750

Quote Originally Posted by mootlix View Post
    Int is red now.
    Ya I know int is red,but should I get a 40 int or?as a disc priest.To fit red sockets
    Last edited by beegee2010; 2011-02-16 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuddly View Post
    im at 3720 resi (stacking resi with double 2set bonus) and im still going to go for more, still need weapons and a back, aswell as full vicious glad
    Just wondering why you'd prefer double 2 set, I thought that the 4 set freedom was superior now is it not?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    In 2v2 arena get 4% hit and the epic spell pen cloak so you can safely manaburn/minspike when you get the time. We are offensive and with the massive buffs we got we are able to pump out more than before.

Then you need resi. I have 3.4k and 4p healing set and I only die if I get massive zerged in BGS (I only die when oom in arena).
    I actually had a 1v1 vs a rogue for about 10 minutes in Gilneas. I couldnt kill him beacuse of recup but he had not a chance in hell of taking me down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    Intellect, haste and resilience.
    not haste sorry. you cannot reach a decent amount of haste without hugely sacrificing other important stats (like spirit).

spell pen (until cap) > hit (until cap)> spirit (until above 2k combat mana regen) > intellect / resi > crit > haste > attack power > mastery

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 09:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Niente View Post
    Resilience, resilience, resilience, intelect, spirit, then mastery.
    never, ever, ever go for mastery in pvp. shield dispelled = mastery useless

Quote Originally Posted by abbot View Post
    not haste sorry. you cannot reach a decent amount of haste without hugely sacrificing other important stats (like spirit).

spell pen (until cap) > hit (until cap)> spirit (until above 2k combat mana regen) > intellect / resi > crit > haste > attack power > mastery

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 09:10 AM ----------

never, ever, ever go for mastery in pvp. shield dispelled = mastery useless
    I would take before crit in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanéssa View Post
    Just wondering why you'd prefer double 2 set, I thought that the 4 set freedom was superior now is it not?
    9/10 They go for my mate and a 4second "freedom" ? no its a 4 second "ghostwolf effect" freedom makes you immune to all slowing effect thus making paladins for example retain their 15% extra movement speed. i'd rather take that 400 extra resi.
    Speccs on desktop: MK Asus Sabertooth X58, 1x 1TB Western Digital RE4, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD Vertex3, CPU Core i7 950, 3,2GHz, Corsair 12GB DDR3
    2x GK PCIe GB GF GTX 580 3GB GDDR5 ( ) Corsair Obsidian 650D, PSU OCZ ZX-series 850W 80+ GOLD, 3x Samsung 22'' Screens
    And a 27" BenQ G2750

10+ Year Old Account
    9/10 They go for my mate and a 4second "freedom" ? no its a 4 second "ghostwolf effect" freedom makes you immune to all slowing effect thus making paladins for example retain their 15% extra movement speed. i'd rather take that 400 extra resi.
    This is why you've never been over 1500 rating
    Triple mage, Triple fun!

High and low rated PvP videos. Intention of being fun and educating (at times)

While personally i like the 400 resil over the 4 set, your though process of not liking the 4 set because they don't target you and would rather take resilience doesn't really make sense, as resil is only effective if they target you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    While personally i like the 400 resil over the 4 set, your though process of not liking the 4 set because they don't target you and would rather take resilience doesn't really make sense, as resil is only effective if they target you.
    good one )))

But also when they do target me i can pretty much soak anything they throw at me, then they give up and go for my mate, i've been over 1500 just not on this toon as i rerolled this at the start of cata don't presume you know everything just by checking armory.
    And a 27" BenQ G2750

No offense, but 4 piece mooncloth has way more utility than 400 resilience and is just way more game breaking.

A few examples:

- Hunter drops a frost trap on you and starts unloading. With 4 piece bonus, you can shield and run out of the frost trap and get out of LOS. Without 4 piece bonus, you are running in slow motion while the Hunter can stand still and PVE rotation into you.

- DK grips you into the open and has desecration down. With 4 piece bonus, you can run back to LOS or pillar while calling for a peel. Without 4 piece bonus, you are stuck in the open in desecration, even if the DK gets CCed.

- Rogue + Ret Paladin stun and burst you inside a smoke bomb. With 4 piece bonus, you can trinket, shield, and then run out of the smoke bomb so that your partners can peel for you. Without 4 piece bonus, you trinket the stun, but you instantly get resnared and you die because you can't walk out of the smoke bomb fast enough.

- Warlock fears you out of LOS of your teammates, puts curse of exhaustion snare on you, and the enemy team proceeds to burst down one of your teammates. With 4 piece bonus, you are able to move back into LOS fast enough to save your teammate. Without 4 piece bonus, your teammate dies because you got unlucky with fear pathing.

- Warrior is on you with hamstring while your partners call for you to fear the enemy healer so they can get a kill. With 4 piece bonus, you have a much better chance of actually fearing the enemy healer. Without 4 piece bonus, you have almost zero chance of getting the fear off because even if the warrior gets CCed, hamstring is still on you.

I could go on and on forever with examples. The point is that if you are playing at a high level and you try 4 piece mooncloth bonus for a while, you won't want to go back to 2 piece / 2 piece.
    Last edited by Evrx; 2011-02-16 at 07:16 PM.

^^this to the max.

i have been fooling around with holy pvp (i LOVE it). but one thing i notice about disc pvp vs holy pvp is that disc doesnt NEED to gem and chant for spirit as much as holy. =(

Wow, what priest wouldn't use the new 4-piece lol? We were the last healer to finally get a "freedom" ability, and you're not gonna use it? We can finally kite DKs, Rogues, and warriors. Because of this 4-piece bonus is why I'm finally having very much an easier time beating DK teams in 2s.