Did Everquest use the same keyboard shortcut setup as WoW?

WoW is my first MMORPG that I have played since the end of Vanilla, however last night I played a beta of a different intellectual property that will remain nameless.

Every muscle memory twitch I had from WoW worked on this particular game (i.e 'c' for character screen, 'o' for social panel, 'n' for talent tree, 'p' for spell-book, 'shift+b' to open bags, etc.).

Since the bulk of new MMORPG's mimic WoW, did the game that WoW used heavily for inspiration have very similar keyboard shortcuts?

Deleted
    Is this game Everquest by any chance? Just a guess!

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the Keybinds in WoW and other MMORPGs use the most obvious letter as shortcut so it's easier to remember for people or to guess correctly on the spot if they dont want to or have time to look thru the list. C for 'C'haracter, B for 'Bags' etc. this tends to make many games have a lot of identical keybinds and not necessarily because of them copying another game, altho some may still have been copied from other games due to popularity of keybind or cuz its just easier to remember when something is needed and the letter is already taken from another better suited shortcut. if you compare, for example, WoW and Everquest, not every keybind is the same between the 2 games. such as (im going of old memory on this and may of changed since i played it 7 years ago) quest is Q in eq and L in wow, talking to your party is /g (group) in EQ and /p in wow. and many others... like i said been a while since i played so cant remember many.

TL;DR -- mainly just use common letters ez to remember when making the game, but possible some have been copied from other games

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 05:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet View Post
    lol i was gonna post something about the title of thread and the thing that was remaining "nameless" too... kinda got side tracked tho. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet View Post
    I believe in Asia it is pronounced "Lift".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    I believe in Asia it is pronounced "Lift".
    That's what I was thinking. Sneaky anonymous game to avoid opening another Rift thread.