Tracking Shadowy Apparitions

It is starting to annoy me how I cannot track how much damage these do on recount. I heard you might be able to track these on Skada so can anyone confirm/deny this? Also if you can track it on skada (or some other addon) can you explain how to do it please.

Try configure recount to don't merge pet with their owners.

Maybe it works

Quote Originally Posted by ricorav View Post
    Try configure recount to don't merge pet with their owners.

Maybe it works
    Unless they did a change to recount recently this sadly doesn't work either. I agree on the frustrations about not getting any tracking for the apparitions.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Skada. Enough said.
    -.-

I believe they do track if you are the only spriest in group/raid. Otherwise, when there is more than one, the numbers you are getting in recount will be skewed because it will add the other spriest's clones to your damage as well.

This is because atm combat logs do not differentiate who the owner of the Shadow App is from.

Quote Originally Posted by Selinax View Post
    I believe they do track if you are the only spriest in group/raid. Otherwise, when there is more than one, the numbers you are getting in recount will be skewed because it will add the other spriest's clones to your damage as well.

This is because atm combat logs do not differentiate who the owner of the Shadow App is from.
    That was my understanding as well but I was looking at my recount data last night while I was raiding and there was no information showing for them. Nothing listed as "other" or anything else either.

This skada thing you speak of... does it take more resources than recount to run?

Skada tracks your own shadow apps, and everyone else is attributed to a Shadowy Apparition entity in the meter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Skada 1, Recount 34523 :P

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Thx for all the good responses guys. Anyone have any tips on how to use skada? I downloaded it once but i had to get rid of it cause it was too complicated (at the time I was angry and sleep deprived )

15+ Year Old Account
    TBH I don't know how Recount shows it. I'm thinking that maybe it just assigns it to the shadow priest automatically or splits it between 2 if there's more than one in a raid. I know that Newnoise and I are always higher on my recount than WoL, though.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests