Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haydude View Post
    I'm a little wary by Blizzard throwing out that priests in general have some kind of cooldown advantage. Disc is in a good spot with Pain Suppression, Power Infusion, PW:Barrier and Divine Hymn.
    Holy, on the other hand, only has Guardian Spirit and Divine Hymn, and Divine Hymn is basically a much shittier version of Tranquility.

Not saying resto druids and shamans don't need some cooldown help, but I find it annoyed they say "when compared to priests" when Holy priests could use some cooldown help too, honestly.
    By cooldown I am almost certain that what is being referred to is some method to prevent tank death on a reasonably short cooldown which can be mixed with what other classes can offer and can be used multiple times per encounter.

Currently, Druids and Shaman offer nothing of this sort so the term "compared to Priests" is certainly fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have fucking stopped playing discipline priest and holy priest simply due to the fact that they SUCK ASS right now, the only spell for discipline that can keep up healing against the mass of damage our team takes in a regular 5 man dungeon, is... drum roll... FLASH HEAL, it currently costs over 5k mana, and casts in around 1.3sec with around 600 haste or something more.
    What else can we cast? Penance, ok, that costs shit loads of mana, has a long cd timer on it, and is usually never ready for use when its really needed, also, it sucks as if the tank really needs healing, and that fast, Penance only gets in 1 heal (3k - 5k health), and sap, the tank is dead.
    So, now we have 1 more healing spell, what is that? oh, that is called Heal, it costs over 2k - 3k mana, and cast time is 2.3sec with over 1000 haste. Now, this is really not a valid healing spell, as it only heals for less then 7k health, witch sounds awesome at first, until you step into a dungeon for the first time and find yourself going oom after every single group pull because people just simply cannot believe that Crowd Control is actually something GOOD TO USE!

Blizzard, if you really want to make things hard and still have people play discipline, see to it that you fucking change some of the cast times on the spells, and halven all the mana costs. It is not playable the way you are fucking your players right now!

Wasn't better to introduce a cap at number of target that can be shielded at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Tantric View Post
    Shadow priests use shield for protection... now it costs more... indirect nerf...

OT:

Why do they constantly do things like this? Is there a hidden army of Disc Priests crying about how shielding people is not fun or engaging? I doubt it. Who cares if they can bubble and it works? Why not remove disc all together, and just make them Holy, since they are sucking every bit of uniqueness from every class...
    In a word: Yes.

Deleted
    Hum and one week or two weeks after we will see a chaman nerf about purification working only on direct spells because of healing Rain+ passive earthliving spamming.
    Last edited by mmocc908001abe; 2011-02-16 at 06:51 PM.

Yay! Finally my shaman get some love!

^ This would be a MUCH better solution

Quote Originally Posted by Hulrique View Post
    WTB Holy paladin buffs.

Blizzard is retarded not balancing anything on us.
    We need a big buff in PvP.
    Are you serious?
    I'm guessing ur a 1300 allstar...

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 06:53 PM ----------

If they are going to do this to disc priests. then they need to move Improved Power Word: Shield farther down in the Disc tree. Holy priests shouldn't have the same shielding ability as disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatela View Post
    By cooldown I am almost certain that what is being referred to is some method to prevent tank death on a reasonably short cooldown which can be mixed with what other classes can offer and can be used multiple times per encounter.

Currently, Druids and Shaman offer nothing of this sort so the term "compared to Priests" is certainly fair.
    I suppose it could just be a matter of semantics, but they specifically said "healing cooldown" which I would most definitely file Tree of Life and Tranquility under, as well as Divine Hymn and the like. Guardian Spirit is a hell of a powerful cooldown, but as you said it just prevents one tank death, while tranquility heals up most of a small raid to full and divine hymn fills up part of a small raid to half.

Again it could just be semantics and they're not communicating exactly what they meant by cooldown properly, but in the blanket discussion of "healing" cooldowns Holy Priests could use some love with divine hymn if they're going to compare it to resto druids. Even more so if resto druids end up getting a cooldown on the level of guardian spirit, as then they'll have similar cooldowns but holy priests will have the weaker spell for a raid healing cooldown.

As for shaman, they just need all the help they can get right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    In a word: Yes.

Actually I see like 3 people complaining about it in that thread.... No one else seems to care.

Quote Originally Posted by druidonroids View Post
    Wow, so much for pvp now shamans rise to the top even stronger than before...like they werent over powered and already hard as shit to kill in arenas.... 1 out of every 3 healers who makes it to the top 50 bracket is a shaman.....1 out of every 4 is a druid, 1 out of every 5 is a pally, and surprisngly last place for healers right now is priest, 1 out of every 6 healers will be a priest. I have all viable evidence for this on my forum post in the arena forums.
    You know, your numbers don't add up...just sayin..

10+ Year Old Account
    I effing love you Blizz. Thank you for realizing that Shamans and Druids are being looked over when there are priests and palys.
    <3
    Mmmm moar cds.

Hm. Glad to see shamans getting some help. So where the holy pally nerf?? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sxawesome View Post
    Finally... Been waiting for the shaman changes for a while. Now only elemental left to fix!
    there is nothing wrong with elemental there bud

Mages

The cooldown of Ice Lance is being increased to 10 seconds. While we wanted Frost Mages to be able to utilize this spell with better results, we also did not want it to be the main spell (and often the only spell) used while in groups. We don’t find this to be a particularly compelling playstyle and have found that it encourages players to avoid using other spells.

oh look I fixed it

10+ Year Old Account
    Not happy with priest changes .. PW : S should be the main spell as most talents are focused around it, and skills like heal are a 2.6 second cast.. not happy at all

Quote Originally Posted by Hulrique View Post
    WTB Holy paladin buffs.

Blizzard is retarded not balancing anything on us.
    We need a big buff in PvP.
    Really? pally's are the best in both worlds right now in my experience

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wiIdi View Post
    Mages

The cooldown of Ice Lance is being increased to 10 seconds. While we wanted Frost Mages to be able to utilize this spell with better results, we also did not want it to be the main spell (and often the only spell) used while in groups. We don’t find this to be a particularly compelling playstyle and have found that it encourages players to avoid using other spells.

oh look I fixed it
    Looks good to me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haydude View Post
    I suppose it could just be a matter of semantics, but they specifically said "healing cooldown" which I would most definitely file Tree of Life and Tranquility under, as well as Divine Hymn and the like. Guardian Spirit is a hell of a powerful cooldown, but as you said it just prevents one tank death, while tranquility heals up most of a small raid to full and divine hymn fills up part of a small raid to half.

Again it could just be semantics and they're not communicating exactly what they meant by cooldown properly, but in the blanket discussion of "healing" cooldowns Holy Priests could use some love with divine hymn if they're going to compare it to resto druids. Even more so if resto druids end up getting a cooldown on the level of guardian spirit, as then they'll have similar cooldowns but holy priests will have the weaker spell for a raid healing cooldown.

As for shaman, they just need all the help they can get right now.
    I would be very surprised if Tranquility and Divine Hymn remain as they are currently with this change; it is highly likely that either Tranquility will be reduced or Divine Hymn increased in through-put so as to better balance these cooldowns which remain distinct from other abilities as they can only be used once per encounter the vast majority of time. They may be better likened to Soulstone or Rebirth where usage is restricted (both by differing means however).

I would just like to clarify that Tree of Life really cannot be listed as a cooldown in the sense of PW:B, Aura Mastery or GS. Tree of Life, to be utilised as a raid cooldown, requires a high ramp up time (the distribution of Lifebloom over the raid members) and offers no other tools to try and save a tank, less the use of an inordinate amount of mana spamming instant cast Regrowth. No other "cooldown" offers such a double edged nature which requires a paradigm shift in playstyle and a high penalty if used to quickly attempt to prevent a death.

In fact, Tree of Life is better likened to a mana regeneration cooldown for periods of standard damage as Rejuvenation can be substituted at this point to the less expensive Lifebloom.

Yes, it is a matter of semantics, but these semantics are important when trying to distinguish the relative worth of healers - perhaps with these changes they may actually give druids a means to deal with burst AoE damage in addition to a proper healing cooldown.

As a Holy priest I have no problems with this at all.

As a pvp disc priest this might not be such a good thing