Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Thank you Blizzard, for ruining PC game prices.

One of the reasons I quit console games is because of the price of the games. 60 dollars for a video game is just too ridiculous, and console games ranged from 40-50 dollars. Well then Blizzard comes out with Starcraft II at 59.99, and it seems that their greed has spread to other game companies as well. I really want to play Dead Space 2 but there is no way possible that it's worth 60 dollars, no game is. I just want to thank Blizzard for single-handedly permantly raising the prices on PC games with their stupid Starcraft II game. Thanks Blizz, your greed makes the god damn world go round.

/rant

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you really think it's Blizzards fault then more fool you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    If you really think it's Blizzards fault then more fool you.
    Then who's fault would it be, what PC game was 60 dollars before Starcraft II?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorcane View Post
    Then who's fault would it be, what PC game was 60 dollars before Starcraft II?
    Sc2 deserved the pricetag it had a HUGE amount of money that was sank into it. atleast 3-4 time any other game that goes at $60

Quote Originally Posted by Allìus View Post
    Sc2 deserved the pricetag it had a HUGE amount of money that was sank into it. atleast 3-4 time any other game that goes at $60
    Starcraft II didn't cost that much to make. It was the complete overhaul of battle.net. And anyway, Blizzard makes at least 170 million dollars a month from World of Warcraft, not mentioning the people that actually buy the game+expansions, so where the hell does that money go? People were getting on fine selling the games at 50 dollar each. Selling them at 60 is just showing how greedy those rich fat-ass CEOs are.

Deleted
    I dont know where uve been the past 20 years,but games has always cost around 30-60 dollars.
    And i have no clue what blizz has to do with this. It's like the steam games i bought CoD MW2 for 59,9 Euros,and as far as i know it was out before sc2.
    And by all means,blizzard has the right to put such prices,why? Cuz they keep their games clean and updated,but yeah,SC2 was a tad high priced but nothing unexpected. I aint rich or anything,i struggle to keep myself and my life together,but i save up for games or just simply wait til they are cheaper.
    Even Sega,PSX,Nintendo 64,Super Nintendo etc had games that ranged from 30-50 dollars...its no shock really.

Start saving for what you want.

And It aint the companies that get the whole 60 dollars/59 euros btw,its alot in between..

When developers invest millions of dollars into a product, they need a way to recoup that investment. HD quality console gaming has a $60 tag and everyone should know that higher-end quality PC games may also share that price point.

You can either wait until the price goes down or choose not to buy it. Both of those decisions are much more effective than whining on an internet forum.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I live in australia, games are 100$ plus here. Getting cata online was quite cheap =D.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allìus View Post
    It's also one of the best games I've ever played. I'd happily buy it again if it came to it.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    SC2 wasn't the first game to have the price tag of $60. Do some research first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Market is driven by demand. If you are balming Blizzard for driving up market prices, stop. Blizzard did market analisis and dicided that they can comfortably sell the game at $60. If no one would buy it, then they would drop the price, but sicne they sold a kazillion copies, you cant blame them for it. There was huge demand for it.

It is also the same reason why Gold doesnt sell at the same price as Tin. This is why Whole Foods stores have become more popular since the "health foods craze".

It is all about Demand. Take an econimics class. Butter v.s Guns, Brah.

10+ Year Old Account
    SC2 was 60 dollars, you seriously complaining about it? Considering SC2 was one of the better games released I feel they should have charged 75 dollars, they were literally working on the game pretty much 6+ years ago. Will people never learn? If you really want video game prices to be cheap then tell computer game company's to start being like EA that will show ya.
    "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something"

about the same as blaming Porsche for the price of volvo cars.

lol complain about prices? mow lawns? pull weeds? do extra chores around the house? Get a job? seriously this generation has a bad name from lazy people like yourself

Dont forget to look under your bed and check your closet tonight, those big fat CEO's might be hiding in your room so they can steel your moneys and smother your dog while you asleep.

Modern Warfare 2 released Nov 10, 2009 at a 60 dollar price tag. Others would argue that it did MANY other things that "ruined" PC gaming.

Blizzard released SC2 at the same price point for one of the best PC games in years. I'm ok with it.

No game is worth $60, but the OP is posting on WoW forums?

Vanilla + BC + LK + Cata = $120.
    $120 + ($15 * month) = Well Over $60

=/

Quote Originally Posted by Syvala View Post
    I dont know where uve been the past 20 years,but games has always cost around 30-60 dollars.
    And i have no clue what blizz has to do with this. It's like the steam games i bought CoD MW2 for 59,9 Euros,and as far as i know it was out before sc2.
    And by all means,blizzard has the right to put such prices,why? Cuz they keep their games clean and updated,but yeah,SC2 was a tad high priced but nothing unexpected. I aint rich or anything,i struggle to keep myself and my life together,but i save up for games or just simply wait til they are cheaper.
    Even Sega,PSX,Nintendo 64,Super Nintendo etc had games that ranged from 30-50 dollars...its no shock really.

Start saving for what you want.

And It aint the companies that get the whole 60 dollars/59 euros btw,its alot in between..
    There is a super HUGE difference between 30 and 60 dollars. Most games would be worth 30 dollars, but when you have to pay out 60 dollars for a game that lasts 8 hours at most, it's not a very good trade-off. Look at Valve, they sold the Orange Box for 40 dollars and they didn't seem to have too much trouble staying in business. Hell Portal 2 is only gonna be 50 dollars, and will Valve go out of business because they didn't sell their game at 60 dollars? No, they will not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorcane View Post
    Starcraft II didn't cost that much to make. It was the complete overhaul of battle.net. And anyway, Blizzard makes at least 170 million dollars a month from World of Warcraft, not mentioning the people that actually buy the game+expansions, so where the hell does that money go? People were getting on fine selling the games at 50 dollar each. Selling them at 60 is just showing how greedy those rich fat-ass CEOs are.
    Economics 101:
    Gross Sales =/= Net Profit

Stood in the Fire StendhalSyndrom's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Un-United States, In the newest of Yorks, on the Isle of Long, roaming the Eastern Meadows.
    I remember paying $39.99 for Mario Brothers 3 for the NES when it was released back in 1990 (and it may have even been on sale if you bought the Nintendo Power Guide w/ it.) so if in 20 years games have only gone up $20 (not even in all cases some are still $30-$50) and the quality has gone up 100x can you really complain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    "Oh yeah?" said Rhonin. "Well, I've got Reginald Whipplebottom the Fourth, here." As he said this, he brandished his right fist. "And I've got Agamemnon W. Jackson, as well," he said, indicating his left fist. "And they brought their buddy, Peter T. Thickness, the Piston of Devastation." As he said this, he did a pelvic thrust, in case it wasn't clear that he was talking about his penis.