Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is your BMI?!

BMI: body mass index: a measure of someone's weight in relation to height; to calculate one's BMI, multiply one's weight in pounds and divide that by the square of one's height in inches; overweight is a BMI greater than 25; obese is a BMI greater than 30

What is your BMI?
    Find out here.
    http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

I think something like 13-14% body fat.

But it seems quite useless to me. I mean, how you can call someone overweight without measuring body fat? Muscles are heavier than fat anyways.
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2011-02-17 at 02:32 AM.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

A cross country runner is 'overweight,' who knew

Apparently I'm overweight, even though I sit at 10% bodyfat. Weightlifting skews this to hell.
    Started a blog about underground/upcoming artists: http://newraphiphop.blogspot.com/ Check it out!

19.3 dangerously close to underweight lol. Of course I already knew that. =S

17.7. I should eat more, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post

A cross country runner is 'overweight,' who knew
    Precisely why BMI shouldn't even be taken remotely serious. I'm 6'5' 210 and apparently quite overweight. Just plugging in some values, it thinks 160 pounds is right in the middle of "normal weight". If I were to weigh 160 pounds, I could be broken in half.

10+ Year Old Account
    28.4 which is apparantly close to obese, hah. I'm only slightly overweight atm.

It's all a load of rubbish really, doesn't factor in muscle and bone density. According to the graph I should be around 12st to be healthy, that'd be underweight for me by about a stone
    Last edited by Alraml; 2011-02-18 at 01:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    23.5, osu \o/
    Thundercunts and stuff

Was expecting a bit less, but 23.1 is kinda satisfying. At least for now. I plan to start jogging once the fucking weather decides not to piss itself more than usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    BMI is a stupid and useless measurement since it doesn't calculate the result according to the %bf
    A BBer in my height would be considered obese even if he was riipped

Mines 26. 5' 11 200 pound male. Muscle mass but let a doctor tell your BMI. I know I am not fat or overwieght. The problem with some males and most females is they let a computer tell there BMI and thats it. Yall know what that CAN result into.

If I go back to Kuwait my BMI is gonna shoot up because imma lift weights like mad again. When i went into the army I had like 11% body fat. Got out and it was less (thanks Afghanistan heat plus weightlifting, plus all that walking on mountainous region)

But BoT dont measure BMI by computer, let a doc do it.

2 things to know about BMI that people get their panties in a wad about

No BMI isn't perfect...but people who are in shape know this & don't need to us it

It IS A GREAT TOOL for showing unhealthy people just how unhealthy they are.

BMI isn't there to judge healthy individuals, so if you are going for Mr. Universe & are at a 28 BMI, why the hell do you care enough to check BMI anyway?? It is a tool for those in dangerous categories or getting to dangerous categories gauge themselves easily & understandibly with doing it without fat tests (accruate fat tests can be expensive)

Deleted
    i calculated it 3 years ago when i was 15, it was 19, no idea what it is now

Deleted
    17 , i know im underweight but thats how i've always been , can eat month of trash food and my BMI wont even rise by 1.

16.2! My metabolism is like a speeding bullet...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearly 29... wdf... 0.0 I sport like mad. I play ruby, football(soccer), lift weights and my biggest hobby is bicycling (couple 100km's easly).
    But yeah I am kinda big build but not fat (like homer says "I AM BIG BONED!")
    But hey... Ppl always say I look good so :P

10+ Year Old Account

cool, brb donuts and cake.
    The only Rogue Baroness

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    29.9 apparently I'm obese... that's not right because I'm in quite good condition.