Deleted

GTA 4 - Vice City

I haven't heard anything from the Rockstar folks, but I'm pretty sure the next Grand Theft Auto game will be a revamped Vice City. Discuss.

GTA 1: 6 levels, Liberty City, Vice City & San Andreas

GTA 2: Weird, nothing to do with the line-up

GTA 3: Liberty City: first 3D gta game
    GTA 3: Vice City
    GTA 3: San Andreas

GTA 4: Liberty City

You mean GTA 5? I hope its Vice City. Its based on where I live, and I think the feel in vice city was the best of the series. The music was the best too.

Deleted
    Wrong forum.

But I was never a huge fan of the games after vice city, the game itself was always pretty dull and the novelty of running around killing people had worn off after that. Maybe if they had some good DLC to add some sci fi twists to it at random, that could be fun.

I only enjoyed the first GTA w/e it was (the first for xbox that is). It was all new and the concept was pretty sick. Now its been overdone and it became boring. Kinda like wow =P
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

I would love to see a revamped vice city for sure, it was always my favorite of the series by far. What leads you to believe this will be the case though? any source info?

I kinda want Rockstar to do other games though. Red Dead Redemption is definitely their best game they have ever made. I'm hoping L.A Noire will be good too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    What leads you to believe this will be the case though? any source info?
    I fits in the normal order. GTA 3 was Liberty, Vice, Andreas. GTA 4 was Liberty City. Vice should be next!

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Video Games forum. Please post in the appropriate forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    I would love to see a revamped vice city for sure, it was always my favorite of the series by far.
    A lot of people feel like Vice City was the coolest GTA, even after GTA 4 - Liberty City. That's why I think they'll revamp Vice City, maybe in a few years though;

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    I'm hoping L.A Noire will be good too.
    I'm hoping that title will eventually come to PCs >_<
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaloezie View Post
    A lot of people feel like Vice City was the coolest GTA, even after GTA 4 - Liberty City. That's why I think they'll revamp Vice City, maybe in a few years though;
    Yeah, with the success of Red Dead Redemption they can't ignore that people want a sequal/prequal or more DLC for it, and if L.A Noire is a success they will most certainly develop some DLC for it. That means we may not see a new GTA or a revapmed GTA for a couple of years. But I sure hope they announce something later this year or early next year!

Deleted
    I'm very excited too GTA 5 with SA would be sooo awesome!!

Deleted
    IMO vice city was the worst GTA so I would definitely prefer something completely different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    I'm very excited too GTA 5 with SA would be sooo awesome!!
    You mean GTA 4 with San Andreas. GTA 5 would normally start off with a new Liberty City. Maybe in 15 years, with a 3d helmet or sumtin.

I'd love a revamped Vice City as a GTA IV sequel. It was my favorite GTA game, loved the environment, the story, the music, etc...
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-02-16 at 04:32 PM.

I think one of the best parts of Vice City was being able to buy property likes houses/mansions and I'm pretty sure you were able to buy the strip club? I loved having the mansion and the speed boat out back. The missions were so much funner too..

What I'm worried about is that the same thing that happened to Liberty City will happen with Vice City. The new GTA 4 revamp of Liberty City was fun and all, but I think the original Liberty City was actually better. Just like the original Vice City was great but the new revamp of it could be a flop.

Deleted
    You could buy houses/mansions in San Andreas too. The big difference with Vice City (apart from the obvious rise of technology) is that San Andreas was a gangster east-coast west-coast story, while Vice City was all about Scarface and mafia.