Thread: Silly gankers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I was questing in Twilight Highlands as my Prot paladin at 85 when an 85 Arms warrior tried to gank me.
    I was fighting 2 mobs at the time but that helped me proc reckoning so I managed to kill him.

30 mins later I'm down in that mine with the Goblin quest NPC and I see the same warrior. I /bow to him and continue questing / mining. A Death Knight shows up. I pull a couple of mobs, they charge me. I beat them again.
    They respawn a few minutes later and the Death Knight doesn't even regen before they attack me. I win... again.

They left me alone after that. Silly Gankers =>

Oh, I forgot my actual 'Silly Gankers' story and it's recent:

Not wanting to pay the ridiculous prices people are asking for the crafted spell mail set, I decide that it's time to power-level leatherworking the hard way. Unfortunately, my only skinner/engineer (for the volatile bonus) is my 80 hunter. I don't like this alt (I'm decent enough with it but I don't like it); it's all I have that's remotely close to what I need. I join up with my fresh 85 ele shaman comrade (also a veteran PvPer) and we head off to Twilight Highlands since it's the best option for leather and I struggle to kill one mob on my own (I didn't know about the bat groups at the time). I also have the advantage of more resilience return what with my still being 80 and wearing S7.
    Some 85 rogue passes by overhead. I make a mental note as we continue our grind. The shaman is sapped. The rogue opens on me: trinket, scattershot, disengage, concussive and serpent sting/frost/snakes. The rest is gravy as the shaman waits on the sap to wear off before laying on the damage while I kite. We continue our safari with my pet now on aggressive. The rogue tries to sap me and the pet outs him. Rinse and repeat. I decide to show this rogue no respect. I stand on a flare/snake trap. Like clockwork, the rogue is outted, kited and killed though this time, the shaman did most of the kiting as he quickly switched after blinding me. The rogue does not return.
    Around ten minutes later, an 85 warrior (rogue's main, no doubt) lands and beelines for the shaman. Another easy kite with launched traps and concussive. He tries once more and fails before we're left in peace. Poor guy:/

10+ Year Old Account
    This hunter tried to gank me today...I'm a prot pally . He was the worst at kiting there is. I killed him, he rezed back at his rez spot, so I move on to my dailies. I get to the place with that foreman guy u gotta kill and hes there attacking some dk, we kill him. Same thing happens, I move on to rustberg village and the same hunter was attacking a shaman at the village, we kill him. Then about to minutes later i got a message from a level 1:
    "WTF DID U DO THAT FOR, LET ME KILL THESE PEOPLE IN PEACE JESUS CHRIST! LET ME HAVE MY FUN AND I'LL LET U HAVE URS"
    Oh the fun.
    Last edited by kortin; 2011-02-16 at 10:05 PM.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

10+ Year Old Account
    My wife was levelling her alt Shaman lvl 44 just about to leave Dustwallow Marsh when she was ganked half a dozen times by 44 Pally 44 Warlock and a 45 Hunter, I came to the rescue on my 85 Prot Pally killing them the same amount of times as they killed my wife. Later that night when i was going to run her thru Strathholme I got asked to tank a Random Heroic with my guildies so i queued mid flight finished the dungeon and the flight put me at the next closest flight point when i landed there all 3 of the gankers were sitting there afk....... /grin.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vixenne View Post
    I tried to gank a prot paladin once, I died.

Lesson learned.
    Protadins? I could possibly kite that one around whole TBP. Twice. Then one of us probably would get bored.