Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

what really grinds your gears, thread

I assume this is the type of discussion of this sub forum?

Well mine is, crowded places. I live in a small city and love it <3

Everything .
    Yep

15+ Year Old Account
    This is more a fun stuff thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of sleep and food allergies.

burnt toast

my dog shitting on the floor

my mom

everybody

life

People talking way louder than the situation calls for
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    burnt toast

my mom

everybody

life
    Woah, calm down buddy. >_>

Probably crowded places, or just going outside with friends, I like my alone time... A LOT!

Deleted
    Loud people. People that crave attention. Stupid people. Parents that don't control their children in stores etc. People that think Final Fantasy 8 was better than 7. Ppl that tlk like this. Lazy people. If I say no, it means no. Accents/Languages that use far too much phlegm(Arabic, Liverpool etc). People that chew with their mouth open - Seriously, no one wants to hear you chomping like a pig at a trough. The entire religious institution and any proponent of it. People that have children they can't afford. People that have children they can't afford, go on benefits and then complain they aren't being given enough. People that come to my country to exploit it with no intention of integration. 95% of the Republican party. David Cameron's strangely large forehead. Margaret Thatcher. People that are ill in public/on Teamspeak that feel obliged to clear their nose, bringing up mucus from their feet.

The list could go on for a long, long time lol. But those are probably the biggest peeves.

10+ Year Old Account
    this god forsaken flu! and people that dont use blinkers when changing lanes...
    -when im in a hurry and every light is red
    -these new things on face book about like/share/comment or ignore for justin beiber
    -not remembering my routers username/password
    -new games being released and requiring me to open ports on my router! *see above*
    -client side hit detection (im looking at you battlefield 3)
    -government.
    -politics
    -when you drop a nut/bolt or a socket when fixing a car AND ITS GONE FOREVER!
    -when you drop something and you try and catch it but end up hitting it and it starts to move at the speed of light across the damn room behind the one thing you cant move yourself
    -when you check your phone for the time and right when you put it away you get a text message
    -when you wake up 2 minutes before your alarm clock goes off
    -when you plug in your phone and it comes unplugged 100000000 times before you say f*** it and move on!
    -when games are released early and classified as 'beta's'
    -origins
    -stepping over your dog as it stands up and tries to break your neck
    -stepping over your cat as it darts under your feet no matter where you step
    -CAMPERS IN VIDEO GAMES! PLAY THE ****ING OBJECTIVE, and no, sitting in a corner 'defending' the objective ISNT PLAYING THE OBJECTIVE
    -duck faces
    -california's weather
    -gun bans
    -how the media sucks at everything it does
    -how meteorologists still have a job even though they have a standing record of getting the weather wrong
    -that everything is scripted when it comes to tv
    -that everyone gets so uppity over one little comment or one little idea that they dont agree with
    -when gas goes up 50 cents with no reason
    -that no one focuses on customer support and happiness and only focuses on money
    -that EA ruined so many companies
    -the m16a3

AND SO MUCH MORE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    burnt toast

my mom

everybody

life
    Your avatar seems intriguingly appropriate lol.

Mine would be walking in wet puddles in the bathroom with my socks on. Having half the amount of milk to fill a bowl of cereal.

1.Crowed cities
    2.Small town mentalities ( just because we live in the same down with 100 other people doesn't mean I want to talk to you.. ever)
    3.the way if someone is on the phone next to you and they get bad news they they keep talking making you wait to know what is wrong
    4.splinters
    5.people who judge others pureply based on looks
    6.people who don't have the willpower to overcome basic urges
    7.people who claim because its an urge it's ok to do it. ( i have the urge to gouge your eyes out but I'm not doing it)
    8.People who let their children run loose
    9.Children
    10.people who "can't live" when they are single
    11.people who asked if my piercings hurt, ( not that much but seriously?)
    12.people who don't make sense
    13.people that want me to be cleanly shaven
    14.people who think my ferret smells
    15.people who think its dirty if there is a speck of dust
    16.People that get mad and won't tell you why
    17.people who are not straight forward
    18.people who get their feelings hurt easily
    19.People who think THIS generation is doomed
    20.people who think reading is a joke
    21.People that couldn't name who wrote Hamlet (seriously?)
    22.how I get itchy after a shower
    23. and finally how I always seem to smell after spending half an hour in the shower

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Your avatar seems intriguingly appropriate lol.

Mine would be walking in wet puddles in the bathroom with my socks on. Having half the amount of milk to fill a bowl of cereal.
    agreed on both things! and his avatar is perfect isnt it....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    1.Crowed cities

21.People that couldn't name who wrote Hamlet (seriously?)
    That's pretty tragic, but then again, Shakespeare is quite a bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissarr View Post
    That's pretty tragic, but then again, Shakespeare is quite a bore.
    Debatable, hassle to read? I can agree. but then go read the Canterbury tales in middle English. it will make you pull your hair out

People getting all bent out of shape when someone shares their personal beliefs about something when asked and then demand they apologize for having that belief.
    Creationists trying to argue that creationism is as scientific as evolution is.
    Last edited by Hedleyazg; 2013-02-03 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    Debatable, hassle to read? I can agree. but then go read the Canterbury tales in middle English. it will make you pull your hair out
    It's not that it's difficult to read, it's just boring lol. If you want difficult then check out Ulysses. I didn't struggle with it THAT much, but it's a bit of a pain and it's certainly not easy reading. It's a great book, but I generally like to read fiction that you can just read in bed for half an hour before sleeping.

I can't stand people replying with any form of a simple "okay" when you try to explain something to them. For me this bears a feeling comparable to replies like "whatever" or "couldn't care less" when they should appreciate, discuss or even argue about the information you gave them. It seems like what you say is flying right through their heads, one side in other side out, not sticking in any way, and they're openly showing it.
    And this is not just in games or chats - while it happens there quite often -, it's everywhere. It's on TV (obviously), public rides, at school, when shopping, I even know a junior professor at my university who does it all the time and it makes me want to go nuts. Are people really becoming that mind numb or am I seeing things?

Ah. Another thing I absolutely hate. When people create threads on forums and the title is a statement or a single word, but contains a "?" or worse any combination of multiple "!?" at the end. It comes across so aggressive and dumb, it's unbearable. I know this kind of became a hip thing to do over the past years, but seriously people, don't do that.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2013-02-03 at 12:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When my ski company tries to run certain lifts on days that are forecasted for high winds and I'm saying "I told you so" to my boss after the lift is shut down due to wind.

Also, people who drive slow. See that white sign that says "speed limit 55 mph?" Yeah? Then how about you step on the gas pedal until your car is doing FIFTY FIVE FREAKING MILES AN HOUR.* Not asking you to speed. Just do the speed the sign says. Please.

*disclaimer, yeah yeah, if conditions are bad you can drive slow
    Putin khuliyo

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mod Note: Merged two similar threads. Normally I would ignore the thread that had been necro'ed, but the conversation is still relevant, so I decided to merge them instead.

I hate:

-People who make a lot of pointless threads.
    -Police, when I'm driving. They always make me feel like I have to drive a certain perfect way, but also that I have to not be a slow-poke/idiot driver because they want to just go too (ex. Slow down and don't take a light that's about to turn yellow, or wait? Normally I'd never miss a yellow light if I can safely do it, and cops also want to make the light, but other times lol it looks bad.)
    -People who drive fast but are fucking scrubs and can't stay in their lane for this one windy tight turn (with cement walls on our sides, 2 lanes) in this tunnel on my way home.
    -When they play slow paced songs on the radio while I work out, just because they're "popular." I need an upbeat fast paced song to get me going!
    -When it's cold outside and I get to school at 11:50 for my 12:15 class and there's absolutely no good parking in the parking lot, and then when I come back at 3:30 after my last class that day there's like 8 spots back to back to back all free in the good zones.
    -This kid in my Italian class who looks like he's 27 and Italian and raises his hand to answer all the questions like a teacher's pet.