Deleted

Starting in 25man hc - continues in 10man normal, is it possible?

So the question is:
    1st boss: Halfus Heroic 25.
    After the kill, can we split to 2x 10man raid and continue it in normal?
    Thx for the help.

Yes, downgrading difficulty is possible.
    Size of the raid can be changed with no restrictions (for example one group could go for hero one for normal).

You can change the hc/normal mode AND downsize? I thought once you had done a boss in HC mode, then you were locked to that raid size. E.g. You had done Halfus in 25 hc you need to do all bosses in 25 man mode, though you can switch from hc to normal and back again...

Quote Originally Posted by Butterball View Post
    You can change the hc/normal mode AND downsize? I thought once you had done a boss in HC mode, then you were locked to that raid size. E.g. You had done Halfus in 25 hc you need to do all bosses in 25 man mode, though you can switch from hc to normal and back again...
    this is wrong. u can change to 10 man whatever if you want
    Sup

From http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-system-in-401

While players can freely move between raids of different sizes in normal difficulty, there are some additional rules for Heroic difficulty. If a 10- or 25-player raid defeats a boss on Heroic difficulty, then those players may now only raid additional Heroic encounters with that specific raid. If your Heroic 25-player raid defeats the first four bosses of Icecrown Citadel on Heroic, then they may not split up into two 10-player raids and continue to fight in Heroic difficulty. You may also not join someone else's raid if they have defeated a Heroic encounter.
    Not sure if this was only for ICC though

unless it's changed (i didn't read anything about that) or bugged, once you kill a boss in heroic you are locked to that raid size but you can still change difficulty (heroic -> normal and viceversa)

Edit: forgot that xD as said below, you can still do normal modes on a different lockout, just not heroic
    Last edited by Shuyin; 2011-02-16 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuyin View Post
    unless it's changed (i didn't read anything about that) or bugged, once you kill a boss in heroic you are locked to that raid size but you can still change difficulty (heroic -> normal and viceversa)
    If you kill a Heroic boss on 25 you can only do 10 man normal content after. Seeing that Valiona and Theralion are still LOLWTFBRIXWALL on 10-man Heroic you won't have any problems finishing with 2x10-man raids on normal.